Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,249 members, 7,849,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

"Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara (22584 Views)

Saraki, Dogara, Secondus, Protest Against Osun Election Outcome / Saraki, Dogara, Obasanjo Absent At Independence Day Rally / President Buhari's Remark At The Meeting With The Executives Of APC And PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by blackboy(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2017
This has confirmed my earlier thoughts. The Acting President was forced to sign the budget after receiving it and spotted some abnormalities might not have wanted to sign. Word got round and the letter from PMB for him to sign left him with no choice.

Acting President, welcome to the real world of Nigerian politics. Go to court but it has been signed and those monies must be shared

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Jesusloveyou: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:
The day pmb allowed Mesu ( saraki ) to preside over the Senate

I know we are in for a long Ride

He's ready to ruin any meaningful achievement of this administration.

He's a serial traitor and betrayer.
He betrayed his father how much more any other pers
point of correction, pmb never allowed saraki

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by sunnyside16(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2017
Dubious people everywhere in the NA
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by surgical: 9:11am On Jun 16, 2017
etzskillz:
I wish d NASS can be scrapped

So we can have one man rule , a government of check and balance is the best, the executive has something to hide, the earlier you know that the better, to them every body is bad, the judiciary, the legislators, even the Nigerian people are all fantastically corrupt,except them, how self conceited can one be,meanwhile their modus operandi is lies, lies lies and unfortunately the gulible lash at it because of the power of the press

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by magoo10(m): 9:13am On Jun 16, 2017
surgical:

Femi falana, sagay and that SERAP guy will destroy osinbajo if he is not careful ,he always take everything they say as the gospel truth.
they are the sets of lawyers who turn the truth on its head ,they are more dangerous than we think

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by sarrki(m): 9:14am On Jun 16, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

He did boss

He did not participate in the party activities
During the senate election
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by DisGuy: 9:15am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

He did boss

He did not participate in the party activities
During the senate election

he's not a senator...

secondly the other candidates from benue were fighting amongst themselves and Ahmed was relying on big wigs to instal him instead of diing the ground work.
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by chaloner(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The Executive presents a budget. The Legislators scrutinize and endorse. I don't understand where the Senators got the power to add or remove project on a budget presented to them.

The Legislator's function on budgetary matter is basically for checks and balances to ensure transparency and accountability.

Saraki is just an enemy of this Administration. He only wants to drag power. He doesn't have the masses at heart. He is there for his personal interest.
so what do u called scrutinize? Looking at d budget abi?
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by tomakint: 9:23am On Jun 16, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The Executive presents a budget. The Legislators scrutinize and endorse. I don't understand where the Senators got the power to add or remove project on a budget presented to them.

The Legislator's function on budgetary matter is basically for checks and balances to ensure transparency and accountability.

Saraki is just an enemy of this Administration. He only wants to drag power. He doesn't have the masses at heart. He is there for his personal interest.
End of discussion my brother. I hope I am permitted to lift this? Succinctly put. This is likely going to be this spoilt brat (Saraki) downfall. Saraki is a pure and dirty, arrogant rogue.

2 Likes

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by ettybaba(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

Saraki is the number one enemy of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by permit(m): 9:37am On Jun 16, 2017
creeping nation with lazy people= irredeemable, see them with zero solution. Well i'll take my stand still, clean all this politifians ASAP in our system the gat no future for d masses, how on earth a developin nation talk of buget at the middle of the year dos dis make any brain? Am outa here ma frien fuk buget

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by magoo10(m): 9:38am On Jun 16, 2017
Section 59 of the Constitution sets out the role of the National Assembly in the passage of money bills. This section does not in any way limit the extent to which the National Assembly may alter the budgetary estimates submitted to the National Assembly by Mr. President.
Indeed, section 59(4) vests in the National Assembly the veto power, where the Presidents declines to give his assent to what the National Assembly considers fit and proper for the country.
Where the President fails to assent a money Bill within 30 days of his receipt of same, a Joint Sitting of both Houses of the National Assembly is required. If the Joint Sitting passes the Money Bill by two-thirds majority, the assent of the President is dispensed with and the Money Bill automatically becomes law.
By the provisions of the Fiscal Responsibility Act, w e can only come to the conclusion that the legal framework for budgetary processes in Nigeria allows the National Assembly to exercise the power to alter the budgetary estimates prepared by the Executive, where necessary, as the National Assembly deems fit.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Praktikals(m): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:
He betrayed his father how much more any other person
Bukola Saraki didnt betray his father. It was a politrick to ensure that Saraki dynasty outlive Olusola Saraki.
I am of the opinion that people who call Saraki a betrayer are not being fair. When APC needed him to get Kwara votes, did they not know he was corrupt? I think he is just being ambitious.
I also disagree with people who feel that Saraki disrespects Tinubu. They are both Godfathers in their own right. The Sarakis have been ruling Kwara politics since inception. Na only age Jagaban take senior Bukky
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Robbin7(m): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2017
DamiBukola:
Some of you need tutorial I swear. It is call Appropriation Bill, a bill is enacted to become Appropriation Act. Are you telling me the Legislature has no power to amend a bill sent by the Executive for enactment?

