Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB (18256 Views)

100 Possible Questions From Jamb Sweet Sixteen / 5 Easy Ways To Be A 1st Class Student / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by Fmartin(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2017
op ijmb too dey follow expire?
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by tonitenic: 9:58am On Jun 18, 2017
atop1:
Not all aspirants that sit for JAMB passes it and as a matter of fact, not all aspirants that pass JAMB will gain admission into the university that particular year. If a student fails JAMB, he/she is forced to sit back at home to retake the examination the later year. Imagine that the aspirant, unfortunately, fails JAMB again; he/she will get discouraged from pursuing his/her goals and ambition in the university. Many dreams have been killed, many future ambitions have been aborted and many hopes have been lost as a result of this consistent failure. Most students have lost the sight of other easy ways of gaining admission or they are unaware. Though some of these methods are a little bit expensive than JAMB, they are worth it.
Here are some other ways to gain admission
1. Direct Entry: This is the second most popular mode of entry into the university. This mode of entry projects the aspirant into 200 level or 300 level (if they already completed the first-degree programme) in any university in Nigeria. You are eligible through this mode of entry into the varsity after successfully completing any A’level programmes in Nigeria.
2. Remedial: It is the least common mode of entry into the university. It was introduced to remedy the consistent mass failure usually recorded by students writing JAMB and Post Jamb (before it was rendered obsolete). This background establishes the need for a Pre-Degree programme that would serve as a platform to equip prospective students for university admission, giving them a good head-start and promote superior studentship in the University. In fact, this mode of entry enjoys a high fraction of “admission sharing” among others. This is so because respective institutions host or manages the remedial/pre-degree programs solely. Students are required to choose three subjects in addition to English. The validity of the result is after a year and the admission through this mode of entry get you into 100 level of the university that hosted the program.
3. IJMB: IJMB programme is moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. It is designed to solve problems of admission for candidates seeking admission into the universities.
IJMB examination is conducted in February of every year in designated and accredited institutions, while the result is released within 90 days of the examination for admission processing. To be eligible for the IJMB program, a candidate is required to obtain at least 5 O’level Credits in relevant subjects (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) at no more than two sittings. Awaiting result candidates can also apply. The IJMB program is conducted in accredited study centres across the nation for a period of 8-9 months which is from a period of 2 Semesters. IJMB examination is usually written in the month of February.
4. JUPEB: The Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) is a national examination body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium of ten (10) partnering universities led by the University of Lagos. The JUPEB Advanced Level programme runs for a period of two semesters, after which a successful JUPEB student graduates into 200 level in the University through direct entry. All courses are available for JUPEB programme. Unlike JAMB, the result obtained from JUPEB programme as no validity period (it does not expire). Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB programme must possess a minimum of 5 Credits in relevant O'level subjects from WAEC, NECO or NABTEB in not more than two sittings. Awaiting result can also apply for the JUPEB programme.
5. A’ Level NABTEB: Advanced Level NABTEB is a programme to cater for those who wish to gain admission into Nigerian universities but have not been able to do so through JAMB. NABTEB A Level serves as an alternative route to getting admission into the university without JAMB. Another fascinating thing about this programme is that you can study almost all the courses in Nigerian universities. When you attend lectures in any of the approved NABTEB A’ Level Study centre and passed, you will be able to combine the result with the Direct Entry form and use it to gain admission into 200 level of any university. Although, not all universities accept NABTEB A Level result for now. You can check for the lists of universities accepting NABTEB A’ Level results here: /p8JcaQ-3J
Source: http://mcmarryedu.com.ng/2017/06/17/5-easy-ways-get-…-2017-apart-jamb/

N0 6 India. You can try the Indian university admission; it is very easy,with shorter duration, less expensive.

https://www.nairaland.com/3859384/facts-indian-university-admission-system

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by tonitenic: 10:04am On Jun 18, 2017
N0 6 India. You can try the Indian university admission; it is very easy, with shorter duration, less expensive.

https://www.nairaland.com/3859384/facts-indian-university-admission-system

Don't waste another year at home.The Foreign certificate gives you exposure, quicker employment, and wonderful experience.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by Xerox01(m): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2017
Yabiola26:
Op se you forget that you still need jamb after Remedial
Atall bro, pardon me to say remedial is like writing 'common entrance ' in the university,you take the school personal examination. it also different from post-utme.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by Xerox01(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2017
True talk OP,i wrote JAMB last year having a score of 255 but UNILORIN no look my face atall.I then registered for JUPEB, we just wrote our final Exams on Thursday. The program is great but tougher than JAMB. I wrote JAMB again this year anyways, one cannot put all his eggs in a basket.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by kelvinhilton(m): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2017
durentchigozie:
6. Long Leg AKA (My papa and VC use to be friends): Do you think 70% of your mate that would get admission into their desired course solely on merit? Think again!
Seconded.. That's the most trusted means of getting into the university.
Nigeria is all bout politics.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by charlisco(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2017
Read more here
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by TRUSTHOUSE: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2017
The Chartered Institute of IT(UK) or BCS is the leading professional body in the field of computing and information systems in the world with 60,000 members in over 100 countries. The BCS regulates the IT profession in the UK (including computing and IT related courses in UK universities).

