Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Issues Of Men In The Kitchen - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Issues Of Men In The Kitchen (784 Views)

Housemaid Caught On CCTV Defecating In The Kitchen / The Kitchen Chicken � / The Gluttony Chicken � Made In The Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues Of Men In The Kitchen by RexEmmyGee: 7:44am On Jun 18, 2017
In recent times, this question has gained momentum: is it necessary for a man to know how to cook?

Cooking has always been seen to be the territory of the woman, and recent arguments have risen as to whether it is necessary for a man in a relationship or marriage should cook while his wife is around. This discussion has been expanded to whether men should know how to cook at all and whether that skill limits them as productive adults.

Of course, women are expected to cook. From an early age, they are taught to stay in the kitchen and learn from our mothers while brothers watch football or indulge in other “manly pursuits” with our fathers. This skewered thinking is just one of the ways women have been systematically subjugated by a patriarchal system of our society, and women who challenge this notion are deemed “unafrican”.

This has produced men who do not know their way around a kitchen, and yet they don’t think that it removes from their value as adults. These men frequent eateries and local food joints with no fear of judgment and depend totally on the women in their lives for sustenance. Yet, women who cannot cook are deemed unmarriageable.

My view on this is that of common sense. Food is necessary for the sustenance of both men and women. Cooking, and kitchen duties, therefore should be a shared responsibility like everything else in the home should be. Children of both sexes should learn to make meals and clean up after themselves, raising them to be accountable and responsible.

The family is the shared responsibility of men and women, therefore no one should be charged with any part of it as their sole responsibility. Traditions and cultures should be dynamic to fit into the changing times, or we are at risk of being left behind by the rest of the world.

WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS
Credit: LadyNaija

Re: Issues Of Men In The Kitchen by torres89: 8:00am On Jun 18, 2017
my opinion

in life everyone has a duty

a man has his duty like wise a woman

a man is meant to hustle hard and make provision for the family

read more on the story of Adam to get a better view.

the kitchen is a natural place for a woman. it shouldn't be such a big deal , like some feminist who just lack basic human perspective have made it appear like.

it's part of the trait of a lady or woman to cook.

that's why female caterers are everywhere

i schooled in Delta State. during my time there

I noticed there were more female Laborers than have ever seen in my life , as women who mix and carry concrete
even brick layers too. that is so not normal at all. leave the hard jobs for the men and do the soft one.

my point is lazy women and feminist are just making cooking a big deal

lastly I hate cooking but I can die for a woman who knows how to cook. (literally speaking)
Re: Issues Of Men In The Kitchen by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
Me don de cook by force. End time women everywhere.
Re: Issues Of Men In The Kitchen by pinky1974: 11:37am On Jun 28, 2017
Cooking is no big deal,but I see no reason why men think it's a female's job O,now most men cook if not for anything for the fun of it

(1) (Reply)

Fear Grips Residents As Monkeys Invade Homes / . / How To Prepare Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.