Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,054 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. (28669 Views)

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? / How an hiv positive lady almost lured me into sex without condom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Rajahbite(m): 11:37am On Jun 18, 2017
This is my first time of posting on this forum and I pray this get to as many people as possible.
Most folks dread the thought of testing positive to HIV but it shouldn't be so. That is why it is very necessary to get tested at least once in a month.
I developed the habit of getting tested monthly (though I can beat my chest and say with pride that I am not a promiscuous fellow). But recently I skipped a couple of months in my routine for no apparent reason. The last time I got a test was mid-march so I went for a test last week and the test result came out positive. To be certain it wasn't a mistake, I went to two other places and the results were adamantly positive.
Now some people may ask who who got me infected, but that is a none-issue as far as I'm concerned . I have even stopped asking myself how I got infected because it's been more than two years since the last time I had sexual intercourse . So it can't possibly have been sexually transmitted to me, most especially as the experts say the viral load is low which means I must have been recently infected, at most not more than five or six months.
I intend to utilize my status as an HIV+ person to reach out and help as many as I can. I am already posting on Facebook what I learn from counseling programs I attend on living with the virus.
The Doctors said they have to monitor my viral load and CD4 count for some time in order to determine the best treatment program for me. I know that if I stick to the treatment program and follow the Doctors advice diligently that I'll still live a healthy life.
I use this medium to beg of everyone reading this to go for an HIV test. Knowing your status is key to helping yourself. If you are negative, please maintain all necessary prevention techniques.... avoid unprotected sex/multiple partners , don't share needles/blades (if you can afford it, get your own hair clipper) but above all, get tested regularly.
If you find out that you are positive (like me) , please don't despair. There are several HIV/AIDS centres in most hospitals across the nation where you can access help in the form of counseling and medications and these are mostly free of charge.
HIV is not a death sentence, you can still live a meaningful and healthy life despite your status.
Spread the message and not the virus.

102 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by dingbang(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2017
So you saying that you just dey ur own jeje.. HIV come enter your bodi?,

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by basmur(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2017
hmmnnn.. so sorry about your condition. its good you have positive gesture towards it... mind you, you still can live longer much more than some that dont even have the virus. i pray God be with you and continue to console you..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by calberian: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2017
This some serious ish

1 Like

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Rajahbite(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:
Nope, I'm not claiming to be a saint but the truth is that I don't know how I got it and it's not relevant to me.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by dingbang(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2017
Rajahbite:

Nope, I'm not claiming to be a saint but the truth is that I don't know how I got it and it's not relevant to me.
ha.. Odiegwu

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Rajahbite(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:
ha.. Odiegwu
Hahahahaaa..... what matters to me is to educate people on how to avoid getting infected and/if already infected, how to live a healthy life despite your status

10 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by NnamdiN: 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
If you must have unprotected sex, do not run out of test kits at home. Fast and accurate

Disclaimer: it doesn't pick up recent infection i.e you still need to be careful

Order from this link. konga.com/catalog/product/view/id/2500959

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
dis is FP material...lalasticlala cum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by shege45: 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
Rajahbite:
This is my first time of posting on this forum and I pray this get to as many people as possible.
Most folks dread the thought of testing positive to HIV but it shouldn't be so. That is why it is very necessary to get tested at least once in a month.
I developed the habit of getting tested monthly (though I can beat my chest and say with pride that I am not a promiscuous fellow). But recently I skipped a couple of months in my routine for no apparent reason. The last time I got a test was mid-march so I went for a test last week and the test result came out positive. To be certain it wasn't a mistake, I went to two other places and the results were adamantly positive.
Now some people may ask who who got me infected, but that is a none-issue as far as I'm concerned . I have even stopped asking myself how I got infected because it's been more than two years since the last time I had sexual intercourse . So it can't possibly have been sexually transmitted to me, most especially as the experts say the viral load is low which means I must have been recently infected, at most not more than five or six months.
I intend to utilize my status as an HIV+ person to reach out and help as many as I can. I am already posting on Facebook what I learn from counseling programs I attend on living with the virus.
The Doctors said they have to monitor my viral load and CD4 count for some time in order to determine the best treatment program for me. I know that if I stick to the treatment program and follow the Doctors advice diligently that I'll still live a healthy life.
I use this medium to beg of everyone reading this to go for an HIV test. Knowing your status is key to helping yourself. If you are negative, please maintain all necessary prevention techniques.... avoid unprotected sex/multiple partners , don't share needles/blades (if you can afford it, get your own hair clipper) but above all, get tested regularly.
If you find out that you are positive (like me) , please don't despair. There are several HIV/AIDS centres in most hospitals across the nation where you can access help in the form of counseling and medications and these are mostly free of charge.
HIV is not a death sentence, you can still live a meaningful and healthy life despite your status.
my brother i really admire u..i wish i cld gather up courage and do mine cus am rili depressed.after an incident i had abt 6 yrs ago(although i used cd bt fell ill a week later)and coupled with d fact dat am currently battling persistent typhoid, i rili nid to do the test buh am rili scared..am scared dat i might be segregated by my family. atimes suicide cums to my mind. if i treat my self of typhoid now,it comes back in weeks...am so tired.how i wish i could meet u face to face so that i.can be motivated to do it.

