Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

OGD: Bankole Is A Curse To Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OGD: Bankole Is A Curse To Ogun State (1268 Views)

Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun / Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / OGD Banned To Hold Political Office For Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OGD: Bankole Is A Curse To Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 8:06am On Jan 24, 2010
OGD hits Bankole:‘He’s a curse to Ogun’
Posted To The Web: Saturday, January 23, 2010 - Moshood Adebayo

Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, yesterday, took a swipe at Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, describing him as a curse to his home state, Ogun.

Daniel, who spoke at the inauguration of a new chairman of the state Elders Forum, Chief Okanlawon Soboyede, also lampooned the former Minister of State for Finance, Chief Jubril Martins Kuye, and some other leaders whom he described as greedy people that were only interested in lining their pockets.
The governor, who addressed party faithful and his supporters, also blamed other leaders, including Chief Sule Onabiyi, as those behind the intractable crisis rocking the party in the state.

His words: “I don’t want anybody to have any misgiving about where I stand on this issue. He (Dimeji) was one of the people I went out of my way to develop as a young man. I went round to plead his case when he became the Speaker because the seat was zoned to Osun and the National Vice Chairman to Ogun.
“I went to plead with my brother governor in Osun that we were not working against their state that the thing had been given to us. So we asked Chief Soboyede, who was tipped for the Vice Chairman to step down and pleaded with Governor Oyinlola to accept him.

“Speaker Dimeji Bankole may have been a blessing to his own personal interest and pocket, but he has been a curse to Ogun State. He may have benefited his family, his pocket, but he has added more trouble to this state with his speakership.”

Continuing, Daniel said: “I don’t want anybody to have any misgiving as to where I am standing in this matter. It has nothing to do with tribal consideration. Bankole was one of the people that I went out of my way to develop because I like young people.”

“All the programmes slated for Ogun are being scuttled by our people in Abuja. Ministers tell me that there are people that tell them that things should not be brought to Ogun. They are the people working against us our taking the bond. I don’t want anybody to be under any illusion about the current situation in the state.”
Daniel, who spoke in the presence of his Osun counterpart, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, was also furious about the former Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Sarafa Tunji Isola.
“For four years, Sarafa was my SSG during which period I protected him, stood by him and assisted him. How can you now turn around to say they love Egbaland. I schooled in Egbaland and drank the water from the Ogun River. They do not love Egbaland more than I do.

“Kuye does not like Egbaland as I do. Kuye loves his own pocket and Kuye insisted that Sarafa must be governor
. And I said If Sarafa wants to become governor, he was my secretary for four years during which period I looked after him; during which period I protected his interest; during which period people of Abeokuta North were fighting against him and I stood for him; during which period the Egba people did not want him and I stood by him.”

“The challenge of Dimeji is the challenge of his father. We have spoken to people to talk to his father. But because of greed and their pockets, they have been unable to do it. I am the governor and people cannot tell you the truth.

“We are now in the election year. Those who want to stay should stand firm and those who want to leave can do so. We lack the capacity to say the truth and nobody should tell you nonsense. Baba (Olusegun) Obasanjo is with us. I have right to quarrel with Obasanjo; it is not their business, and when I settle with him, it is not their business.”

He added that Bankole and the others were plotting to destabilize the party.
“The signal I have is scary. Their ambition is to destroy the party and leave. I am aware of the meetings and I know those they are meeting with. Do not say anybody because of their big names cannot go to Action Congress. They are not working for PDP; don’t be deceived.”

Daniel also ordered a member of the Ogun State Property and Investment Corporation (OPIC) Board, Captain Borokin, out of the meeting, saying he had been working against the party and refused to apologise.
Reacting to Daniel’s tirade, Bankole said he would rather not join issues with the Ogun governor but leave him to his own fate.
Bankole, who responded through his Special Adviser (Communication), Chief Kayode Odunaro, in a statement, said: “We do not believe that the governor of Ogun State will say that the Speaker of the House of Representatives is a curse to (the) state. In any case, the Speaker will not stoop low to join issues with the governor and would prefer to maintain his dignified silence, which has been his practise these last two years in relation to the numerous problems the governor is having with many people in the party and in the state government.
“The governor is advised to present his problems to the National Executive Council of the PDP for possible solution.”

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=13757&z=12
Re: OGD: Bankole Is A Curse To Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2010
The criminals are eating themselves.
Re: OGD: Bankole Is A Curse To Ogun State by naijatoday: 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2010
And OGB and his rituals, are the ones that have been a blessing to the people of Ogun State?
Re: OGD: Bankole Is A Curse To Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2010
naijatoday:

And OGB and his rituals, are the ones that have been a blessing to the people of Ogun State?

Does he do rituals?. All I know that he is a looter and I don't give a sh/t how many babalawos he visits, all we need is good governance.
Re: OGD: Bankole Is A Curse To Ogun State by Jaybee2412(m): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2010
Area boys politics

(1) (Reply)

Kwam 1 For Federal House Of Reps As Fashola And Tinubu End Feud / Sgf Yayale Ahmed Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Us Again! / Presents Election Results At A Glance As Announced By Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.