Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,610 members, 7,823,655 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

The New CAC Online Portal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New CAC Online Portal (12292 Views)

Do I Have To Register New CAC For Each of my Business? / Why Is It So Difficult To Register A Business Name On The CAC Online Portal ??? / Issues With CAC Online Name Reservation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Affairs Commission has taken company registration to the next level. The new online registration system has greatly improved efficiency such that a week is more than enough to register a business name or limited company. What you can enjoy using CAC online service:

1. Name search/reservation can be done the same day. From my experience with it, most requests done before 1pm are usually processed the same day. (This used to take 1-2 weeks in most state offices).

2. Stamp Duties now has an instant electronic online portal that is integrated with the CAC portal. You pay with your ATM card and the next click you are downloading your stamped documents and an e-receipt sent straight to your email address. (This was usually 3-4 days; thanks to CAC/FIRS collaboration).

3. You download and sign your forms (you will need a notary public or commissioner of oaths), then upload them again. Usually, you will get a response the same day you upload them for your RC or BN number, if you did everything right. Your business in registered!

4. Go to the office you selected as your collection point with originals of your signed documents and other things you uploaded and collect your certificate and CTCs. (No timeline for this one to the best of my knowledge, but 2 days allowance works for me!).

Notes:
It is stated by CAMA 1990 (as Amended) that the secretary of a company should be a lawyer, chartered accountant or chartered secretary.
Business Names (with BN number) do not require stamp duties
Incorporated trustees need a notice published on Nigerian newspapers for some weeks

Visit http://cac.gov.ng for more information.

Or drop a comment!

2 Likes

Re: The New CAC Online Portal by topsam1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
foxychev:
Corporate Affairs Commission has taken company registration to the next level. The new online registration system has greatly improved efficiency such that a week is more than enough to register a business name or limited company. What you can enjoy using CAC online service:

1. Name search/reservation can be done the same day. From my experience with it, most requests done before 1pm are usually processed the same day. (This used to take 1-2 weeks in most state offices).

2. Stamp Duties now has an instant electronic online portal that is integrated with the CAC portal. You pay with your ATM card and the next click you are downloading your stamped documents and an e-receipt sent straight to your email address. (This was usually 3-4 days; thanks to CAC/FIRS collaboration).

3. You download and sign your forms (you will need a notary public or commissioner of oaths), then upload them again. Usually, you will get a response the same day you upload them for your RC or BN number, if you did everything right. Your business in registered!

4. Go to the office you selected as your collection point with originals of your signed documents and other things you uploaded and collect your certificate and CTCs. (No timeline for this one to the best of my knowledge, but 2 days allowance works for me!).

Notes:
It is stated by CAMA 1990 (as Amended) that the secretary of a company should be a lawyer, chartered accountant or chartered secretary.
Incorporated trustees need a notice published on Nigerian newspapers for some weeks

Or drop a comment!

Thanks!
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2017
topsam1:

Thanks!
Uwc
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Glocal1: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
foxychev:

Notes:

Or drop a comment!
How much does d registration cost for different categories of company/Business.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Abra4real(m): 12:24am On Jun 29, 2017
foxychev:

Notes:

Or drop a comment!
Can I register a business name for someone and collect the certificate on behalf of the person?
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 1:31am On Jun 29, 2017
Abra4real:

Can I register a business name for someone and collect the certificate on behalf of the person?

Only if you are an agent.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Deyemmy(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2017
How much can I register a Limited company with 1m shares.. . I don't want to make use of lawyer or any agent.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by hedonistic: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2017
Deyemmy:
How much can I register a Limited company with 1m shares.. . I don't want to make use of lawyer or any agent.

Had a very nasty experience with a hungry lawyer that has left a bad taste in my mouth. Paid him in full to register a company with 1 million share capital, and since then, for several months now, he has been beating about the bush and running from pillar to post, avoiding my calls most times, and resorting to rubbish stories afterwards. Clearly, the hungry idiot has diverted my money to personal uses without registering the company as agreed.

