Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life (19416 Views)

How To Stop Bleeding Gum / What I Did To Stop My Stretchmark From Growing&product I Used To Make It Pale / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by emi14: 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
Stop buying cigarette
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
MisterKennedy:
Sundico bro,first of all you need to be delivered...I will advice you to put on Emmmanuel TV today,I believe you have Emmanuel TV channel,and when Prophet T.B Joshua is praying for the viewers,just tap into the anointing and you will feel the power of the Holy Spirit setting you free from the bad habit of smoking....Trust me,It works,I'm living proof,just have faith ok?

I just knew one of you must show up here cheesy
welcome sheeple

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by SUNDICOS(m): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
BUSHHUNTER:
Since they prohibited smoking in public and bar, my guy no get 50k as fine..he wan con quit grin
50k not the problem, there's money but no joy, because I don't need to smoke herms b4 being happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
Also forget Nicotine gum, it's just an expensive alternative, i tried Nicopatch I found myself addicted to the Gum which was like 10 times expensive than cigarette, obviously got broke and went for cigarettes instead what might help.

1. Avoid being around smokers
2. There are times you will have this urge to smoke, do something effective to take your mind away
3. Constantly Google Lung cancer that will give you a shocker
4. Have a timetable where you take note of days you have moved without smoking
5. Pick up an hobby most times i feel the need to smoke when am idle

Not Advisable but if you are the type that must always smoke
5. Switch to Marijuana

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by azimibraun: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
Kill yourself. As long as cigar man dey alive, him must hide for corner smoke.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by FromZeroToHero(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
[b][/b]buy a strong adhesive and seal your lips. thank me later
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by bawajghai(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
Tell me the type of cigarettes you smoke. I will tell you what to do
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by greggng: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
Give ur life to christ and that habit will disappear. Meanwhile if there is any born again lady searching for a decent man for marriage pls look no further cos I am now available.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pray and go cold turkey undecided
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by SommyNwaba(m): 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
Try smoking Dry cow shit U no go ever I mean ever smoke again angry
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by MediumStout(m): 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
Piiko:
my man true talk, I have forgotten the fear of death along while ago. All die na die death is a debt we must pay, I am an occasional smoker of Cuban cigars strictly. This kind Naija we dey so why are you eager to live for too long sef

Piiko how far na. U still dey villa abi u don free from Alabi grin
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by SUNDICOS(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
bunbit23:

If you sincerely wish to stop smoking as you said, take the following steps and you will lost appetite to smoke again.

boil a very hot water, open the cigarret and pour all the tobacco inside the cup of hot water and start drinking it. Do it 3 times a day and before you sleep. If you apply this formula two to three days, you will lost appetite and never feel the urge to smoke again.

https://www.nairaland.com/3863859/see-common-herbs-roots-use
can't smoke cigarette but cannabis sativa
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by bekpo(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
SUNDICOS:
Pls friends, I' ve being looking looking for a way to stop this unfunny harbit of my life, but couldn't, meanwhile if you have any positives comments that will help me out, pls don't waste time to do so through this media

Just quit smoking. It's all about determination to quit. Just say to yourself that's the last time you'll ever tast a sigerat.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Dailyfavour(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
1. Positive mind set: strongly position your mind for leaving such habit

2. For now avoid your current friends, walk with somebody who not and never smoke

3. Involves in Church/Mosque activities as applied.

4. Open up to trusted men of God.
ALL BEST
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by marshborn(m): 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
Just make up your mind and be determined it's not that hard. ...I quit and resume smoking freely without any hassle. Right now I haven't had a stick in 2 months, I gave myself a 3 months break. So if you truly want to quit just believe in yourself, but hope it's your personal decision and not those around you forcing you to do so. Remember we all die someday. Peace wink
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Kaybaba5(m): 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Dont move with friends that do smoke
Whenever you pass at the place u normally buy cigarette.
Always say it to yourself that u will not branch to buy...

See stopping smoking is not something u will just say.
It's beyond that. Your spirit needs to work with your flesh
Everything is by God grace
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
You can stop it the same way you started it. After all no one was born with cigarette in his mouth.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by tballeyy(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
What will make u quickly stop smoking, is when u ur self observe damages in ur system, by then u won't seek for any advise any more from nobody, then is now u that will advise self ;hey u are peme small small.

