Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad (15329 Views)

5 Common Places Where Spare Car Keys Are Kept / Someone Spotted Driving Around With Fuel Nozzle & Hose Still Attached To His Car / What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by AutoJoshNG: 6:44am On Sep 03, 2018
[img]https:///a/img921/4462/gTgRXW.jpg[/img]

You need to see the car keys of some folks. You will end up thinking that they are one serious locksmith or treasury keeper; they are just not that. They just have the habit of keeping several keys with their car keys.

A lot of people who owns multiple set of keys end up just putting all the keys together in one key ring holder. It is better placed on separate key chains.

Do you know that having much keys attached to your car key ring have an adverse effect on the ignition system?

This post for everybody but it is specially aimed at those who have it as a habit to carry many things like bottle opener, nail cutter, mini flashlight and the likes in their car key ring.

A heavy key ring can weigh down the ignition and can one day cause it to fail.

Gravitational force is powerful and would always act when much weight is on your key ring. It will continue to pull the key down when the car is making turns, when going over bumps, when going uphill, and when it’s not in motion.

All this will make the tumbler of your ignition system to be wearing out. When this reaches a particular threshold, it will eventually make the key not to be able to turn the ignition lock.

In conclusion, remove the unnecessary weight from your car key ring. Two keys and your car remote is just okay for your car key ring.

https://autojosh.com/how-bad-many-keys-attached-car-key/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by AtYourCervix: 7:20am On Sep 03, 2018
Is it your car key?

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by deeswagger: 7:20am On Sep 03, 2018
Nice one, why would anyone attach so many keys in the first place?

Perfect example of Nigerian ladies, u invite one for an outing, you see committee of friends on pickup... Any man that shoulders such responsibility eventually reaches maximum threshold like the ignition... #getthestrap

14 Likes

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by jashar(f): 7:20am On Sep 03, 2018
Ok...
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by timi0103(m): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2018
Informative �

7 Likes

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by tociano009(m): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2018
Ok
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by MartinCorridon: 7:21am On Sep 03, 2018
Lol...

That particular bunch of keys looks like that of an ancient jail warden

12 Likes

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by sakalisis(m): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2018
angryHi
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Yinabim(f): 7:22am On Sep 03, 2018
Okay, thanks
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Jaideyone(m): 7:22am On Sep 03, 2018
I swear that looks like my father's car key grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by papalsbuIl: 7:22am On Sep 03, 2018
MartinCorridon:
Lol I'm a product of dog's sperm
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Is a good point. Just too many keys dangling on the ignition could be dangerous over time
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Good thread

3 Likes

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by 12345baba(m): 7:23am On Sep 03, 2018
ok sir

2 Likes

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 03, 2018
tongue
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by dingbang(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2018
When your car key loss eh... grin

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app such as getting soft loans through the app. Click the link on my signature to register and bank your way.

You first

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 03, 2018
timi0103:
Informative �
NL mods have favourites. If na you or me post am now, it will not be on FP.

4 Likes

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Kingstanding: 7:24am On Sep 03, 2018
Good info. Sometimes it will be making some unnecessary sound.

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=Jaideyone post=70854001]I swear that looks like my father's car key grin

Your papa na door keeper?

2 Likes

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by ikorodureporta: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2018
Many keys are used to cconfuse 'sharp guyz'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by MrImole: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2018
Lol!

We go put am in mind till when we buy new wheelbarrow car.

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2018
Me no believe this thing at all

Your reasons dey weak like this man

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by xreal: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2018
It's common sense sef.

Some will have as many as in the pic above and still flaunt it by hanging it on their belt.
Dem go con be like maskurade.

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Samirana360(m): 7:31am On Sep 03, 2018
how e take concern u ....amibo

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by SoftP(m): 7:32am On Sep 03, 2018
What's really the op's point? I'm not understanding
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

NL mods have favourites. If na you or me post am now, it will not be on FP.

Not really Sha.
From observation,NL gives every member especially new ones a front page at one time or the other.Other ways is to get across to the MODS for quick FP if the message is very important.
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Lexusgs430: 7:34am On Sep 03, 2018
What about if the owner is also a prison ward manager?

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Saheed9: 7:34am On Sep 03, 2018
The funny thing is that most of those keys are actually useless. Keys to old apartments that should have been discarded. I'm also guilty of this tho

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by wildchild1: 7:35am On Sep 03, 2018
Sound it

Check my signature for 2018/2019 club and country jerseys
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Diso60090(m): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=papalsbuIl post=70854007][/quote]

Dog pinkin
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Yewandequeen(f): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2018
When I buy my car I will. Confirm this cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? / For Your $1.5 Million, Will It Be A Bugatti Or A Koenigsegg? / How To Detect Unbalanced Tires In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.