Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,950 members, 7,848,857 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

"Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara (22583 Views)

Saraki, Dogara, Secondus, Protest Against Osun Election Outcome / Saraki, Dogara, Obasanjo Absent At Independence Day Rally / President Buhari's Remark At The Meeting With The Executives Of APC And PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by SEYILIGHT(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2017
H
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by shadrach77: 8:39am On Jun 16, 2017
Osinbajo - a stooge; a puppet. A surplant. He can't do anything on the matter

4 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:39am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:
The day pmb allowed Mesu ( saraki ) to preside over the Senate

I know we are in for a long Ride

He's ready to ruin any meaningful achievement of this administration.

He's a serial traitor and betrayer.
He betrayed his father how much more any other pers
Saraki is to kwara state what tinubu is to Lagos state..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by magoo10(m): 8:40am On Jun 16, 2017
this is the worst govt nigeria have had in recent times.confusion everywhere ,I wonder where they are headed,to the rock I presume

5 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Jun 16, 2017
They should stop padding.........
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by MisterGrace: 8:46am On Jun 16, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The Executive presents a budget. The Legislators scrutinizes and endorse. I don't understand where the Senators got the power to add or remove project on a budget presented to them.

The Legislator's function on budgetary matter is basically for checks and balances to ensure transparency and accountability.

Saraki is just an enemy of this Administration. He only wants to drag power. He doesn't have the masses at heart. He is there for his personal interest.
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by yinkslinks(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2017
facts pls?
sarrki:

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by magoo10(m): 8:48am On Jun 16, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The Executive presents a budget. The Legislators scrutinizes and endorse. I don't understand where the Senators got the power to add or remove project on a budget presented to them.

The Legislator's function on budgetary matter is basically for checks and balances to ensure transparency and accountability.

Saraki is just an enemy of this Administration. He only wants to drag power. He doesn't have the masses at heart. He is there for his personal interest.
check your facts ,they are constitutionally mandated to add or remove items from the budget ,it is their right and duty

2 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by igbohausayoruba: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2017
When will we get it right

2 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Kog45(m): 8:48am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

If the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do

Saraki (Mesu) is the leader of the house of corruption
Pls are u Sarki or somebody is impersonating u coz I don't understand what u are trying to across.

2 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by OfficialAwol(m): 8:49am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

What do you want the Senate to do?

You want the national assembly to be rubber stamps of every executive bill?

You accuse Bukola Saraki of going against his Father; are you telling he should allowed his sister succeed him as governor? Is Kwara state a family fiefdom of the Sarakis?

Why are appropriation bills sent to the national assembly if they do not have the right and the constitutional authority to add or subtract?

Nigeria will get better the day we learn to drop sentiments and emotions, and view things from an objective prism.

4 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Rider23: 8:51am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by lanrecisse30(m): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

who told you he betrayed his father, what do you know about kwara state. Either you keep mum or talk about what you know about.

2 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by toprealman: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2017
Tell me the difference between our political leaders and Evans the infamous Kidnapper?

2 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by surgical: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
Saraki is to kwara state what tinubu is to Lagos state..

Gbam, you nailed it

2 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by BeardedMeat(m): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2017
austinvsb1:

You corrupt headed individuals defending corruption at every turn are the reasons this thieves do whatever tf they want!! I wonder what kind of country you are going to leave for your generation unborn with this attitude to life.

The whole 'they are all the same' argument is for the pathetically WEAK minds to offer and consume! Criticize each and every of your public officials for the wrongs they do individually. Assuming guilt for everyone, thus allowing some to get away with evil deeds is mentally LAZY!
On whose side are you? I am for equity and good governance. It is the same Osunbande who prevailed on the efcc to stop investigation of corruption charges against Emir Sanusi. That's corruption fighting back.
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Origin(f): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2017
Please what are the amendments.

That's what I'm interested in.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by OlaMiki: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2017
Mumu Comment . in your mind you are intelligent abi? shocked shocked so adding entirely new projects or removing a project is what u refer to appropriation ?!!!! appropriation is more of project valuing/ pricing for check and balance . mumu
DamiBukola:
Some of you need tutorial I swear. It is call Appropriation Bill, a bill is enacted to become Appropriation Act. Are you telling me the Legislature has no power to amend a bill sent by the Executive for enactment?