No body can advise u
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by kindnyce(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
Been chain-smoking 4 10yrs.
I tell ya,the magic is BISCUIT!
Yes,BISCUIT, each time the urge to smoke grips you,just go for your biscuit which must be handy.
Try it 4 2 months,thank me later.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by nkemjacob2(m): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Allow FG arrest u for about 6 times wen u re done paying 50k u no how to stop

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by DavidEsq(m): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Dandeson1:
One day , I Will Be The First Person to Comment, and I will show it to My college teacher Miss sedrati , who said that I can't achieve anything in my life !!!

p.s : u people that is always commenting first, wat network are yu using, abi are we not in the same Nigeria, ayam not undastandin
cry as for me, I've tire sef. As hard as I dey try. I rmbr wen Lady F wan kee us with FTC as if she dey work NL. Wen I manage dey FTC, the topic no reach FP embarassedI just weak for all my effort for FTC

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by holuphisayor(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
SUNDICOS:
Pls friends, I' ve being looking looking for a way to stop this unfunny harbit of my life, but couldn't, meanwhile if you have any positives comments that will help me out, pls don't waste time to do so through this media
the way you increased your pace, reduce till you drop .

habits turn addictions....no time
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by obataokenwa(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
There is an evil spirit that always makes you to want to smoke and push you to... Don't do any prayer or any abstinence...

See what you will do...

Be very sensitive with your spirit/mind...as soon as that urge comes or that voice to go take it comes, say this words...
YOU FOUL SPIRIT, I COMMAND YOU TO BE QUIET AND GET OUT OF MY MIND AND THOUGHT IN THE NAME OF Jesus Christ.

Do this always and don't forget to write me your testimony. Please follow this procedure always and check after some few minutes you will agree with me that a spirit is involved and it will leave... continuously the urge will leave finally. I can recommend books for you too abt how the devil acts and manipulate.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

That's how I conquered fornication and other habits...

Smoking is a very bad habit..

SUNDICOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
Why would you wanna stop though? It's perhaps a crazy fetish but I admire a fine, smart, clean looking brother brother who smokes. Lol.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by uchenadu(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
SUNDICOS:

Smoking is a relentless killer.

It killed 100,000,000 people during the last century.
It takes about 6,000,000 lives a year.
On average, it kills one person every six seconds.
And there is no sign of a turnaround.

Authorities estimate that if current trends persist, by 2030, the annual death toll from smoking will climb to more than 8,000,000. And they predict that smoking will have taken 1,000,000,000 lives by the end of the 21st century.

Tobacco’s victims are not just the smokers. Included are the surviving family members, who suffer emotional and financial loss, as well as the 600,000 nonsmokers who die each year from breathing secondhand smoke. The burden spreads to everyone in the form of rising health-care costs.

Unlike epidemics that send doctors racing to discover a cure, this scourge is eminently curable; the solution is well-known. Dr. Margaret Chan, director-general of the World Health Organization, stated: “The tobacco epidemic is entirely man-made, and it can be turned around through the concerted efforts of governments and civil society.”

International response to combat this health crisis has been unprecedented. As of August 2012, some 175 countries have agreed to take measures to curb tobacco use. * However, powerful forces keep the pandemic raging. Each year, the tobacco industry spends billions of dollars on advertising to attract new customers, especially among women and young adults living in developing countries. The addictive nature of tobacco almost ensures that casualties will remain high among the one billion smokers already hooked. Unless current users quit, the death toll will climb sharply over the next four decades.

Advertising and addiction keep many trapped in a habit they wish they could break. That was the experience of Naoko. She began smoking as a teen. Copying the way the habit was portrayed in the media made her feel sophisticated. Despite seeing both of her parents die from lung cancer, she continued smoking, even while raising her two daughters. “I was concerned about getting lung cancer and worried about my children’s health,” she admits, “but I still couldn’t quit. I thought I would never stop smoking.”

Yet, Naoko did stop. She found the motivation to overcome her smoking habit in the same source that has helped millions remain free of tobacco. What is that source? Please read on.

