Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer (60414 Views)

Any Man That Can Be Controlled By A Woman Is Still A Boy – Reno Omokri / Nigerian Man Is Searching For A Husband For His Mother (Photos) / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Rozaybb(f): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
iluvpomo:
and as a lady you have no shame saying that?? .... SMH
mumu ode no go hustle for life provide for ur family dey find woman wey go feed u
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by salbis(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
wordbank:
To chop woman money worse pass to chop small pikin money, u go pay till u enter grave
You don talk am finish. No more no less!
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by iluvpomo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Rozaybb:
mumu ode no go hustle for life provide for ur family dey find woman wey go feed u
and that's why runs girls like you will never find a faithful husband. I fend for myself and my family and am proud to also have an able and stable spouse that supports the family too .... 21st century living cool

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by sircrabo: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
From inception, the woman wasnt created to handle power. Eve was created from Adams rib to support Adam. Our forefathers went to farm while their wives kept the home. A womans brain isnt wired to manage power, thats the truth. Same reason why you meet a woman in high position in an office and she is unapproachable compared to her male counterparts. Same reason why you meet a female driver on the road and she wont even let you get in her front.

Women get carried away easily when entrusted with authority.

Even girls prefer male Ogas to female.

While in school, we ( boys and girls ) found male lecturers approachable compared to the female. True or false ?

You can see a man earning 1mil/month and you can still walk up to him but the females ; no

As a lady, how many times have you gotten free rides from guys without attaching strings ? compare it to how many times your fellow lady has given you a ride.

Now when a woman earns more than her husband, she is likely going to grumble with time. Very few women can be in this position without it getting into her head

Theres nothing wrong in a woman having more money than her husband but it shouldnt get into your head as a woman.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by charles009(m): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
MY wife is richer, we love ourselves and we keep a very happy home.

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by foyeks2001(f): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
krak101:
Your mama is sensible. Be Like her at least. The very least. Present day feminists would have taken the easy way out and opted out but she persevered and now her perseverance don payed offf. Tiri gbosa for your peeps for keeping their shit together . Gbosa Gbosa Gbosa
That her 'perseverance' wasn't easy o...we went thru hell my brother
Payed off u say, at the 99.9 hour....Lol
My mom went thru hell to single handedly raised us with her meagre salary b4 Abdulsalami's regime.
Thank God I married my husband

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by eph12(m): 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
ivolt:

So why were you feigning ignorance in the first place ?

The OP contend that men are okay providing for the family without
making noise about it, he fails to realise that men are not doing it freely,
such services are exchanged for authority.

There is a difference between a husband and a man, same way there
is a difference between a sperm donor and a father.

A husband is not just a man with pen.is, a husband must act like one
and perform husband's responsibility, if he fails to do that, he cannot
and should not expect to be treated like an overlord.

If you claim authority because you are the man, you should expect to lose
the same authority if you stop being the man.

You can't turn around to claim victim when you fail to perform your duties
or live up to expectations.

This is why I see any woman who marry below her class as naive because
she will never enjoy such marriage as any of her acts/reactions will be
interpreted in terms of wealth/arrogance instead of being judged
on their merits.
Oh I see. The contract was conditional. Something like pay the bills, retain your position but if not get ready to see anyhow right?

So what happens to the man of your class when he loses everything? He loses his position too right? Lol

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
The only thing that can make a richer woman to respect her husband is if the husband has a big dick.

3 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by MoyoGENERAL: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
foyeks2001:

