Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

#CCT Powers: That You May Know... Lere Olayinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #CCT Powers: That You May Know... Lere Olayinka (319 Views)

Lere Olayinka And Governor Fayemi Pose For A Selfie / Vp Helicopter Crash:lere Olayinka's Posts That Got People Talking.. / Mo Abudu Suspected To Be Amaechi's Girlfriend - Lere Olayinka (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#CCT Powers: That You May Know... Lere Olayinka by Purplebirdrep: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
#CCT Powers: That you may know...

The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), not being listed under Section 6 (5) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) as a Court, has no power or jurisdiction, derived from the Constitution, to try, convict and impose punishment on persons for a criminal offence.

#Fact is: 
The CCT is not a court of law under our Constitution and cannot be invested with criminal or quasi-criminal jurisdiction. 

Under Section 4 of the CCT Establishment Act, the Chairman and members of the CCT are appointees of the President unlike judges that are appointed by the National Judicial Council. 

Therefore, CCT chairman and members are not JUDGES. Only the Chairman is expected to be a someone qualified to be a judge while the two members need not even be a lawyer.

So when Saraki was arraigned before the CCT and my APC friends dancing azonto as if he will be jailed the following week, I just laughed at them and pitied them for their ignorance. 

Even Orubebe that the CCT indicted had his indictment quashed yesterday by the Appeal Court.

Methinks Buhari's men should get themselves educated on issues and stop wasting our time and resources on nothingness.

On Saraki's case, it was Presidency (Buhari) that arraigned Saraki before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (Controlled by the Presidency). The same Presidency (CCT) dismissed the case against Saraki and Presidency (which one this time) is kicking and itself... Nonsense!

My name is Lere Olayinka, I'm not a lawyer but I have common sense. 
#UnaMumuSupposeDonDo
#Hisssssssssh
Re: #CCT Powers: That You May Know... Lere Olayinka by Chikelue2000(m): 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
he hehehehe, where r d BMC guys, oya over to u
Re: #CCT Powers: That You May Know... Lere Olayinka by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
Buhari is damn too olodo .....

To make things worse he surrounded himself with use less ani mals....
Re: #CCT Powers: That You May Know... Lere Olayinka by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
Who is this foolish woman again?

Time to go home jare!!

(1) (Reply)

FG Gladdened By Accolades Showered On Prof. Osotimehin / Diezani Bribe: Efcc To Arraign Ex-minister Akinjide / Many People Will Go To Jail For Forgery Over My Recallrecall Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.