Naoko, mentioned in the opening article, said of her victory over smoking, “I was able to change my life because of learning the truth about God’s qualities and purpose.” What she learned is found in the Bible. Even though the Bible never mentions tobacco, it helps us to understand how God views smoking. * For many, that knowledge provided the incentive they needed to resist or quit the habit. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) Let us consider three well-known harmful effects of smoking and see what the Bible says about them.

SMOKING IS ADDICTIVE

Tobacco contains one of the most addictive drugs known—nicotine. It acts as a stimulant as well as a depressant. Smoking delivers nicotine to the brain quickly and repeatedly. Since each puff supplies a single dose of nicotine, the average one-pack-a-day smoker inhales the equivalent of about 200 doses a day, a higher dosage than in any other drug use. Such frequent dosing makes nicotine uniquely addictive. Once hooked, a smoker experiences withdrawal symptoms if his craving for nicotine is not satisfied.

“You are slaves of the one you obey.”—Romans 6:16

Can you really obey God if you are enslaved by tobacco addiction?
The Bible helps us to have the correct view of the matter when it says: “Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey?” (Romans 6:16) When an individual’s thinking and actions are dominated by a craving for tobacco, he soon becomes a slave to a degrading practice. However, God, whose name is Jehovah, wants us to be free, not only from practices that harm our body but also from those that corrupt our spirit, that is, our dominant mental inclination. (Psalm 83:18; 2 Corinthians 7:1) Thus, as a person grows in appreciation and respect for Jehovah, he recognizes that Jehovah deserves his best and that he cannot give God his best while remaining enslaved to a lethal habit. That realization helps to give a person the will to resist hurtful desires.

Olaf, who lives in Germany, overcame a 16-year addiction to cigarettes that began when he was 12. “The first cigarette seemed like a harmless snowball,” he said. “But over the years it amounted to a huge avalanche. One time when I ran out of cigarettes, I was so frustrated that I collected all the stubs from an ashtray, scraped the tobacco together, and rolled a cigarette with a scrap of newspaper. In hindsight, I can see that it was really shameful.” How did he break the degrading habit of smoking? “The crucial factor was the desire to please Jehovah,” he said. “Jehovah’s love for mankind and the hope he provides gave me the strength to break this addiction once and for all.”

SMOKING DAMAGES THE BODY

“Smoking cigarettes . . . has been scientifically proven to harm nearly every organ in the body and to increase morbidity and mortality,” says The Tobacco Atlas. It is well-known that smoking causes noncommunicable diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and lung ailments. But according to the World Health Organization (WHO), smoking is also a major cause of death from communicable diseases, such as tuberculosis.

“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.”—Matthew 22:37

Are you showing love and respect for God if you abuse your God-given body by indulging in a defiling habit?
Through his Word, the Bible, Jehovah God teaches us to have a proper view of our life, our body, and our faculties. His Son, Jesus, pointed to this when he said: “You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.” (Matthew 22:37) Clearly, God wants us to make good use of our life and body and to treat them with respect. As we learn about Jehovah and his promises, we come to love and value all that he has done for us. This motivates us to keep free from anything that defiles our body.

Jayavanth, a physician in India, smoked for 38 years. He said: “I learned about the dangers of smoking through medical journals. I knew it was wrong, and I advised my patients to give up the habit. But I could not quit it myself, despite trying five or six times.” What helped him finally to stop? He relates: “I quit smoking as a result of having a Bible study. The desire to please Jehovah motivated me to quit the habit straight away.”

SMOKING HARMS OTHERS

Exhaled smoke and smoke that comes from smoldering tobacco are toxic. Inhaling such secondhand smoke can cause cancer and other diseases, and each year it kills 600,000 nonsmokers, mostly women and children. A report by WHO warns: “There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke.”

“You must love your neighbor as yourself.”—Matthew 22:39

Do you really love your neighbor and family if you expose them to the dangers of secondhand smoke?
According to Jesus, love of neighbor—our family, friends, and others around us—is second only to love of God. “You must love your neighbor as yourself,” he said. (Matthew 22:39) If we pursue a habit that hurts those close to us, we are not showing neighborly love. Genuine love moves us to follow the Bible’s admonition: “Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person.”—1 Corinthians 10:24.

