Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test (15328 Views)

Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? / No Going Back On Planned Enforcement Of New Licence, Plate Numbers – FRSC / FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by AutoReportNG: 3:13am On Jun 18, 2017
The Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC) has released the guidelines for the proposed psychiatric examination of traffic lawbreakers in the country.

Scheduled to begin nationwide on July 1, the test will focus on life-threatening traffic offences namely, use of a phone while driving, route violation, traffic light violation, dangerous driving and overloading.

According to the Corps’ Public Education Officer, Mr Bizi Kazeem, offenders shall have their driver’s licenses withdrawn pending confirmation of their sanity or otherwise.

Kazeem explained that the offenders would bear the full cost of the medical consultation, which shall be conducted at recognised public medical facilities.

“The move arose from observed aggravating crashes and disobedience to road traffic laws and regulation.

“This nation can no longer watch the lives and property of its citizens wasted by a few nonconformists on the highways,’’ he quoted the Corps Marshal, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, as saying

Meanwhile, some Abuja residents have lauded the FRSC for the move which they said was long overdue.

One of them, Miss Ngozi Okafor, a civil servant, said the behaviour of motorists on the road especially in Abuja called for a check on their mental state.

“Abuja is a place where the roads are too wide for motorists. They prefer driving on sidewalks meant for pedestrians.

“Security agents and private vehicle owners are not left out in this madness. I hope the FRSC will have the courage to also subject them to psychiatric test,’’ she said.(NAN)

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/06/frsc-releases-guidelines-for-july-1st.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by AutoReportNG: 3:14am On Jun 18, 2017
Now, this would be fun to behold..

Lalasticlala, Seun

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by NothingDoMe: 3:39am On Jun 18, 2017
The madness of Nigerian Drivers cannot be determined/cured by psychiatric evaluation. It is a default madness exacerbated by the madness of the Nigerian environment. It is usually an acute spontaneous reaction devoid of chronic tendencies.

Don't say I did not tell you.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by AutoReportNG: 4:18am On Jun 18, 2017
NothingDoMe:
The madness of Nigerian Drivers cannot be determined/cured by psychiatric evaluation. It is a default madness exacerbated by the madness of the Nigerian environment. It is usually an acute spontaneous reaction devoid of chronic tendencies.

You said it all..

11 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by nurey(m): 6:31am On Jun 18, 2017
Good luck to the doctors in charge. The simple truth is there is lawlessness in the country, until that is fixed without recourse for level or position, it's just a waste of time.

Besides the behavior is a communicable tendency nah to infect the evaluating team grin

6 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by NwaAmaikpe: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2017
shocked
Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by harffie(m): 7:08am On Jun 18, 2017
grin
Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by oshe11: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2017
Hope they'd also test our MAD POLITICIANS AND MILITARY MEN?

9 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by NwaAmaikpe: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2017
shocked

This is nonsense.......nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Aghanel(m): 7:09am On Jun 18, 2017
watching in UHD screen... hospitals will be filled with motorists ahswear!
FRSC will be tired of this in couple of weeks time

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by oshe11: 7:10am On Jun 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Jst anticpation of ur comment dn dey make me laff alredy
Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by onyxo76(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2017
I hope drivers of governor convoy and bullion vans will be exempted cos psychiatric evaluation on those ones is a complete waste of time.

7 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by oshe11: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2017
As a Special Marshal I commend this.......

BUT I'd RATHER HAVe A MAD PRESIDENT(SO HE CAN BE IMPEACHED) THAN A MISSING PRESIDENT.....

I LAUGH WEN SOME PEOPLE SAY THE MISSING ONE HAS BEEN GONE FOR MORE THAN A MONTHgrin

THAT GUY NEVER RETURNED THE OTHER TIME, THEY JUST RELEASED PASS VIDEO FOR ZOMBIES TO MASTURBATE ON lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by lollytk(f): 7:14am On Jun 18, 2017
It should be applied to politicians and their convoys also

1 Like

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Exponental(m): 7:16am On Jun 18, 2017
Have they checked themselves first? I can't imagine a sane person trying to stop a moving vehicle just because u are wearing a uniform.

