Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,277 members, 7,957,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

How To Re-Install Windows With An External DVD Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Re-Install Windows With An External DVD Drive (1723 Views)

Download The Latest Bluestack 2 For Windows With New Features / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / Can My Wireless Keyboard Work With My Pc Without Using An External Receiver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Re-Install Windows With An External DVD Drive by saddik(m): 11:23am On Feb 02, 2007
I have a Toshiba satellite 2455 laptop,

The DVD drive is bad, so i use an external DVD drive,

Finally, my OS is corrupt and i need to install it again, but windows can not detect my external Drive,

What do i do to install windows?
Re: How To Re-Install Windows With An External DVD Drive by ishmael(m): 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2007
Take it to a Laptop/PC Technician.
Re: How To Re-Install Windows With An External DVD Drive by kdships(m): 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2007
Check your BIOS and cable. Then reboot.
Re: How To Re-Install Windows With An External DVD Drive by kdships(m): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2007
Can you access the BIOS? Try to see that the drive is detected there. Anyone of these keys will take you to setup(BIOS)- F12, F8, Del. Or carefully watch the screen as your PC boots and you will see the command that will take you there. It usually comes in a flash so watch carefully as it boots.

When you get to the BIOS just read the instructions carefully and you will find your way. If the drive is not detected. Check the cable. Then try rebooting. Check again if it's detected. If this does not work I'd advice you to take it to a PC tech guy. Your drive might be bad.
Re: How To Re-Install Windows With An External DVD Drive by muyibaba(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2007
what you do is
1.enter BIOS setup by pressing either f2.it depends on system but you will the instruction on how to enter setup while the system is coming up
2.check the settings in setup and enable USB legacy device
3.in the boot order set the first boot device to usb legacy device
this should work if not bring it to me provided it is not a spiritual problem the laptop is having grin

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop De Die Small Small Abeg Help A Bro! / How 2 Configure Laptop Using Phone As Modem / No Network Adapter In My Network Places

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.