This is one of the reasons why I'm no longer interested in using the services of lawyers for this purpose. They're ripoffs.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2017
Deyemmy:

You will have to go through an agent for a limited company. Because you need to appoint a secretary, who should be one.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 8:35am On Jun 29, 2017
hedonistic:

Had a very nasty experience with a hungry lawyer that has left a bad taste in my mouth. Paid him in full to register a company with 1 million share capital, and since then, for several months now, he has been beating about the bush and running from pillar to post, avoiding my calls most times, and resorting to rubbish stories afterwards. Clearly, the hungry idiot has diverted my money to personal uses without registering the company as agreed.

This is one of the reasons why I'm no longer interested in using the services of lawyers for this purpose. They're ripoffs.

Your experience with a bad egg doesn't mean lawyers are ripoffs. Though I'm not a lawyer, I have a lot of them and they are wonderful.

Yet, for how many months will he register a business? There is a way to verify online if he is working on it at all, or just posting you.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by hedonistic: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2017
foxychev:

Your experience with a bad egg doesn't mean lawyers are ripoffs. Though I'm not a lawyer, I have a lot of them and they are wonderful.

Yet, for how many months will he register a business? There is a way to verify online if he is working on it at all, or just posting you.

Working on it for several months? We're talking about four months at least. I'm sure it never takes up to a month to complete the registration process and for one's certificate to be ready.

If he had honest intentions, he would at least make efforts to contact me with updates.

How can I check online for the status?
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
hedonistic:

Working on it for several months? We're talking about four months at least. I'm sure it never takes up to a month to complete the registration process and for one's certificate to be ready.

If he had honest intentions, he would at least make efforts to contact me with updates.

How can I check online for the status?

Visit CAC website and click on Public Search
Type the name of your company and search.
If you don't see anything then he does not even have an active name reservation, meaning he is doing NOTHING.
If you see the name qualified with "undergoing registration" then there is hope.
If you see the registered office address in addition to the above (but no RC number) then he has really gone far with it, most likely he has paid all the required fees.
If you see an RC number with the above then registration is complete, and he either has the certificate or he is waiting to collect it. (He would have called you confidently at this stage).

NOTE: Search results will also display other companies with similar names, which may be already registered or undergoing registration. So look for the exact name on the list.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Deyemmy(m): 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
hedonistic:

That's why I want to avoid agents or lawyer... A friend of mine paid to a lawyer since last year, yet no certificate. And someone said he did his own without agent or lawyer
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
Deyemmy:

That's why I want to avoid agents or lawyer... A friend of mine paid to a lawyer since last year, yet no certificate. And someone said he did his own without agent or lawyer

Only business names can be registered without agent or lawyer. But for corporations there is a section of the form where you will need them to fill for you, you can't bypass it.
I have been an agent for quite a while now and there has been NO casualties. Many people (including nairalanders) didn't meet me in person, we exchanged documents via Courier.
Just pray you always meet the right people at the right times.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Abra4real(m): 1:03am On Jun 30, 2017
foxychev:

Only if you are an agent.
If I'm not, the person has to go collect the certificate, right?
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by mycece: 1:11am On Jun 30, 2017
I have 15 registered limited liability companies for sale with no assets or liability. All we need do is change of directors. Share capital is 1m. Contact me if interested: Charles - 07032720592 or 01-6324948 (office 9-5pm).
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
FYI. If you need to contact me directly, kindly call, text or use the telegram messaging app only.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by kingsleyabang: 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS with CAC at ₦20,450 | Visit https://starterbag.com now!

{#} Ready in 5-14 business days.
{#} Delivery to any location in Nigeria
{#} Handled by CAC accredited experts.

CAC Registration process is hard, we get! We are here to help. If you need to register your business ASAP, visit https://starterbag.com to get a super discount on CAC Registration

BONUS
{#} Free Business Startup Advice.
{#} Help with TIN Registration
{#} Help with Opening Corporate Bank Accounts

DELIVERY!
Your certificate will be ready in 5 - 14 working days and delivered anywhere in Nigeria, FREE!

Visit https://starterbag.com/#direct-cac and use the coupon code "MAYDAY3000" at checkout to get this amazing discount.

Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Esthametor: 5:58pm On May 31, 2018
foxychev:

Notes:

Or drop a comment!

