Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos (7902 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / What Is Nipss/kuru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by darqly(m): 2:47am On Jan 25, 2010
One poster above remarked that this is proof that northern muslims are not the instigators? Lol. Its just that the news agencies have stumbled upon this scoop and decided to make it their headlines. Tragedy started when a church was set ablaze with worshippers INSIDE last sunday and whodunnit? Muslim youths that were PROTESTING. This is the result of an ill-advised,evil and planned protest. How come no one mentions the poor souls hacked to death for going to morning mass? The day christians decide to wake up on a sunday and kebab muslims is the day pigs will fly- just won't happen. Cheap propaganda.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Outstrip(f): 4:04am On Jan 25, 2010
I am angry. I have been so angry at Nigeria for a while that sometimes I feel like I need some sort of therapy to deal with my feelings towards Nigeria. I am frustrated and feel lost and helpless. Look at that poor man. Wife dead and children still missing and the government does nothing. The fact that 400 people died before help came in it self is crazy. How long can we continue like this. This is what I have decided. I will face my little corner of Nigeria and encourage everyone else to do the same. I think if we all start from our little corners and build it and cherish it then things will start to fall into place. If I decide to start figuring the whole thing out I will go crazy. Find out what you can do for your neighborhood. Your local government even if it is just your street. We obviously know by now that we cannot depend on Aso Rock
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by MeAboki(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2010
darqly:

One poster above remarked that this is proof that northern muslims are not the instigators? Lol. Its just that the news agencies have stumbled upon this scoop and decided to make it their headlines. Tragedy started when a church was set ablaze with worshippers INSIDE last sunday and whodunnit? Muslim youths that were PROTESTING. This is the result of an ill-advised,evil and planned protest. How come no one mentions the poor souls hacked to death for going to morning mass? The day christians decide to wake up on a sunday and kebab muslims is the day pigs will fly- just won't happen. Cheap propaganda.

Incorrect
Recent crisis was sparked off by christian youths who prevented the rebuilding of a muslim house, destroyed in the previous crisis of 2008, because they deemed the house to be located in(their own)christian area. The youths therefore proceeded to attack and kill some of the labourers involved(incidently not all the labourers were muslims, a few were their christian brothers). This very incidence led to the the ensuing retaliation and counter retaliations on both sides; resulting in the latest crisis.
In short the crisis began because christians attacked muslims first. Yes, some haters would not like it but the truth must be said.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by muhsin(m): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2010
Me_Aboki:

Incorrect
Recent crisis was sparked off by christian youths who prevented the rebuilding of a muslim house, destroyed in the previous crisis of 2008, because they deemed the house to be located in(their own)christian area. The youths therefore proceeded to attack and kill some of the labourers involved(incidently not all the labourers were muslims, a few were their christian brothers). This very incidence led to the the ensuing retaliation and counter retaliations on both sides; resulting in the latest crisis.
In short the crisis began because christians attacked muslims first. Yes, some haters would not like it but the truth must be said.

Thats what every objective media reported. But I wonder how shamelessly our Christian brethren aboard NL refuse the fact.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by DatNiggaAk(m): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2010
me aboki,
that incident wasn't what sparked it off because the alhaji later back with soldiers.
it started on sunday when some hausa youths were playing ball near a church.
the church ushers came out and told them to stop that they could continue after the church service.
the hausa/muslim youths left only to regroup with arms and attack the christains who had closed and were leaving the church.
it all started from there.
al jazeera is an islamic news channels and is always pro islam
when the fight started, they said nothing about it.
when they had access to the killing in kuru, they over played it making it sound as if the christains were the aggressors.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by otawa: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2010
I am angry. I have been so angry at Nigeria for a while that sometimes I feel like I need some sort of therapy to deal with my feelings towards Nigeria.

thats positive, what will you now do against this?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by muhsin(m): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2010
DatNiggaAk:

]me aboki,
that incident wasn't what sparked it off because the alhaji later back with soldiers.
it started on sunday when some hausa youths were playing ball near a church.
the church ushers came out and told them to stop that they could continue after the church service.
the hausa/muslim youths left only to regroup with arms and attack the christains who had closed and were leaving the church.
it all started from there.
al jazeera is an islamic news channels and is always pro islam
when the fight started, they said nothing about it.
when they had access to the killing in kuru, they over played it making it sound as if the christains were the aggressors.

Don't be that unfair to them, please. Its not only Al-Jazeera that reported other then what you claimed instigated the conflict. And hwoever read, listen news know this fact.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by BOMBBLAST: 2:43pm On Jan 25, 2010
WHY CAN'T WE TOLERATE EACH OTHER IN NIGERIA

FRUSTRATION RATE IS SHOOTING HIGH EVERYDAY
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Mariory(m): 3:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
This has been happening for years. See links below for a history of violence

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE56T4W020090730
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/country_profiles/1067695.stm

=============================================================
November 2002 - Nigeria decides to abandon the Miss World contest in Abuja. At least 215 people die in rioting in the northern city of Kaduna following a newspaper article suggesting the Prophet Mohammad would probably have married one of the Miss World beauty queens if he were alive today.

