Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Who Not To Follow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Not To Follow (1000 Views)

Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus / If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow / The Ten Commandments To Follow In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Not To Follow by Kintayo(f): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2007
If you want to enter your land of rest, the Promised Land God is taking you to, then you must be careful whom you associate with. Exodus 23:2a says: ‘Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil.’ The well-known saying, Vox populi vox Dei means ‘The voice of the people is the voice of God.’ This is not true, because often the most popular leaders do evil.

When God asked 12 spies to go out into the land of Canaan, they obeyed. But on their return, ten of them disgraced God by saying that the land was good, but impossible to conquer. ‘Don’t mind God; he is only trying to whet our appetites over a land he cannot give us.’ They used their oratory and eloquence to influence the whole of Israel and turned their hearts against God. But his servant Moses and the other two spies disagreed. As a result of the revolt that followed, God swore that none of the men, 20 years and older who had come out of Egypt would inherit the land of promise, except Caleb and Joshua. So they wandered and wandered for 40 years in the wilderness until all of them died there. People who tell you God can not do what he has promised, should be avoided. Those who paint pictures of God’s powerlessness, because of delays in answering, and ask you to try other gods or false prophets, should be avoided like the plague.

Paul says: ‘Be ye followers of me even as I am of Christ.’ In other words, he is saying, ‘You can keep on imitating my lifestyle as long as I live in consonance with that of Jesus. But the moment I begin to stray from the truth, stop following me. If I preach another gospel to you, do not receive or believe it.’ Today, some Church leaders who started well have turned away from following Christ. God says, ‘Stop following them or else you will be consumed in the Judgement that will come upon them.’ Pause today and take a long look at those you call your friends. Find out who is constantly leading you into error and prayerfully cut them off. Keep those who will lead you in God’s way, in whose company you are always spiritually revived.
Re: Who Not To Follow by lafile(m): 10:59am On Feb 02, 2007
Thanks for sharing open heavens with the house. Bless you.
Re: Who Not To Follow by Kintayo(f): 11:34am On Feb 03, 2007
You are welcome cool cool cool cool
Re: Who Not To Follow by tpia1: 1:13am On Jan 08, 2011
good one.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Feel Free To Ask Me Questions On My Beliefs About The God Who Revealed The Bible / Christian Zionist love Israel not Jesus / Robbery In Olabisi Onabanjo University, why not Aso Rock!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.