10 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 18, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by tonyot(m): 7:19am On Jun 18, 2017
Another avenue (sub-head) to loot our money. Orientation of our mindset is the key

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Victornezzar: 7:19am On Jun 18, 2017
Hmmm
Oga FRSC dat mean say psychiatric ward go full be dat

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by maberry(m): 7:22am On Jun 18, 2017
That means una go need to build more psychiatric hospitals then
Because many drivers go need to enter admission

6 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by mikkypel(m): 7:25am On Jun 18, 2017
Many are mad ,few are roaming

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by helinues: 7:26am On Jun 18, 2017
If you are driving on Nigeria roads, just assumed you are the only sane people on the road.. Imagine a learner dragging a road with a trailer

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by johnp2(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2017
Nigeria drive mad when ever they are driving,,, if you doubt me ask any driver in lagos trafic even the pastor and Imam....
Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by emperorAY(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2017
I hope this test will not know anybody,cause somepple seems to be above d law

1 Like

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by murmee: 7:35am On Jun 18, 2017
FRSC is just looking for excuses to be on City roads in order to be stopping vehicles especially cars unnecessarily as they have been doing before Kaduna and Lagos states told them to move to the Fringes/Highways

The truth is that FRSC belongs to the Highways but they prefer the cities where they can harrass motorists and extort money. Lagos state already has LASTMA to take care of any traffic offences and violations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by takenadoh: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2017
This is rubbish another means to extort funds from individuals

4 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2017
Though Nigeria is a very crazy country and this move would help sanitize the system but the FRSC command hasn't carried the medical community (who are the focal persons ) along.
Before this psychiatric tests should have been agreed on, the medical community's input should have first been sought and the modalities ironed out.
What if a driver is brought to me and I refuse to carry out pysch evaluation on the patient cos I know nothing(officially) about the rule.
They should also know that before a psych analysis is carried out, the patient's consent has to sought ffs. What if the patient refuses? Have they worked through the legal angle?
FRSC should get first focus on getting the basics right- we should first find out what makes drivers drive recklessly. They need put breathalyzers and rapid toxicology screens into use rather than looking for quick fixs.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Swiftlee(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2017
Lies! They would only test private drivers! Commercial drivers will always go free! I use to bombard them on twitter asking them why FRSC laws only works on private car owners and not public and commercial? Those ones na angels dey drive am? Carrying 4 in front, overloading, no seatbelts and more!

5 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by silos(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2017
AutoReportNG:
The Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC) has released the guidelines for the proposed psychiatric examination of traffic lawbreakers in the country.

Scheduled to begin nationwide on July 1, the test will focus on life-threatening traffic offences namely, use of a phone while driving, route violation, traffic light violation, dangerous driving and overloading.

According to the Corps’ Public Education Officer, Mr Bizi Kazeem, offenders shall have their driver’s licenses withdrawn pending confirmation of their sanity or otherwise.

Kazeem explained that the offenders would bear the full cost of the medical consultation, which shall be conducted at recognised public medical facilities.

“The move arose from observed aggravating crashes and disobedience to road traffic laws and regulation.

“This nation can no longer watch the lives and property of its citizens wasted by a few nonconformists on the highways,’’ he quoted the Corps Marshal, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, as saying

Meanwhile, some Abuja residents have lauded the FRSC for the move which they said was long overdue.

One of them, Miss Ngozi Okafor, a civil servant, said the behaviour of motorists on the road especially in Abuja called for a check on their mental state.

“Abuja is a place where the roads are too wide for motorists. They prefer driving on sidewalks meant for pedestrians.

“Security agents and private vehicle owners are not left out in this madness. I hope the FRSC will have the courage to also subject them to psychiatric test,’’ she said.(NAN)

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/06/frsc-releases-guidelines-for-july-1st.html
I hope they will include bullion vans drivers and those drives driving traditional chiefs and emirs

4 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Jabioro: 7:44am On Jun 18, 2017
NothingDoMe:

King Solomon asked queen Sheba if there is anything more she needed and the replied.. Nothing more, because King Solomon have saw it all and there's nothing the queen can hide from him.. Whatever that follow your comment upon this is a heaps of words.. Therefore take my bible this morning and return it to my blossom this evening ..You got it..

1 Like

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by ednut1(m): 7:47am On Jun 18, 2017
what are these guys doing on state roads the law establishing dem says federal high ways. abi am i missing something.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by NothingDoMe: 7:48am On Jun 18, 2017
Jabioro:
King Solomon asked queen Sheba if there is anything more she needed and the replied.. Nothing more, because King Solomon have saw it all and there's nothing the queen can hide from him.. Whatever that follow your comment upon this is a heaps of words.. Therefore take my bible this morning and return it to my blossom this evening ..You got it..
Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test by Bossontop(m): 7:48am On Jun 18, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Rules rules.....dem neva finish dey enforce d ones wey don dey already talkless ov dese new ones....mtchwww

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) / Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.