Stop being fooled by Sagay and Osinbajo, people being controlled by emotions. Where were they when the NASS all these years have been am ending Appropriation Bill sent to it. If you leave the bill the way the executive sent it, some States will be left with nothing. This is more so under Buhari philosophy of 97% and 5 % economics

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by bart10: 8:57am On Jun 16, 2017
verygudbadguy:

My dear friend, having read your write up comprehensively, I must say you write well. I only have a problem with your assertion without any reference to the constitution. I have also read the argument of the acting President, Senate President and that of the speaker of the HOA. None of them made reference to any section of the constitution.

Dogara only made reference to the USA congress as regards their budget amendment.

That said, I will keep my mind open and see where this will end if the matter is taking to the Supreme court. I am not a lawyer but Acting President is a professor of Law. So also, Sagay, so i expect them to understand the interpretation of the constitution better than those Legislators.

Enjoy your Friday.

Quite logical! I just feel Osinbajo and Sagay are too emotional. Nigeria belongs to us all for now.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Adebowale89(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2017
Kog45:
Pls stop talking thrash and be sensible in your post,anything on Saraki u always go astray without addressing d main issue.

What i expect from u is simple,tell us why National Assembly is at fault not Saraki is a betrayer.

tell us? who's the us?

someone gave his own opinion and you're calling it thrash? what sensitive comment do u made now that made u different from the opinion u called thrash?

@the topic, this country is corrupted to the extent that, if anyone return lost items, he/she will be worshipped as hero which is normal in a sane society

heard Gowon was 29 going to 30 when he was made head of state but the kind of youths we have in this Nigeria are bunch of confused entity who has no basis

we are complaining of old leaders ruling us, sure dogara should still be in his late 40 or early 50, just imagine their misuse of power? so where is the hope when the mantle of leadership of this country is handed over to the youths? where

I really hope we get it right one day, everywhr is littered with glaring corruption

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by sarrki(m): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2017
lanrecisse30:

who told you he betrayed his father, what do you know about kwara state. Either you keep mum or talk about what you know about.

Tell us what happened during up lawal app primaries

Since you know kwara politics wella

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by lanrecisse30(m): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2017
why is saraki always held responsible for all that happened in NASS. He is only no 1 among equal. The legislature will never succumb to the Executive.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by etzskillz(m): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2017
I wish d NASS can be scrapped

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by BeardedMeat(m): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2017
BlackAfrican:

You speak like someone suffering from lack of wisdom.
I guess all the Presidents of this country since 1960 have rotten heads because this thing has been happening since 1960....

One point to note:
In the last 18 years of democratic rule, only Buhari's administration has actively called out the legislators for inflating the budget or tampering with it. No other administration did.
They were called out because they failed in pocketing Nass. And yes, all the presidents since 1960 were rotten heads until buhari came calling with his deceitful change mantra and took the rot to a whole new level.
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by surgical: 8:59am On Jun 16, 2017
magoo10:

check your facts ,they are constitutionally mandated to add or remove items from the budget ,it is their right and duty

Femi falana, sagay and that SERAP guy will destroy osinbajo if he is not careful ,he always take everything they say as the gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by DisGuy: 8:59am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

betrayed his father for not supporting his sister to be the next governor or another issue we are not aware of?

Would thr other candidate been a better option Ahmed or whatever his name is? He isnt doing much at thr moment a bit obese and towing party line
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by yaki84: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

the day nigerians allowed buhari to lead nigeria, i knew we r on a long ride.

Someone that couldnt even manage his malu biz, for 5 yrs counting his cows never increased.

See whr nigeria is, we r now likeswinging pendulum.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by DisGuy: 9:01am On Jun 16, 2017
If thr NA introduce new budget just nod, review it and systematically ignore it in the budget year...simples
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2017
Once Biafra republic is restored all these confusion will stop.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by BeardedMeat(m): 9:03am On Jun 16, 2017
BlackAfrican:

Funny enough, when the real effect of this legislative fückery plays out, you'll be the one to wail most. Please shift your bulshit talk one side. Defenders of corruption.
Lolzzz...you sound very bitter. I am not defending corruption, its the buhari led government pretending to fight corruption while shielding corrupt practices of their appointees and cronies that are defenders of corruption. Even buhari rode to power on the proceeds of corruption.
Now I have given you one fvck, take several seats back.
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by HAH: 9:05am On Jun 16, 2017
fineboynl:
if will option for restructuring. all this things would stop.
If you restructure Nigeria are you going to bring new people from Jupiter the run the nation? It is the same people oppresing you today that will be leaders of your restructured entity, there is nothing wrong in Nigeria structure or laws the problem is with our attitude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Not Permitted To Continue Kalu’s Trial – Judge / Governor Yahaya Bello Faces Risks Of Disqualification Over Double Registration / Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.