The BCS professional examinations are internationally recognized and the PGD in IT from the BCS (which are offered in Nigeria) is recognized in the UK as being equivalent to a BSc from a UK university and it accepted by UK universities for entry into MSc programs.

There are no basic qualifications required to take the exams.

The exams take place in March and September of each year. There are just three stages. These stages are: Certificate in IT, Diploma in IT and Postgraduate Diploma in IT. Passing these along with a PGD project will give you the equivalent of a BSc in IT or Computing related field from a UK university.

For students who do not wish to follow the program to the Postgraduate stage, the certificate is equivalent to a the first year of a UK university degree and can be used for direct entry to second year in UK. We are able to advise and provide guidance for admission and visa issues.

The official website of the BCS is www.bcs.org. Please visit the website for further information. Also see the website for approved centers in nigeria. Our college, TRUSTHOUSE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE has just been approved. Call Adewale on 08069516873 or College Director on +447466071654.
Thank you.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by GreatHorizon: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
ADDMISSION In PROGRESS!!! PHILIPPINES
APPLY NOW!!!
With low /affordable tution fee.
No need for JAMB ISSUES... No strike.
Worldwide Educational standard recognised
Highest production of competent Nurses.
Admission is On for 2017/2018 !!!
COURSES!
Doctor of Medicine (freasher 6 years , with bsc in any medical courses , 4years)
Doctor of Dental Medicine =6years
Doctor of Optometry
Nigerian RN upgrade to BSN Nursing = 18Months
BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAM
Pharmacy = 4years
Medical Laboratory science=3years/6months
BSN Nursing/Midwifery=4years
Radiology=4years
Physical Therapy=4 years
Chemical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineerin
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering(software / Hardware Engineering)
Computer Science
Biology
Psychology
Criminology
Law
Architecture
Hotel Management
Tourism
Travel Management
Political Science
Business Admin
Mass Communication
Entrepreneurship
Accountancy
Information Technology
English
Nutriution
MASTER PROGRAM
Masters in Public Health
Masters of Art of Nursing
Masters in Public Admin
Masters in Business Admin
Masters of Art of Education
DOCTORATE PROGRAM
Doctor of public addministration .
Doctor of Education
Doctor Of Philosophy
Doctor of Business Admin.
Admission Requirements: ( Bachelor Degree)
1. 5 O'Level credit passes
2. No entrance exam
3 record of transcript (optional)
CONTACT
what'sapp/Call 08094566790 or
Call +63 9270254399

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by wareh(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
BrightEye:

what happens to www​.ijmb.org.ng/ , the official website? Why not allow them to do there job?

IJMB does not have an official website. "ijmb.org.ng" is run by an accredited center. There are many others.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by Yabiola26(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
Xerox01:
Atall bro, pardon me to say remedial is like writing 'common entrance ' in the university,you take the school personal examination. it also different from post-utme.

Well as far as I'm concerned unilorin Remedial needs 180 jamb score before you can be offered admission.. Don't know about other skuls though

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by afolwalex20(m): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ijmb is the best option aside jamb. Its tough? yeah!
We are in a country where harder things are now made easy via runz.. I did it in 2012 where things were still tough but now more people are into it and the rate at which people pass is increasing. With 6points and above admission is now 98% sure..
You can contact me here 09051151706
I'm a product and now a graduate..

That dude that claims Ijmb has an official website is wrong. That site is owned by one of their accredited centers
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by donqx: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
in hospital or where
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by Ijobaorun(m): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nigerians, please rise and react swiftly to this challenge

Hello house, Happy Father's Day. Please, I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to being this topic but I know that the moderator will help me take it to front page. Ladoke Akintola University is about to 'die' if nothing drastic is taking into consideration.
Someone told me today that there are about 30 courses due for accreditation and NUC has shifted the process three times. They have given then last chance to be September, 2017.
If nothing happens then, the school will be back to square one as they will have to start all over. What becomes of the students and the lecturers? I learnt a department is now left with only one lecturer as others have gone to various private institutions.
Ladokites in the house and our well wishers, please rise to this challenge so that the future of the one time best state university in Nigeria will not be in jeopardy.
Do everything in your capacity either prayer, raining fire on her enemies, telling whosoever could be of help, using social media etc to save this great Institution.
Thanks.
O. A. A
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by donbabajeff(m): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
Abeg can someone enlighten me on what the procedure is like when you have an ond and intend doing direct entry into uni.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by Ebi4life: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
If you are based in bayelsa, I can recommend a good foreign university program where you can receive lectures here in bayelsa and be awarded a bsc degree by the university with scholarship awarded to you by an ngo. If you are interested kindly mail me on eofubu@gmail.com or whatsapp 07036739600
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by PharmJohn88(m): 7:39am On Dec 15, 2017
Great post. Very helpful. After remedial, JAMB still needed? Does UNIUYO accept NECO-WAEC combination for Pharmacy? Somebody help!
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB by Talkcentral: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2020
Check through, it's a good article but you can find updated articles below. Check my signature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weird Facts You Ought To Know About Birthdays / Result Not Available For This Candidate For The Specified Year. Waec 2016. / Yahaya Bello Offers Fatima Bombom Sani, Best Law Graduate 33m, Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.