Pray to God to give you your missing bone Bro because my father had this same mindset of yours....Its too late for him( he's in his late 70s now), but not you
When my father was father, then he was working with a German firm at that time HF Scrolder( don't know if I got that right), he had money then, always looked down on my mummy( a bread winner )( a poor Federal civil servant), he comes home at odd hours after giving order of 'serve them round', plus concubines etc.
When an opportunity came to own a flat for my mom( all these Jakande Estates), she informed my daddy abt it, and the money to be paid b4 securing a flat( the rest wld be deducted from her salary), my father( he bought a land in Lag but the Omo onile finally hijacked the land) bluntly said he cannot live under a woman's roof, she even told him that , we don't need to live there, if he can just help her out with that first payment, then my father said that a woman cannot own a house b4 him....my mom tried all she could, but she missed the opportunity.... years after, when Abdulsalami entered, he changed the whole thing, he increased civil servants salary.... my mom bought a land in Lagos and built a structure on it (then HF scrolder had folded up, dad managing with Eleganza and left for another meager pay till he finally retired himself)...
As God wld have it,My mom ( a retired civil servant) has been responsible for my dad's welfare(even b4 she retired in 2005)( her pension(over 50k) and monthly pay she receives from her daughters and sons- in-law) till tomorrow, even living under a woman's roof he declined years back....Its now I can confidently say that my mom is enjoying her marriage, God gave my father his wife
Only God knows how he distributes HIS things, you might be destined that your life partner wld be richer than you are, or wld be the one to lift you up....
I do tell my mom that if she were to be me, I wld have divorced such a man a very long time ago because I don't understand where u had one child, you noticed your spouse bad behavior towards you and d baby till u gave birth to 6kids for this man

Chai!!!!
#YourMumIsSpecial#
Very few ladies can do these in this age!

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

You only read to reply so ain't no need responding to you after this.

First, you deviated by going into your politics bla bla...

Second, I have worked in the corporate world and interacted with a whole lot of women in authority, so that for me counts as experience and a kind of pseudo research, remember that every research is also based in samples from a small group in the larger group.
You cannot base you conclusion on your own personal experience, when
you are loaded with prejudice and bias.

Actually, most enlightened men would have no issue working under a woman, save for the fact that many of such women turn tyrants, are averse to diplomacy, all in the name of fighting perceived obnoxiousness, and completely tactless and clueless when it comes to delicate issues...
How are they tyrants, just name one thing they do that men in similar position don't do ?
Diplomacy, you mean accepting everything you told them ?
If your male boss refuses your proposition, you will have no problem with that
unfortunately female boss don't enjoy such reverence.

Wow, I am very surprised that those female bosses are so tactless and clueless
that they rose to senior positions.

All my comments are from my personal experiences while working with women.

So what experiences do you have to support these claims of men being unable to take orders from women?
Personal experiences are the most weakest when it comes to drawing conclusions
and I will expect an enlightened man to be aware of its staggering drawbacks.
You shouldn't be found defending yourself with the logic of lynch mobs.

While you're on it, please reference any such research that says women are more emotionally intelligent than men cos it is common knowledge that women are able to sense things much more than men, which is just a tiny fraction of the while EI thing...
I will help you with this link(there are many more) since you love claiming authority without evidence when you could easily search google
for human psychology journals. I guess this further confirms your entrenched jaundiced view of women which you
cannot fathom to be wrong.

http://jornadasaludemociongenero.uji.es/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Fernandez-Berrocal.pdf

Read to digest and understand, cos you seem to feel too smart for anyone and also a closeted tribal bigot...
Really?
This simply means you are out of steam.
I will rather be a tribal bigot than mislabel half of the worlds population based on poor judgement.

The time you spent on digging profiles could be spent educating yourself that
the world doesn't end in your office and your views of women in power are just reactionary
adaptation to an unexpected situation.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by foyeks2001(f): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
MoyoGENERAL:

Chai!!!! #YourMumIsSpecial# Very few ladies can do these in this age!
I can't do it myself... still don't know why she had to put up with all that o Brother
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by GoodFaith: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
ivolt:

So why were you feigning ignorance in the first place ?

The OP contend that men are okay providing for the family without
making noise about it, he fails to realise that men are not doing it freely,
such services are exchanged for authority.

There is a difference between a husband and a man, same way there
is a difference between a sperm donor and a father.

A husband is not just a man with pen.is, a husband must act like one
and perform husband's responsibility, if he fails to do that, he cannot
and should not expect to be treated like an overlord.

If you claim authority because you are the man, you should expect to lose
the same authority if you stop being the man.

You can't turn around to claim victim when you fail to perform your duties
or live up to expectations.

This is why I see any woman who marry below her class as naive because
on their merits.

"This is why I see any woman who marry below her class as naive because
on their merits."

Class do change
I met a woman making about $55K a year-- I was about $120k
she started a small business after I met her
Told her to invest on properties she didn't want to , I had to force her)--
income for properties today is $65K yearly
Her business likely $100 to $200K yearly
Give or take she might be making over $60k yearly more than me now
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Cinderella5(f): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Apology accepted.