Stop being fooled by Sagay and Osinbajo, people being controlled by emotions. Where were they when the NASS all these years have been amending Appropriation Bill sent to it. If you leave the bill the way the executive sent it, some States will be left with nothing. This is more so under Buhari philosophy of 97% and 5 % economics

And you think its the legislative duty to alter it?
This is like you and your project supervisor, you send your work, he observes it an tells you to make apprioprate corrections, he doesn't do it for you. The legislative at overvstepping their bounds its a clear sign if imcompetemce and lack of understanding of the law.
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by OlaMiki: 9:47am On Jun 16, 2017
Point of correction , he look away showing lack of interest on who emerge SP in d name of his "I belong to nobody, I belong to everybody" rubbish. summarily base on logistic, He technically allowed Saraki manipulate himself to become SP
Jesusloveyou:
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by wristbangle: 9:48am On Jun 16, 2017
sarrki:

Saraki is the most corrupt, slander, wicked and useless senate president of all time in Nigeria.

How I wish the day Kwara people stoned him, it actually hit him and died.

He destroyed the legacy laid by his father and I know that one day remedy will catch up on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by vecman22(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2017
magoo10:

check your facts ,they are constitutionally mandated to add or remove items from the budget ,it is their right and duty

Why do you guys just open your mouth and say what you know nothing about? Please provide us with that part of the constitution which gives the legislature the power to add or remove items from the budget

Please provide us with facts...
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Joejoe12(m): 10:01am On Jun 16, 2017
why looking so strange to the action, what do you espect from the kind of Sariki and Soboma his fellow traitor
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by magoo10(m): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2017
vecman22:

Why do you guys just open your mouth and say what you know nothing about? Please provide us with that part of the constitution which gives the legislature the power to add or remove items from the budget

Please provide us with facts...
The legal framework for passage of money bills at the central government level is governed mainly by sections 59, 80 and 81 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, as amended, as well as the Fiscal Responsibility Act CAP F40, LFN 2004
(Updated to 31st December 2010).
Section 80(2) of the Constitution provides that no money shall be spent by the Federal Government unless such expenditure is either provided for directly by the Constitution or it is authorized [i.e. appropriated] by the National Assembly, as follows:
“(2) No moneys shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation except to meet expenditure that is charged upon the fund by this Constitution or where the issue of those moneys has been authorised by an Appropriation Act, Supplementary Appropriation Act or an Act passed in pursuance of section 81 of this Constitution.”
Section 81 (1) of the Constitution prescribes the role of the President in the annual budgetary process – to prepare the estimates of revenue and expenditure and place same before the National Assembly, as follows:
“ 81. (1) The President shall cause to be prepared and laid before each House of the National Assembly at any time in each financial year estimates of the revenues and expenditure of the Federation for the next following financial year.”
Section 59 of the Constitution sets out the role of the National Assembly in the passage of money bills. This section does not in any way limit the extent to which the National Assembly may alter the budgetary estimates submitted to the National Assembly by Mr. President.
Indeed, section 59(4) vests in the National Assembly the veto power, where the Presidents declines to give his assent to what the National Assembly considers fit and proper for the country.
Where the President fails to assent a money Bill within 30 days of his receipt of same, a Joint Sitting of both Houses of the National Assembly is required. If the Joint Sitting passes the Money Bill by two-thirds majority, the assent of the President is dispensed with and the Money Bill automatically becomes law.
By the provisions of the Fiscal Responsibility Act, w e can only come to the conclusion that the legal framework for budgetary processes in Nigeria allows the National Assembly to exercise the power to alter the budgetary estimates prepared by the Executive, where necessary, as the National Assembly deems fit
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Joejoe12(m): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2017
can you just imagine, Dogoma ans Sariki faulty Prof of Law. Just in Nigeria dont doubt anytin

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by verygudbadguy(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2017
tomakint:

End of discussion my brother. I hope I am permitted to lift this? Succinctly put. This is likely going to be this spoilt brat (Saraki) downfall. Saraki is a pure and dirty, arrogant rogue.

Lol. Sure you are.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by tomakint: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Lol. Sure you are.
Thanks pal.....I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by verygudbadguy(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2017
tomakint:

Thanks pal.....I really appreciate.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 16, 2017
magoo10:
this is the worst govt nigeria have had in recent times.confusion everywhere ,I wonder where they are headed,to the rock I presume
This is where they're headed....

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by magoo10(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2017
Jolar101:

This is where they're headed....
lols,they are being led by a blind man cum Almighty dullard

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2017
binsanni:
this is the kind of thing that normally happen when u have a dumb person as the head of the country.. infact na all of them the sick self.
wishing them quick reovery

Any Nigerian that voted for any of these criminals both at the the federal and state level are also sick and should also be patients in various hospitals receiving treatments for stupidity since this is a reoccurring disease that plagues them every election period in Nigeria that makes them vote in retards and certified career criminals to lead over them.

Same story each year.

1 Like

Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 16, 2017
magoo10:
By the provisions of the Fiscal Responsibility Act, w e can only come to the conclusion that the legal framework for budgetary processes in Nigeria allows the National Assembly to exercise the power to alter the budgetary estimates prepared by the Executive, where necessary, as the National Assembly deems fit.
Thanks for this clarification. But for whose interests?
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by nnaemmy(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2017
Another Paded Budget of Immorality.
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by magoo10(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2017
Jolar101:

Thanks for this clarification. But for whose interests?
You are welcome bro ,it is for the interest of the populace,they are acting as a check to the executive excesses and recklessness with regards to funds and its usage .
Re: "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara by tomakint: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2017
I can't believe that Gbawe suddenly went missing. A diehard "Buhari" Sai Baba chanter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year / Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today / Ondo Election: There Is Gang Up Against Us – APC Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.