Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! (1726 Views)

Could This Be An Unbalanced Driveshaft Issue? / My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! / Help Needed- Toyota 2004 4runner Driveshaft And Xreas Shock Absorber Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by bomb: 11:18am On Jun 16, 2017
Good day All. My driveshaft (the cup shaft that enters into the gear) keeps pulling out of the gear on motion. It has damaged the gear axle(bevul) which I have changed. Pls any idea what's wrong and solutions ! Car is a peugeot 607 4plugs engine.
Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by w808: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2017
The curse is 4rm ur engin setting
Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by bomb: 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pls enlighnten me more on what to do
Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
Buy ONLY Bmw, Benz & Audi - una no go hear grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
bomb:
Good day All. My driveshaft (the cup shaft that enters into the gear) keeps pulling out of the gear on motion. It has damaged the gear axle(bevul) which I have changed. Pls any idea what's wrong and solutions ! Car is a peugeot 607 4plugs engine.

I suspect that your suspension system on the side that she shaft pulls out of has been compromised by a wayward pothole.

There's a critical measurement between the transmission and the suspension that helps hold the shaft in place.

Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by deribigbe(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2017
The solution is very easy, the cup has worn out on the head that key into the third gear it just needs to be replaced
Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Zoharariel:
Buy ONLY Bmw, Benz & Audi - una no go hear grin cheesy grin
what of Volkswagen?
Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by sultaan(m): 2:23am On Jun 21, 2017
bomb:

The reason you have not had much success with response is you called it drive shaft which is the part that goes from the transmission or transfer case to the axles a CV axle has the cup and both CV joint going from transmission to the front wheels.

If your wheel axle keeps pulling out it is because the threads on the shaft are ruined or they are not torqued to spec missing cotter pin or even the possibility that they installed the wrong one in the first place

1 Like

Re: My Driveshaft Pulls Out Frequently! by bomb: 1:23am On Jun 27, 2017
Thanks Guys! Really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Prices Of Tokunbo Cars In Nigeria (2018) / Kano People Why? / In A Situation Like This, What Would Be Your Honest Reaction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.