Armen, who lives in Armenia, recalls: “Because they were affected by it, my family begged me to quit smoking. But I didn’t want to admit that it could have a bad effect on them.” He explains what changed his view: “My knowledge of the Bible and love for Jehovah helped me to quit smoking and admit that it was harmful not only to me but also to those around me.”

SMOKING EXTINGUISHED FOR GOOD!

Bible knowledge helped Olaf, Jayavanth, and Armen to break free from a degrading habit that was hurting them and others. They succeeded not simply because they knew that smoking is harmful but because they came to love Jehovah and desired to please him. The vital role of love is emphasized at 1 John 5:3, which states: “This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.” Of course, following Bible principles will not always be easy, but when a person is moved by strong love for God, obedience will not be a burden.

Through a global educational campaign, Jehovah God is now helping millions of people to break free or keep free from enslavement to tobacco. (1 Timothy 2:3, 4) Very soon, by means of his Kingdom—a heavenly government under his Son, Jesus Christ—Jehovah will eliminate the greedy commercial system that is responsible for enslaving millions to tobacco. He will extinguish the smoking epidemic for good and raise obedient humankind to perfection in body and mind.—Isaiah 33:24; Revelation 19:11, 15.

If you are struggling to quit smoking, take heart. By learning to love Jehovah and to appreciate his view of smoking, you too can find the motivation you need to succeed. Jehovah’s Witnesses will be happy to provide you with practical, one-on-one assistance to learn and apply Bible principles. Be assured that if you want Jehovah’s help to break free from tobacco addiction, he will supply the power and strength you need.—Philippians 4:13.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by SalamRushdie: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
SUNDICOS:

I passed through the same thing , I was a heavy lover and user of tobacco. I loved smoking so much with all my heart till I realised it was taking a toll on my health and looks but quitting wasn't as easy as I thought it was really painfully difficult to stop , I tried everything from medications to patches and even tried going cold turkey but I failed , I failed so much that I accepted that I was going to smoke all my life and die a smoker because giving up was virtually and physiologically impossible ..to cut the long story short it was a simple prayer that helped me quit easily ( before then I was one who didn't believe in prayers oo) , it all started when I attended a mountain of fire church one day when I was bored and that particular church had been attracting me, during the course of the service I knelt down and asked God to take smoking away from life if He was truly real ..I didn't believe that prayer would do anything but to my greatest suprised after church I get into the car and stop to buy a pack of Benson and hedges which I take home ...At home I tried to smoke a stick and other I just needed up being very nauseous, later again I try another stick the same thing and that how I have not been able to smoke another stick of cigarette for years now ..I still have that pack of cigarettes I bought that day well preserved which I show to people when I tell my weird story ..Yes a simple prayer ended my smoking just like magic ... I think that addiction to smoking is more of a spirit than any chemical addiction believe me

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Ikgodslove(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
I advise u reduce the quantity and also try to change friends if ur friends smoke. more especially, if truely u want to quit from smoking, u need to pray well because there us nothing hard for God to do.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by tballeyy(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
Dailyfavour:
1. Positive mind set: strongly position your mind for leaving such habit

2. For now avoid your current friends, walk with somebody who not and never smoke

3. Involves in Church/Mosque activities as applied.

4. Open up to trusted men of God.
ALL BEST
do u think it is easy to leave cigret? Is like u want to avoid not eating for 7day
Hav u smoke b4?
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by airforce1pikin(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
Papiikush:

Cancer is inevitable when you don't quit smoking. Only few cancer patients survives
It's a big lie....back up this your statement with a source. Many chain smokers have lived to more than even 90 years of age.
Here is one jeanne calment, she lived till 122

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment
I am not promoting anything but your stat was so wrong.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
MediumStout:

Piiko how far na. U still dey villa abi u don free from Alabi grin
I got 1 of the best punters in my office he's doing I.T he gives me sure games daily so we steady cashing out but I want to chill until season starts before I start staking. The guy is excellent I will come on our thread and share money and codes once we hit it off cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Excessive Drinking Habit A Cause For Being Pot Bellied? / 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness / Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.