Why does the man have to be the higher wage earner? I personally think, this mentality is so so 1980.
Dora Akinyuli (RIP), earned more than her husband, but was still respectful towards her husband, still cooked for him and still tendered when his cassava rose.

Earning power should not and never be a basis of emotional attachments.

If you are richer than me, I would still marry you...
my problem with your first post is that you are deliberately looking for a richer woman to marry, that's gold digging mentality. If you meet a lady, fall in love with her and later realise she has more money, it's a different matter all together.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
HaneefahRN:

Abi o. Very annoying, send her back to her father's house, like she is a little kid.
They don't see that as being arrogant and egoistic, it's normal to them.
That is why those with esteem issues amidst them will always seek to draw their wives down, or make her dependent so they can step on her anyhow they want.

It's only possible with the wife's permission. Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Phonefanatic: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
Amberon11:
You didn't pick love over money, you simply took the advice of a spiritualist.

Besides, you don't love any of them. If you loved the first, why did you need the second? Be deceiving yourself.

You are still naive believe me. Love is not enough for marriage likewise money and going to a spiritualist my brother yes oo what you don't see controls what you see unless you never waka reach.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
GoodFaith:

"This is why I see any woman who marry below her class as naive because
on their merits."

Class do change
I met a woman making about $55K a year-- I was about $120k
she started a small business after I met her
Told her to invest on properties she didn't want to , I had to force her)--
income for properties today is $65K yearly
Her business likely $100 to $200K yearly
Give or take she might be making over $60k yearly than me now

Class do change and partners who have known each other for long time
will likely be able to relate normal as they have done in the past, unless
the relationship was based on convenience rather than security.

The same can't be said of new relationships where the society will tag any
woman who is richer than her partner as arrogant and troublesome even
without evidence. It is very difficult for such relationship to survive.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by NoToPile: 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
Loool ooo

A lot of men are always scared of their wives success why?
I really pity richer wives sometimes, if you sneeze its because you make more money, if you walk with too much swag its because you make more money, If you now make the mistake of saying pls help with this or that in the house its arrh she has turned him to houseboy.

When that man has more financial power and goes philandering about its ooo he's a man she has to bear all that and when the cash is gone he remembers he has one wife at home.

Everything is just to blame the woman na wa.

5 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by PDPGuy: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
A friend of mine confided in me recently that his once loving wife just became rude over night and he doesn't know why and so I asked him if his wife just did aby major payment at home and he said yes she just paid thier daughters school fees for the the first time because he was having some financial difficulties, I told him when he pays her back she will change back to the loving wife she was but till then she will remain rude

Question is why does he have to pay his wife back for her paying their children's school fees?
It doesn't make sense to me

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by GoodFaith: 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
ivolt:

Class do change and partners who have known each other for long time
will likely be able to relate normal as they have done in the past, unless
the relationship was based on convenience [/b]rather than security.

T[b]he same can't be said of new relationships where the society will tag any
woman who is richer than her partner as arrogant and troublesome even
without evidence. It is very difficult for such relationship to survive

No really

some women have fish brain
They do forget where they came from
women like power
If you let her have that power over you !!!!!!!!
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cinderella5:
my problem with your first post is that you are deliberately looking for a richer woman to marry, that's gold digging mentality. If you meet a lady, fall in love with her and later realise she has more money, it's a different matter all together.

I no wan suffer nah. If I meet a rich lady, I must love by force or by fire....
Not only ladies love to dig gold. Men too love to dig for gold....

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
eph12:

Oh I see. The contract was conditional. Something like pay the bills, retain your position but if not get ready to see anyhow right?
All contracts are conditional, if you want a marriage based on mutual respect,
you will get it and if you want a master-servant relationship, you will definitely
find a willing partner. When the contract is breached expect anything if
you have being unfair in your dealings.

So what happens to the man of your class when he loses everything? He loses his position too right? Lol

If a man loses everything, his fate should depend largely on his conduct when he was
buoyant and in charge.
There are lot of marriages that have gone through that phase and survived even without
outsiders getting a glimpse.

But some tactless insecure men who spent all their time ruling with iron fist will probably
get a shocker as they realise that their reign of terror has expired and they are no more
to be feared or obeyed.
That is when you see some husbands maligning their wives for mistreating them because they
lost his wealth just to attract sympathy, they won't tell the complete story to avoid shooting
themselves on the foot.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
GoodFaith:

some women have fish brain
They do forget where they came from
women ike power
If you let her have that power over you !!!!!!!!