27 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by NwaAmaikpe: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
shocked
OP having HIV is not the end of the world, please have a very positive outlook to life.

Then please drink two bottles of Hypo...I hear it kills the virus.

That's why my barber uses it to sterilize clippers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by kristen12(f): 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
OP, are you serious? Please how did you get it because some people with really rough lives are still free. Nawa ooooo

4 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
God can heal you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by AHCB: 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:
he probably used one of those aboki's who do manicure and pedicure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by iwadobo: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
HIV is a scam ,my brother . Stop taking the poison called ART or HART , it only destroy u for nothing. I know what Im saying oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Let me stop there.

5 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by AHCB: 8:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
All in all. Wanking_ still is the safest and best way of having sex. grin

Yea, where are those religious people. Let them come and debunk this fact! grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
Sex is the common way to get it,you didn't get untested blood transfusion, getting it through clippers is minimal, so how then did you get it

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
My dad said i will definitely Get AIDS if o have sex or even touch a woman, he said that to me like 12 years ago or so when am about to enter JSS3, Well the funny thing is i dont even care about women, all i think about is playing Video games, watching one piece & Naruto. Though i still haven't had sex even once, i did touch women like twice accidentally, though soft, it wasn't as enticing as they made it out to be in movies.

P.S I will never do any tests unless absolutely necessary both my parents showered me with blessings of a healthy life in this miserable earth

sigh......am bored

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by dalass(f): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
This positive attitude. Nice one

5 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by NwaAmaikpe: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
kristen12:
OP, are you serious? Please how did you get it because some people like me with really rough lives are still free. Nawa ooooo

Why is your life very rough....

Do you want to wait till you learn from the hard way to live right.
Kindly change now you still have the time.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by StoneLucifer: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Rajahbite:

Thanks for your story and advice. I sympathise with u but it would have been more beneficial telling us the possible way u got this infection as this will help as many people as possible take necessary precautions..Meanwhile i wish u a positive good health

15 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by oshe11: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
I think say AIDs don reign GO
Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by geekybabe(f): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lol.. is HIV a death sentence?

Some countries have a high HIV rate and they still live their lives. In South africa alone, statistics says about 6 or 7 pple out of 10 have d virus. And yet these pple get pregnant and have healthy babies dat do not have the virus. Their govt even gives them free ARVs.

Just dat in Nigeria, even the simplest malaria can look like a death sentence attimes. Govt does not seem to be bothered in anyway..

You can live your life bro. Start living and stop worrying.

3 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by ipobarecriminals: 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
sad
Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by repogirl(f): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
shege45:
my brother i really admire u..i wish i cld gather up courage and do mine cus am rili depressed.after an incident i had abt 6 yrs ago(although i used cd bt fell ill a week later)and coupled with d fact dat am currently battling persistent typhoid, i rili nid to do the test buh am rili scared..am scared dat i might be segregated by my family. atimes suicide cums to my mind. if i treat my self of typhoid now,it comes back in weeks...am so tired.how i wish i could meet u face to face so that i.can be motivated to do it.
you are worrying yourself over nothing. That you have a persistent typhoid illness doesn't mean you are HIV positive. You are probably being exposed to the typhoid causing organism, salmonella typhii, which is why it keeps coming back.

Use google and see the real symptoms associated with HIV/ AIDS. Better yet dobthe test and free your mind.

Hiv is not a death sentence. You can live a full life, marry, have kids and be normal. Stop killing yourself for nothing please.

14 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
kristen12:
OP, are you serious? Please how did you get it because some people with really rough lives are still free. Nawa ooooo
We all have different fates dear

2 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by kristen12(f): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Why is your life very rough....
Do you have a brain?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Newbiee: 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
Rajahbite:

Hahahahaaa..... what matters to me is to educate people on how to avoid getting infected and/if already infected, how to live a healthy life despite your status

But prevention is better than cure or knowing how to live with it na. Had it been you made an effort to know how you contacted it, it would have been more useful to the readers than advising them on how to live with it.
Anyway, kudos for your bravery!

6 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by DarkHenrie(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
HIV is indeed not a death sentence. All you need do is religiously stick to your drugs and eat right, you too would be surprised how healthy you'd be. Forget all talks about how you got it, that's in the past. Keep looking forward and stay strong, newbie.

5 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
Rajahbite:

Nope, I'm not claiming to be a saint but the truth is that[b] I don't know how I got it and it's not relevant to me[/b].
as much as I agree with with post up there, I disagree with th bolded. One of the steps in avoiding HIV spread is being aware of how one got infected. It will help the people around you or related to you. Who knows if it was a blade in you office of house, or a barber you patronise. This will help another person from getting infected.

17 Likes

Re: Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person. by chinedum13(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
Rajahbite:
Dear the infection now has cure
Have you heard of Synagogue church of all nation where Jesus reigns, quicken visit there and regain your healing sharp sharp and moreover acknowledge Jesus as your Lord and Savior thank me later.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian / Health Benefits Of Palm Wine / Prison Officer Commits Suicide Over Inability To Pay House Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.