Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

No Network Adapter In My Network Places - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / No Network Adapter In My Network Places (1699 Views)

FIX "You Must Install And Enable Network Adapter" Error In Windows / Airtel Modem Showing No Network Signal / I Can't Access My Ftp Server Outside My Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Network Adapter In My Network Places by zogo(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2010
Somebody pls help me., my mini laptop notebook size was formated with Xp before it got to me. it was later i noticed that the network adapter is not showing in my network places, hence i cant use it to browse the internet. I am thinking of reformatting it again, do u think that will do? pls ur contributions. Thanks.
Re: No Network Adapter In My Network Places by afrobaby(f): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
First, check ur device manager n see if the driver for the network adapter is dia, then, we will know what next to do
it is not everytime you experience a problem with ur system that u have to format,
Re: No Network Adapter In My Network Places by VALIDATOR: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2010
the most likely cause of your problem is that the new operating system did not automatically install the drivers for some hardwares including your network adapter.

Solution,
1 use the device manager to confirm the above-
2 Use another computer to go to the website of the manufacturer of your computer and download the driver(s) you need for the network adapter and any other ones you need e.g audio,vga,etc.It is FREE
3Copy the driver that you downloaded to your computer via flash drive.
4 Install it on your computer

I hope it helps.
Re: No Network Adapter In My Network Places by zogo(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2010
afrobaby:

First, check your device manager n see if the driver for the network adapter is dia, then, we will know what next to do
it is not everytime you experience a problem with your system that u have to format,

@ Afrobaby, i agree with you. i think i checked the device manager, the ethernet controler there & VGA adpter were showing yelowish color. wats the meaning of that?

@ Validator, pls how do i know the exact network driver i need for the mini notepad laptop?
Tenx
Re: No Network Adapter In My Network Places by Kaybaba5(m): 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
just check the website of your laptop maker and search for the drivers with your laptop model number
drivers will be given in respect to your model, so just download and install but make sure download the one that is compatible with your window either vista or xp. good luck
Re: No Network Adapter In My Network Places by clicktech(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
The yellowish color shows that the drivers are either not installed or needs repair.

Best solution is get an original device driver for your Mini and install. On the alternative, take it to a very competent engineer to help you fix it. I would not sell the idea of downloading drivers from the net if u don't know where to look, you might be downloading and installing virus.

Be careful
Re: No Network Adapter In My Network Places by VALIDATOR: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2010
zogo:

@ Afrobaby, i agree with you. i think i checked the device manager, the ethernet controler there & VGA adpter were showing yelowish color. wats the meaning of that?

@ Validator, pls how do i know the exact network driver i need for the mini notepad laptop?
Tenx

VALIDATOR:

the most likely cause of your problem is that the new operating system did not automatically install the drivers for some hardwares including your network adapter.

Solution,
1 use the device manager to confirm the above-
2 Use another computer to go to the website of the manufacturer of your computer and download the driver(s) you need for the network adapter and any other ones you need e.g audio,vga,etc.It is FREE
3Copy the driver that you downloaded to your computer via flash drive.
4 Install it on your computer

I hope it helps.

Once on the website of your computer's manufacturer,look for the driver downloads page and then look for your particular desktop/laptop and the operating system you have installed on it.It's very EASY and FREE.

(1) (Reply)

Data Recovery / Compter Repair / How Can I View .rar Files / How 2 Configure Laptop Using Phone As Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.