I am having issues with my business registration. I am asked to streamline the nature of business. I don't understand how to do it. pls help
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by foxychev(m): 11:49am On Jun 01, 2018
Esthametor:

I am having issues with my business registration. I am asked to streamline the nature of business. I don't understand how to do it. pls help
This happens when you try to combine diverse kinds of business activities.
The nature of your business should be related or complimentary, especially for business names. Limited companies have greater leverage on this topic.
For instance, if you're doing events planning, and you add real estate, ICT services and transportation all at the same time, you might get a query on your business name registration. Try to make sure what you include are closely related.

P.S.
This is the reason to employ professionals. There're professional ways of stating these things without attracting a query from CAC.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by chiefkpokp(m): 10:03am On Jun 08, 2018
Thank you so much, you have been assistance to me, I was able to get my wife company registered within 3days.... Thank you so much.... na me dey disturb u for phone since 2days ago, incase u non remember me.

foxychev:

Notes:

Or drop a comment!
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by ithink7: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2018
Does anyone have experience with the online registration for limited liability company.

I want to register a new company and I want it as fast as possible.

A guy we paid to do it over a month now has done nothing.

If possible, I want to do everything by myself.
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by twosquare(m): 8:26am On Jul 07, 2018
Contact this guy on FB: https://web.facebook.com/hassan.nurudeen.5
ithink7:
Does anyone have experience with the online registration for limited liability company.

I want to register a new company and I want it as fast as possible.

A guy we paid to do it over a month now has done nothing.

If possible, I want to do everything by myself.

1 Like

Re: The New CAC Online Portal by simba01(m): 8:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Emmau0091(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2018
Scam Scam!! Ppl do not fall for it. Them chop my money oo. Ordered since July till today September I never hear from them

kingsleyabang:

CAC Registration process is hard, we get! We are here to help. If you need to register your business ASAP, visit https://starterbag.com to get a super discount on CAC Registration

BONUS

DELIVERY!
Your certificate will be ready in 5 - 14 working days and delivered anywhere in Nigeria, FREE!

Visit https://starterbag.com/#direct-cac and use the coupon code "MAYDAY3000" at checkout to get this amazing discount.

1 Like

Re: The New CAC Online Portal by victemige: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2018
Hey kingsley, you are a scam.

I ordered for the "Business Names Package" on the 5th July, 2018 which costs ₦24,950. They promised me 10 days delivery. Today is 21st September, they are yet to deliver my certificate nor register my business. If I call with my registered number they won't pick up. They went to the extent of collecting ₦6,000 for delivery to Ibadan from me. They arent trustworthy. Dont buy from this site they will scam you. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

kingsleyabang:

BONUS

DELIVERY!

1 Like

Re: The New CAC Online Portal by tech18: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
victemige:
Hey kingsley, you are a scam.

I ordered for the "Business Names Package" on the 5th July, 2018 which costs ₦24,950. They promised me 10 days delivery. Today is 21st September, they are yet to deliver my certificate nor register my business. If I call with my registered number they won't pick up. They went to the extent of collecting ₦6,000 for delivery to Ibadan from me. They arent trustworthy. Dont buy from this site they will scam you. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

Oga Victemige just report him to NL_Effcc(TABBAZ)
Report him to TABBAZ
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Tabbaz(m): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
foxychev:

Uwc

Scammer
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Tabbaz(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
tech18:
Oga Victemige just report him to NL_Effcc(TABBAZ)
Report him to TABBAZ
thanks
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by tech18: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
Tabbaz:
thanks
welcome sir
Re: The New CAC Online Portal by Bigdaddy234: 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
@ Victor,as discussed pls report him to EFCC and others.

Actually Victor was scammed by the so called STARTERBAG a.k.a Kingsley by name.

I did his registration within one week.

Get a Company registered today with CAC & Be your own Boss,
register your Business name,Limited company,church,mosque,NGOs, and clubs .with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria with Accredited professional.

Cal/Whatsapp number: 07034672434

We deliver your certificate at your doorstep!

Location:Lagos but we can deliver certificate anywhere in Nigeria

Integrity Pays

Re: The New CAC Online Portal by 9japrof(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
Walk into any CAC office, meet any of the officers there, they have lawyers pre arranged and they would help u top two to three weeks and it would be ready...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos / Dangote Gained $5 Billion In 22 Days As Net Worth Hits $20 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.