Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,121 members, 7,821,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life (19433 Views)

How To Stop Bleeding Gum / What I Did To Stop My Stretchmark From Growing&product I Used To Make It Pale / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by SUNDICOS(m): 7:35am On Jun 18, 2017
Pls friends, I' ve being looking looking for a way to stop this unfunny harbit of my life, but couldn't, meanwhile if you have any positives comments that will help me out, pls don't waste time to do so through this media

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by phorget(m): 7:43am On Jun 18, 2017
Always picture when you'll be so lonely on that hospital bed dying slowly of a lung and intestines damaged by your smoky habits... Think about the people you'll cause lotta pains,the fears in their eyes of the prospect of loosing a loved one, think about the unending tears that will run down their cheeks and knowing fully well that you caused them that...
It worked for me so it would definitely work for someone else... quit smoking plssssssssss!

137 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by LionDeLeo: 7:46am On Jun 18, 2017
Mind. Use it very well.

12 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by menxer: 7:48am On Jun 18, 2017
I thought smoking is fun and part of enjoying life that I am missing out?

The way I see it, habitual smoking creates a path in the body, and as with all paths that are no longer in use, it takes time for nature to reclaim it, and even longer if the path was tarred (in this case with nicotine.)

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by torres89: 8:06am On Jun 18, 2017
am guessing u smoking cigarettes, cause it's very addictive

this a simple remedy

just eat groundnuts when u feel like smoking

not bitter kola ooo

just groundnuts only. u can also add malt to it too

it's quite expensive , but within 3 months if followed religiously. u gonna forget about smoking cigarettes

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by LexngtonSteele: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
Google image "lung cancer"

Keep frying your own lungs! angry

[img]https://media./images/17fb59b59b74ca8437d4f850c2dfe02f/tenor.gif[/img]

Modified: @ the m0ron; RaeMystix.... The European Union (EU) mulled on ordering cigarette companies to put graphic images of lung cancer on cigarette packs. It was implemented in a lot of countries in the region. There's a reason for that. So, always THINK before commenting. Keep mute when you have nothing valuable to contribute.

40 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Yomak11: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
Quitters don't win

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by MediumStout(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
cry
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by fastgyal(f): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
it isn't easy to just stop, especially if you're addicted.
what I'll advise is that you start by reducing the quantity you take per day. If you smoke 5 cigarettes everyday, reduce it to 3. from that 3, make a decision that you won't smoke more than 1 or 2. Gradually, it would be easy to stop.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by NwaAmaikpe: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
shocked
Please don't do this to yourself...What is your reason for quitting?

Cigarettes are relatively affordable, you can switch from St. Moritz to Dorchester if it's because of the price.

Please help grow the British-Tobacco company in Nigeria
If everybody decides to quit smoking, don't you know that company will fold up and you would have made thousands jobless by your selfish decision.

Kindly reconsider your decision and do not quit...remember Winners don't quit.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Dandeson1(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
One day , I Will Be The First Person to Comment, and I will show it to My college teacher Miss sedrati , who said that I can't achieve anything in my life !!!

p.s : u people that is always commenting first, wat network are yu using, abi are we not in the same Nigeria, ayam not undastandin

12 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Papiikush: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
You know there is about 98% probability you are go'n die of cancer right?

Ignore my moniker and focus on my message grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by phlamesG: 11:51am On Jun 18, 2017
Bros whenever you want to light a cigarette, just remember majek fashek.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by chaloner(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2017
Well stop going out with change but 1k note...

5 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by obembet(f): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2017
"Cigarette smokers are liable to die young"
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Ezedon(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2017
Just see the sellers as ur enemy and stop patronizing them
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by MrIcredible: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
Smoke camel piss instead
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by ademoladeji(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
grin grin
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by emmadejust(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
You need discipline and prayer to give you the mind to resist the temptation

Have this at the back of your mind..

The health effect and the money embarassed embarassed embarassed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by BUSHHUNTER: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
Since they prohibited smoking in public and bar, my guy no get 50k as fine..he wan con quit grin

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by BrightEye(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
No amount of 'sooth' sayings here could help. As a matter of fact, all those above me saying quit will not be there for you when you are faced with the dreadful withdrawal symptoms.

My advice. Go and find a reliable rehabilitation center.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by HIRAETH: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
smiley
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by MediumStout(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
[s]
phorget:
Always picture when you'll be so lonely on that hospital bed dying slowly of a lung and intestines damaged by your smoky habits... Think about the people you'll cause lotta pains,the fears in their eyes of the prospect of loosing a loved one, think about the unending tears that will run down their cheeks and knowing fully well that you caused them that...
It worked for me so it would definitely work for someone else... quit smoking plssssssssss!
[/s]

Shut up bro. Something must kill a man. If he quit smoking does that make him free from hospital bed? People are in hospital for Aids, lassa fever, skin cancer. Are they all smokers? Mtchewww

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by CharlieMaria(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
Avoid friends who smoke....then Pray your Rosary....keep fighting and struggling but bother our Lady with the Rosary to obtain for you the grace to quit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by ExpensiveG: 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
Let's try this ~

1. DON'T EVER TELL YOURSELF, I WON'T DO THIS AGAIN COS YOU WON'T STOP IT...

2. TALK TO YOURSELF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING, THAT I WON'T SMOKE TODAY.....

No1.It's a gradual process, don't lie to yourself..... undecided

No2.Won't be easy because when you say this, so many TEMPTATION will come your way. If you go out to see a friend, he will surely give you cigarette that day, you'll have so many offer just because of what you said. Try not to fall, don't accept it...
Continue with this method and it will help you.....
BEST of Luck dear....

5 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Gee001: 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
Bros I won't tell you to quit smoking outrighly because it will take some time. In my opinion, I'll advice you take it slowly. For instance if you smoke 20 sticks of cigarettes a day, reduce your intake to maybe half of that. Keep taking less each day till you're done. Generally, reduce the intake each day till you're used to smoking less and not like a chimney.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by gaetano: 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
I'm here to read comments grin

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Nigeriadondie: 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
undecided Remind yourself of the danger to health as that wud motivate u. The damages done to d body are irreversible like COPD-chronic pulmonary obstructive disease, emphysema among others. Avoid places where they smoke and people that smokes even close friends. Write and paste on the wall that u mr resolve not to smoke so u re constantly reminded of ur resolve to stop.
When u feel tempted try to engage yourself with doing something. You may need the help of a close friend or family to help u stick to ur resolve. As time goes on u wud find it easier to stop.
But I don't know what made u started smoking in d first place.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
Sorry Bruv, One has to be "a quitter" in certain things TO WIN!!!

wink

Can't believe I am seeing people say, "Ohhh Plss don't quit... Winners don't quit, Quitters don't win...."

Ohhh plssss.... stop the misuse of the quote already!!!!! angry

Yomak11:
Quitters don't win

4 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by maberry(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
Always carry wet matches

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by airforce1pikin(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
grin igbó or cigar?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 15 2021 In Nigeria / Arse Hole Ache / Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.