Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks (18453 Views)

Ola-Gbadamosi Ridwan Oladotun, LASU Best Graduating Student Speaks / Samuel Ogunlana: Crawford University Best Graduating Student Speaks / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Aminat508(f): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2017

[img]https://2.bp..com/-UChC5xu7FaQ/WPHHBVAtGFI/AAAAAAAASI4/Ab_UZFCtKuIpC3W1wXIi990EEOyQD94MACLcB/s320/IMG-20170415-WA0004.jpg[/img]
The best graduating student of the Osun State University, Osogbo, Mr. Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni, has disclosed that he sacrificed his social life throughout his undergraduate days in order to come out with the best grades.

Speaking with Amiloaded correspondent at the 6th Convocation ceremony of the university, in Osogbo, Thanni, who studied Civil Engineering, became the cynosure of all eyes at the well-attended event, when he was announced as the best graduating student of the 2016/2017 set with 4.77 Cumulative Grade Point Average.

Thanni, while speaking on his success story, said that he never knew he could be the best student, adding that whenever he got B in any of his courses, he always felt as if he had failed the course.

Advising undergraduates to always go for the best and nothing less, Thanni also urged them to endeavour to sacrifice the fleeting enjoyment of social life, which he said would only distract them from emerging the best.

He said, “First the secret of my success is Almighty Allah. Two, dedication. Three, my family. Four, my colleagues and five, my illustrious lecturers.

“I said God because I never knew I would make a first class until the penultimate year (fourth year), and of course, I never thought I would be the Best Graduating Student with 4.77 Cumulative Grade Point Average. It is a surprise to me, too.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-x_UKm_-vdbk/WPHICwup9hI/AAAAAAAASJE/lWwytwygFw8JSZTK_mbOeUlqS6Aswp3tQCLcB/s320/IMG-20170415-WA0003.jpg[/img]

“Two, it is dedication because the academic pursuit took away my social life. It is either A or nothing else. Whenever I got B, it’s as if I had failed the course.

This is also not unconnected with the promise I made to my parents after my immediate elder brother, who was then a student of the Lagos State University, was killed by a stray bullet from a police officer in Lagos while he was returning from a bursary exercise. I was in SS3 then and I told my parents I would try my best to make up for the loss as much I could.

“Three, it is my parents because they never doubted me and were always there to provide me with whatever was needed. Four, my colleagues with whom we used to do tutorials together. I taught them just as they taught me. The relationship was mutually beneficial. When I got to this school, I was lucky to meet great people. Some of them are my first roommate, Abdullah Lookman; Iyiola Akanji, Tijani Akanji, among others.

“Finally, my lecturers. They did their best to bring the best out of us. I can never forget them. They are more than teachers. I can’t mention all of them, but I surely cannot forget Dr. Bello and Dr. Olawale. They are true fathers.”

When asked about his future, Mubarak said he would like to follow in the footsteps of his mentor, Dr. Olawale, who is a structural engineer and researcher per excellence

Source: http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/04/i-denied-myself-of-social-life-to-earn.html

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Aminat508(f): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2017
Aminat508:
Wow! shocked
You still dey fight FTC with us... Na wah o

6 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Aminat508(f): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2017
Ask4bigneyo:

You still dey fight FTC with us...
Na wah o
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Rtopzy(f): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by jays1990(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2017
I think this stuff is stale. I don't think they know the meaning of social life. You can't sacrifice your social because it's part and parcel of you.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2017
What the hell is the meaning of social life.

5 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by YelloweWest: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2017
I agree with him. I denied myself social media in order to pass law school. It worked.

Law school.... hell on earth angry

3 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Lekan1o1: 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
I think this stuff is stale. I don't think they know the meaning of social life. You can't sacrifice your social because it's part and parcel of you.

exactly my dear they keep singing the same old song!!. Who do they wana deceive.?

Involving in social life doesnt make u an unserious student..
I can tell u this guy talkin trash did a lot dirty-dirty things in school.. now he wana sound like a motivational speaker.
LIES EVERYWHERE!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by depezee(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Na your choice.

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by enesty77(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
You can have a good social life and still make the best grades.. check my siggy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Primusinterpares(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
A first class without social life is that one 1st class
#no offence
#education cuts across every part of our life (social life inclusive)
#i doubt if this guy knows what social life means..
#education is not only what you learn in classrooms,lab workshop...your interaction with colleagues, friends,fellowship etc is education in its self...
#A very big congratulations to you Sir...
I pray you shine brighter nd brighter

14 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
skillful01:
Partying, clubbing, and hanging out for non academic activities.. I guess.

8 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Micah360(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2017
grin grin

The poster below me said it all
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by rozayx5(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2017
good

now welcome to reality

where no one cares about your certificate

hope you have a skill

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by QuietHammer(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2017
Raise your hand if you give a fvck
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2017
skillful01:
Partying, clubbing and the likes.. I guess

3 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by ednut1(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Well only d social get to d top in life grin

9 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Evinsco(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2017
Everything needs balance.........

3 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Mrjo(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2017
Amii another vivin
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Mosesjoker(m): 9:58am On Apr 15, 2017
uniosun is a great school.......
I know this, because am one of her students.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by canalily(m): 9:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Now let us see wat wil be ur Grade in social life now.angry
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by peacettw: 9:59am On Apr 15, 2017
Many people erroneously believe IQ to supersede all only to realise later in life that without EQ (Emotional Intelligence), IQ dies with you. Case in point: Tesla.

EQ is a better predictor of success than IQ. Case in point: Dino Melaye cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 15, 2017
better pikin, i go try lock myself indoor make i be best facebooker
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Lakebeyin(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Congrat bro.. More blessings in ur way, it aint easy.
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Good,i want to b like u wen i grow up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB / Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman / Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.