May 2004 - Hundreds of people, mostly Muslim Fulanis, are killed by Christian Tarok militia in the central Nigerian town of Yelwa. Survivors say they buried 630 corpses. Police say hundreds were killed.

February 2006 - A week of rioting by Muslim and Christian mobs claims at least 157 lives. The violence begins in the northeastern city of Maiduguri, when a Muslim protest against Danish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad runs out of control. Revenge attacks follow in the south.

February 2009 - The governor of Bauchi state imposes a night-time curfew on Bauchi city on February 22, a day after clashes kill at least 11 people. At least 28 people were seriously wounded and several houses, churches and mosques burned down.
===============================================================

I have highlighted some of the violence above. In each of these cases, what did the government do to make the instigators of the violence face justice? Nothing! Little wonder that people keep thinking they will get away with it. Until the government starts bringing the people behind the violence to book it will keep happening.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by bibiking1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2010
This is terrible!
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by trenchcoat: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2010
darqly:

hmmm, arnen banza.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by honsule(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
trenchcoat:

hmmm, arnen banza.

why calling ur fellow Nairalander names?Too bad.this is how it starts. grin grin grin
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Uche2nna(m): 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2010
trenchcoat:

hmmm, arnen banza.

Yeah, kill all them arnens. Dan isika
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by 4peace(m): 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by tychee69(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2010
I feel ashamed when I hear our northern 'brothers' act and behave so savagely. It makes me wonder y r we r one nation. Because almost 50 years of being neighbours have not been able to tolerate each other. How can a poster who is educated (I guess) say ' kill all arenan(infidels) on a forum? It shows the animalistic and savage tendencies that runs thru the veins of our northern neighbours. I only blame the stupid selfish british for creating this apology of a country.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by rasputinn(m): 12:05am On Jan 26, 2010
Hmmmmmm
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by debeginin(m): 1:16am On Jan 26, 2010
Northern Muslims are terrorist.They attacked christians worshipping in the Church first and christians retaliated simple.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by debeginin(m): 1:22am On Jan 26, 2010
trenchcoat:

hmmm, arnen banza.
Absolutely true.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by 1Emmy: 2:08am On Jan 26, 2010
These useless blood thirsty northerners dont reason at all. why do you like rioting and killing of innocent people. what kind of religion are you practicing, you take killing as a holy thing. you will never escape d wrath of God. why dont you realise we have thousands of muslems in east, how many hav ever been mosleted not to talk of cold blood murdering. you kill students, corpers, pregnant women, innocent & harmless christians and no authority penalises you. I pray that day of christians liberation should approach faster, so dat u may start kiling yourselves. lack of parental care and education is dangerous. why is it dat fools are thinkless just like cows?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Obalende: 3:51am On Jan 26, 2010
nigerians are savages - myself and all enlightened ppl excluded. period.

aljazerra showed a charred 5 month old baby - SAVAGES!

as always, many will reject the truth.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by harakiri(m): 4:12am On Jan 26, 2010
Guess some Abokis have the nerve to come on here and talk crap.Do southerners really need the north?I mean seriously, do we really need them?They are nothing but parasites who have no contributions whatsoever to the general development of this country and yet. . . .

They loot oil money that isn't theirs and have the guts to use part of that money to fund terrorist groups in their states all in the name of religion.These terrorists hack and kill innocent southerners at the drop of a pin.When will southerners wake up and smell the cow dung around them?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by zubeyr(m): 4:27am On Jan 26, 2010
I dont think an innoncent should die or lose his proprety whatever christian or muslim .
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by harakiri(m): 4:29am On Jan 26, 2010
zubeyr:

I dont think an innoncent should die or lose his proprety whatever christian or muslim .

Do you really believe Christians in the north would actually attack the moslems? If they ever resort to violence, it's in self defense.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by harakiri(m): 4:34am On Jan 26, 2010
trenchcoat:

hmmm, arnen banza.

Don't worry.The prediction that Nigeria will soon break up by 2015 will soon come to pass.Soon there will be no more oil for your leaders to steal and they will abandon all of you and travel overseas to enjoy their stolen wealth,live in their mansions and drive their Maybach/Rolls Royce/Bentleys/Lamborghini reventon!

Then there will be no more southerners to kill and you animals will slaughter your Imams in the name of Allah! Don't worry.We are getting there.Nigeria is really "progressing" towards that stage.

