Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

My Experience Selling On Jiji - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience Selling On Jiji (4026 Views)

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Mimi Logistics: Make Money Selling On Jumia & Konga From Anywhere in Nigeria / Let's See New Way To Do Buy And Selling On Fiverr And Make Over $50 Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Selling On Jiji by realdentist(f): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
So I decided to start a business so I can help myself/my family with small extra cash and jiji "customers" want to kill me.
The first person to call me to ask for my product agreed that I would call her back the following day to give her feedback on what she requested for. That was two weeks ago. till today, my service provider is still saying "the number is not available". As in the phone has never rang. Not even once.
The next scammer was just yesterday. She called me and asked me to bring the product to her house. she gave the description and I said I don't know that area. We then agreed to meet at a fast food restaurant in her neighborhood by 6pm. Luckily for me, my husband agreed to drive me there. We drove for almost one hour before we got there. On the way I tried calling the number. Lo and behold I was told "the number does not exist". Ah! I started suspecting foul play but we still continued the trip. we got to the fast food and waited for 30 minutes thinking that she would call but no call. and the number still does not exist till now.
No be me una go kidnap una hear!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
JIJI IS A BUNGALOW FOR SCAMMERS AND KIDNAPPERS...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by realdentist(f): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
StephDamielola:
JIJI IS A BUNGALOW FOR SCAMMERS AND KIDNAPPERS...
You're right o
Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by Lokoyen(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
There are still good buyers and sellers. No how good a system is there will always be crooks.

I bought my car on jiji and no issues.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
For me, buying from Jiji has been great so far.
No foul play.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by fineboynl(m): 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
don't have make an inch to see anyone. tell them where to meet you. make sure it's a continent place for them to come. don't be desperate and in a hurry. I would advice you get yourself a store/office and tell anyone to meet you there.

you should also use olx.
Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by CosmeticChemist(m): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
realdentist:
So I decided to start a business so I can help myself/my family with small extra cash and jiji "customers" want to kill me.
The first person to call me to ask for my product agreed that I would call her back the following day to give her feedback on what she requested for. That was two weeks ago. till today, my service provider is still saying "the number is not available". As in the phone has never rang. Not even once.
The next scammer was just yesterday. She called me and asked me to bring the product to her house. she gave the description and I said I don't know that area. We then agreed to meet at a fast food restaurant in her neighborhood by 6pm. Luckily for me, my husband agreed to drive me there. We drove for almost one hour before we got there. On the way I tried calling the number. Lo and behold I was told "the number does not exist". Ah! I started suspecting foul play but we still continued the trip. we got to the fast food and waited for 30 minutes thinking that she would call but no call. and the number still does not exist till now.

You are a dentist ? How do keep up with work and online biz?
Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by realdentist(f): 8:18am On Jun 16, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

You are a dentist ? How do keep up with work and online biz?
my biz is offline. I only advertise online. the economy is harsh. I just have to keep up. thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by realdentist(f): 8:20am On Jun 16, 2017
ferhyntorlah:
For me, buying from Jiji has been great so far.
No foul play.
I've also bought on jiji before. that's what made me even advertise there in the first place
Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by realdentist(f): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2017
fineboynl:
don't have make an inch to see anyone. tell them where to meet you. make sure it's a continent place for them to come. don't be desperate and in a hurry. I would advice you get yourself a store/office and tell anyone to meet you there.

you should also use olx.
thank you
Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by CarlJhonson: 5:21am On Jun 19, 2017
What were they hoping for with that I wonder?
Anyway, jiji is really not that bad, any online biz has to deal with some 419ers
Leave feedback for those, jiji can investigate and if they're a scammer - make them go from their web
Be careful and hope you sell quick!

realdentist:

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Selling On Jiji by CosmeticChemist(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
realdentist:
my biz is offline. I only advertise online. the economy is harsh. I just have to keep up. thanks

Harsh for a medical doctor ? I heard dentistry is unsaturated and there lots of opportunity for dental students.

(1) (Reply)

Inflation To Drop To 15.04% In January On Slower Food Index Growth—fsdh / Looking For Distributors Of Bruna,rommanel Or Lanel Jewelry! / I Need Proshare Nigeria Contact Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.