Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

How Customs And Nipost Officials Kill Small Businesses In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Customs And Nipost Officials Kill Small Businesses In Nigeria (631 Views)

FIRS, NIPOST Battle Over Control Of Stamp Duties Funds / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story! / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Customs And Nipost Officials Kill Small Businesses In Nigeria by desmond2pk: 6:07am On Jun 16, 2017
I deal on auto parts and I specialize on car keys.
Recently I bought some keys from US. Mainly Honda keys, Old Toyota keys, Ford keys and others. The costs of the keys are still on the online website that I bought the keys which I will attach some of them here. some of the keys were supplied by a friend who apply the same trade in Chicago United States and we agreed that I would pay him $480, equivalent to N166,500 after I have sold the keys.
On 7th of this month, a lady called me from Mushin post office that my parcel arrived and I should come with N281,000 to claim my parcel. I asked her why I should pay N281,000 for a parcel that I used to pay N1,500, she told me that she doesn't know because the charges is from customs. She referred me to Shomolu post office. Because I was In Abuja, I had to send a letter of authorization to my wife to go there on my behalf and act on my behalf. When she got there, she was advised to write a letter of reassessment to the custom officers that did the first assessment. She wrote the letter and submitted it to the manager at shomolu post office.
We expected something positive because I strongly believe that the charges was given in error. The officers wrongly assumed that I was a car importer and the keys belonged to cars I imported. Because I can't see any reason anybody can charge me N281,000 on a parcel that is not more than 3 kg. Some of the keys are not worth more that N5,000 in our ladipo MARKET.
Right now the parcel is with them at the post office. I do not have the numbers of the custom officers but I sure have the number of the manager shomolu post office. I believe through her you can get in touch with the custom officers who billed me N281,000 for a parcel of keys that are not up to $500.
I can be reached on this phone numbers. 08137606444 or 08146282886.
Below are some of the keys and their prices from the online shop I bought them.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Desmond. I
Shop 42, 169 Ladipo street Mushin. Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Customs And Nipost Officials Kill Small Businesses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 16, 2017
They are the reason that Evans said he went into kidnapping.

2 Likes

Re: How Customs And Nipost Officials Kill Small Businesses In Nigeria by hisgrace090: 6:38am On Jun 16, 2017
They are over milking the poor man daily in Nigeria.
We are too greedy.
Re: How Customs And Nipost Officials Kill Small Businesses In Nigeria by Heromaniaa: 6:55am On Jun 16, 2017
There won't be such exploitation in Biafr....
Re: How Customs And Nipost Officials Kill Small Businesses In Nigeria by Opistorincos(m): 6:59am On Jun 16, 2017
These guys are always trying to 'kill' upcoming business men

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need An Investor / Wholesale Alert On Ladies Hand Bags. ( Ranging 1950naira - 2900naira / Diamond Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.