Cows!
Nama! !
Animals! ! !
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by zubeyr(m): 4:43am On Jan 26, 2010
Maybe it would be peace when muslims women stop going to hajj and coming back dating christians men .
The problem of northerners is their hypocracy that maybe why Allah keep punishing them .
Islam is not only about hajj,fasting and polygamy like most of them think .
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by harakiri(m): 4:56am On Jan 26, 2010
zubeyr:

Maybe it would be peace when muslims women stop going to hajj and coming back dating christians men .
The problem of northerners is their hypocracy that maybe why Allah keep punishing them .
Islam is not only about hajj,fasting and polygamy like most of them think .

Doesn't matter what Islam,Christianity,Judaism or any other religion represents.The thing is, religion is a very powerful tool in manipulating people.Look at Al-Qaeda members.You will see a boy of 16 years who hasn't enjoyed what life has to offer willing to blow himself up in the name of Allah.Mind you, the sponsors are wealthy individuals who live large from their opium profits and kick backs from CIA funding "terrorist cells" (this is a topic for another thread).

How about Christians?You will see a man with a wife and 4 children handing over his first salary of the year to his "pastor" all in the name of tithes! Meanwhile, his family suffers and sometimes starves will Oga Pastor A.K.A CEO walks into Coscharis and orders for the latest BMW 7 series or sometimes when business is good, he orders for a private jet to show people what "the lord has done".

Arrant nonsense! ! !

How many person wan yan about? I don't have the strength to talk extensively on this so i'll end it here.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by larimo(m): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2010
The truth is that politicians are using religion as a means of instigating violence. Its all about resources and power control. I have lived abroad with other Nigerians who are doing well and the issues on tribe and religion are largely suppressed and hardly mentioned. Its about fixing Nigeria properly and all these will stop.

That said, I employ my muslim compatriots to be more tolerant. Why? These things don't happen in the Christian-dominated southern Nigeria. When it did happen, it was in retaliation.

Nigeria will remain a secular state. Today, we cant be Israel or Saudi Arabia except we split, so we need to be very tolerant with one another.

May God help us. May all those who have sown evil, sorrow, hatred and pain, be mightily punished by God if they do not repent. Justice must prevail.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 7:13am On Jan 26, 2010
@harakiri, very true words you've spoken there about Nigerian "pastors". But the difference is that the man's children will still go to school and he'll feedh clothe and nurture them till they finish their education while his hausa counterparts children(numbering about 14) will grow up on the streets without education or their parents guidance.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by babylishus: 9:01am On Jan 26, 2010
Oh dear, we've started with the name calling again. Yeesh man, I do agree with Outstrip and Mariory. I think they have written the most objective posts so far (as opposed to, ahem, Cows, nama, goats, arnen banza, idiots, etc). Why must every nairaland post to do with ethno religious topics degenerate into a free for all fight?

The truth is there was mayhem, chaos and destruction on both sides. No side will agree as to what actually caused the riot but they certainly carried it along, no doubt. Man is capable of violence, regardless of his religion (don't believe me, ask the Hindus and Buddhists in India).

The problem wih Naija is that while we sit here and insult each other and argue like foolish little childrenthe REAL perpetrators almost ALWAYS get away scot free, free to unleashe mayhem another day. The day when people will be held accountable and punished for crimes against their fellow Nigerians (and I dont care whther the instigator is some Alhaji from Kano or Igwe from Anambra) is the day when things will start to get right. We're not asking the right questions?

WHERE did people get arms to fight?
WHERE did they get fake army uniforms in such great quantity?
HOW were attacks launched in such a planned way?
WHERE was the government when people were getting hacked and burned to death?
HOW could the police and army allow a 'dispute' over land escalate tot he point where hundreds of people died?

THOSE are the questions we should be asking here, not bandying extremely foolish (and quite frankly unoriginal) insults about.

May I remind you, my dear people, that there is no 'real'religion in the upper echelons and corridors of power? When THEY get up there they abandon their beliefs and serve their real god- money. Don't think so? Then how come all the Naija money looted goes to them, be they southerners or northerners? What's the difference between a Northern thief and a Southern thief? Truly, whats the difference? They leave us to slice ourselves up while they chill out in their palatial homes in Dubai and London! See them in all our soft sell mags, with their wives dripping in gold and diamonds (with or without viel, doesn't matter) as they laugh with their double chins in babanriga and agbada and Chief at some party!

That's the bigger picture here, people. I am disappointed that as adults (some of us surprisingly older than others here and I can bet I'm younger of you here) we have degenerated into some grade school fight! Let's handle this with maturity and behave like grown ups, shall we? Yeesh, frickin' 'Lion of Africa' indeed, and we have the nerve to laugh at Niger, Togo and Cameroon. What a disgrace.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by babylishus: 9:03am On Jan 26, 2010
Oh and I'm so sorry for the typos, the spelling errors. Not like me at all. grin
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 26, 2010
This is similar to what started the rwanda genocide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista / Photo of Bukola Saraki, Fadhilat Sheikh Suleman Faruq At Tafsirul Quran / Ohanaeze: Overwhelming Majority Of Igbo Don’t Believe In Sucession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.