This is common trait among humans generally.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by GoodFaith: 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
ivolt:

This is common trait among humans generally.

women make less they still act like a B
Now give her money !!!!!!!!!!!
Life is luck and God Blessing
Broke woman giving pussy think she is doing your favor
Rich woman giving you pussy still think she is doing favor
All men do are for women
It is a woman 's world
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by stint(m): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
foyeks2001:

Pray to God to give you your missing bone Bro because my father had this same mindset of yours....Its too late for him( he's in his late 70s now), but not you
When my father was father, then he was working with a German firm at that time HF Scrolder( don't know if I got that right), he had money then, always looked down on my mummy( a bread winner )( a poor Federal civil servant), he comes home at odd hours after giving order of 'serve them round', plus concubines etc.
When an opportunity came to own a flat for my mom( all these Jakande Estates), she informed my daddy abt it, and the money to be paid b4 securing a flat( the rest wld be deducted from her salary), my father( he bought a land in Lag but the Omo onile finally hijacked the land) bluntly said he cannot live under a woman's roof, she even told him that , we don't need to live there, if he can just help her out with that first payment, then my father said that a woman cannot own a house b4 him....my mom tried all she could, but she missed the opportunity.... years after, when Abdulsalami entered, he changed the whole thing, he increased civil servants salary.... my mom bought a land in Lagos and built a structure on it (then HF scrolder had folded up, dad managing with Eleganza and left for another meager pay till he finally retired himself)...
As God wld have it,My mom ( a retired civil servant) has been responsible for my dad's welfare(even b4 she retired in 2005)( her pension(over 50k) and monthly pay she receives from her daughters and sons- in-law) till tomorrow, even living under a woman's roof he declined years back....Its now I can confidently say that my mom is enjoying her marriage, God gave my father his wife
Only God knows how he distributes HIS things, you might be destined that your life partner wld be richer than you are, or wld be the one to lift you up....
I do tell my mom that if she were to be me, I wld have divorced such a man a very long time ago because I don't understand where u had one child, you noticed your spouse bad behavior towards you and d baby till u gave birth to 6kids for this man

Is it your Father you are talking about like this?

Which part of Nigeria are you from?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Amberon11: 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
So if love is not enough is it going to a spiritualist that is enough?
Phonefanatic:

You are still naive believe me. Love is not enough for marriage likewise money and going to a spiritualist my brother yes oo what you don't see controls what you see unless you never waka reach.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Maxylakers(m): 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
oboy...if the woman is richer... the day the man mistakenly cheats... he'd be faced with a bullet
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by SalamRushdie: 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
PDPGuy:

Question is why does he have to pay his wife back for her paying their children's school fees?
It doesn't make sense to me

Bro yes he has to ....most Nigerian women don't joke with their money

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by PDPGuy: 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Bro yes he has to ....most Nigerian women don't joke with their money
Lol. But when the man spends money on the kids, he will never ask his wife to pay back
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Cinderella5(f): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I no wan suffer nah. If I meet a rich lady, I must love by force or by fire....
Not only ladies love to dig gold. Men too love to dig for gold....
You are disgusting
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by SalamRushdie: 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
PDPGuy:

Lol. But when the man spends money on the kids, he will never ask his wife to pay back
Yes ..that's they way society has made it it to be ooo
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by iRepNaija1: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
chronique:
Don't ever pray for your woman to be richer than you. It's gonna be pretty hard to have a proper relationship under that kind of situation. If you give a woman an inch, chances of her taking a mile, would occur at least, 80% of the time.

Nb: when I mean "don't pray for your woman to be richer than you", I don't mean you shouldn't pray for her to succeed. Just don't start nursing the idea of wanting to be married to a lady who is richer. If fate brings you guys together, fine. But if you have an option, don't go for one. Not all ladies can handle such a relationship. Most allow their finances to get into their head.

The only thing you're wishing for is that a woman be successful but not too successful as to threaten men like you. A woman with a sound head on her shoulders would never involve herself with a man that is threatened by her success in any capacity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Lexusgs430: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
And here I was thinking I was already toasting you for marriage ?

Cinderella5:
You are disgusting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.