Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited (55111 Views)

Coronavirus: WHO Lists Nigeria, 12 Others As Top-risk African Nations / Warning- Death Due To Smoking Is Also SUICIDE!!! This Is Why. / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Pengician(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Haba! church kwanu? mosque nko?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Franzinni: 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
I thought they will include African shrine ehn!!!

I for provoke!!!!
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by dee02(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
Fantastic.
I hope it is strongly enforced to ensure compliance cheesy
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Praissey: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
They didn't put petrol stations. SMH undecided

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by uboma(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
raphafire:

And these non smokers are at risk of inhaling toxic substances from cigarette which is very harmful....

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by chukadiho1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
This people will just wake up and change things like no man business... They should get ready to implement it. Wayo ppl

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by akpamfet: 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
This country is has the biggest jokers on planet earth. How does the ban affect the Nigerian economy...Pls can someone tell me?... undecided
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Goodnuel: 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
That stadia part, no let my obiagu boys catch you ooo... Their stand is for smoking..
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Philinho(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
They should've showed us 9 areas they've transformed rather

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by 0ntruth: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
Papiikush:
Smoking is now illegal in a bar?
Of this is true then the country is a joke
Maybe some bars that are attached to some restaurants ?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Franchise21(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
Bar?? shocked
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by francisbiz: 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Them wan even make laws to kill the joys of the common man
No, you can smoke your chimney in your house; who cares!
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by iamdannyfc(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
Issokay

Are you really writing neco,gce or waec,jamb this coming one? Pls come to http://onlysage.tk so we can learn by answering and questioning ourself.... Dont get stucked with nairaland.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by francisbiz: 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
Franchise21:
Bar?? shocked
Na only this one surprise me.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
In the U. S people don't smoke inside the bars. They step outside to smoke which should be the right thing to do except the bar is an open air bar. You don't want to smoke and disturb other people because ure not the only person in the bar. To enforce it they don't need to arrest anybody. Just enforce bars put no smoking signs in the sitting areas and entrance and close down bars that don't comply. The bars will enforce it themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by BoboKush(m): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
247frolicboss:
The Federal Government, through the Ministry of Health, has launched a campaign to ban smoking in 9 public places across the country.

In a communiqué, the ministry said according to Section 9 of the Nigeria Tobacco Control Act 2015, once convicted, offenders are liable to a fine of at least N50, 000 and/or six months’ imprisonment.

Tagged the Clean Air Campaign, the ministry said the law would henceforth be taken seriously in a bid to protect and promote the citizens’ right to health, life, physical integrity and safety.

To carry out the campaign successfully, the ministry also said it was being supported by the Cancer Society of Nigeria, World Health Organisation, ONE Campaign, Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, Civil Society Organisations and the Tobacco Free Kids based in Washington DC, United States.

Public places where smoking is prohibited by law in Nigeria include:

- child care facilities

- educational facilities

- health care facilities

- playgrounds/amusement parks

- public parks (gardens)

- stadia

- restaurants/bars

- public transportation parks and

- Plazas.

“The Federal Ministry of Health is committed to the fight to ensure a tobacco-free Nigeria, and will in the weeks and months ahead actively collaborate with law enforcement agencies to ensure enforcement of the Act, and with the National Assembly to ensure that necessary supporting regulation is passed.”

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/06/federal-government-lists-9-places-where.html

Restaurant / bar.... What of club too na... . Stupid people
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by toprealman: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
Papiikush:
Smoking is now illegal in a bar?
Of this is true then the country is a joke
In civilized societies, yes, it is FORBIDDEN! I'm sure you still can't believe how the world outside yours is advancing. Keep enjoying Bobrisky, Evans, Davido, lalastic snake dreams.....
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by 0b100100111: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
Make dem kukuma kill us!
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
Story for the gods. Motor park is the last place smoking will be banned. Agboro boys will break your head.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Austinoiz(m): 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
MediumStout:
If i can't smoke inna the bar where else should we smoke? Inside bus or for church? Misplaced priorities

Most idiots condemning smokers on this thread won't hesitate to apply if BAT advertises vacancies. They condemn smoking but wish to earn decent salaries from working in a tobacco manufacturing company. Hypocrites

Bros, see the speed with which you ran to defend yourself from a condemnation nobody has passed on you.
Chaiii! Conscience is really divine.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Franchise21(m): 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
francisbiz:
Na only this one surprise me.
I dey tells u... where person wan kush again?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by tripoli007(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
I smoke my Arizona anywhere ,anytime ,any day no be for this Naija .. Abeggy
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by muriunited(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
Smoke in your house before going out.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Olayinka777(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
eastsidechillz:

The only Gud news in a while

I hate everything cigarette
The smokers abuse it as if they don't care about others
You are absolutely right bro!

Used to be one.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by jaymdee(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
This is a welcome development. I'm not against smoking /smokers but since we have non-smokers around, it makes much sense to have designated smoking places. In the case of a bar, a smoking room is usually allocated to smoking so non-smokers can be comfortable. Nigeria will be better healthier in the later years if this is enforced. Let's care for the environment.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by dabossman(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
MediumStout:
If i can't smoke inna the bar where else should we smoke? Inside bus or for church? Misplaced priorities

Most idiots condemning smokers on this thread won't hesitate to apply if BAT advertises vacancies. They condemn smoking but wish to earn decent salaries from working in a tobacco manufacturing company. Hypocrites

And I'm sure you would gladly want to live in the UK or some other European countries where this ban on public smoking has been in place for years now. Or you think you can just walk into any bar in the UK and light a cigarette?

So many ignorant posts here. Your choice to endanger your health by smoking does not supercede that of nonsmokers. You should respect their rights and their healthy choices. The polite thing to do when you're around people who you are not sure if they smoke, is to ask if they don't mind if you light up. That's how to be civil. But Naija smokers, no way. That's how some dudes started smoking while on an ATM queue. Such crass behavior. Yet they want Nigeria to be like foreign countries. Who are the real hypocrites?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by MediumStout(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
dabossman:

And I'm sure you would gladly want to live in the UK or some other European countries where this ban on public smoking has been in place for years now. Or you think you can just walk into any bar in the UK and light a cigarette?

So many ignorant posts here. Your choice to endanger your health by smoking does not supercede that of nonsmokers. You should respect their rights and their healthy choices. The polite thing to do when you're around people who you are not sure if they smoke, is to ask if they don't mind if you light up. That's how to be civil. But Naija smokers, no way. That's how some dudes started smoking while on an ATM queue. Such crass behavior. Yet they want Nigeria to be like foreign countries. Who are the real hypocrites?

What about road users who drive useless cars emitting high carbons?

Do you consider people who don't like the sound and smoke before putting on your generator?

Hypocrite
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by ubongoton(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
nigeria is still in the 60s formation
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by AkumahTalk(m): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
Inside club nko?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by dinggle: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
Upside down law, they omitted national assembly, govt offices, churches, mosques,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abraham Okodugha: Self Medication Affects UNIPORT Graduate (Graphic Photos) / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) / What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.