Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates (29909 Views)

China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / Naira Appreciates As Demand For Dollar Gets Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by haykay2005: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
Naira appreciation my foot. Gtbank still sell above parallel market rate ( 395) while others are not selling at all due to scarcity. you can't deceive us with your lies

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by emmabest2000(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
eleojo23:
When will banks start allowing us to use our Cards for online transactions without restrictions and at affordable rates?

When Buhari recovered very well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by osazsky(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
just bring back our 1$ to 170 naira is dat too hard to do
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by youngfocus(m): 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
OK oooo
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by chukzyfcbb: 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
haykay2005:
Naira appreciation my foot. Gtbank still sell above parallel market rate ( 395) while others are not selling at all due to scarcity. you can't deceive us with your lies
lol, banks are thieves.
they did not just limit card transactions to $100 , they went further by setting a crazy exchange rate, way beyond the limits of even the bureau de change who sell at 370/$..... That's how they generate those crazy revenues annually in their report sheet. Thieves all of em banks!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by luvinhubby(m): 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
Templerun95:
Evans tribe are stupid and pathetic
They will kidnap our dollar note now
People of chukwudubemuuuu angry

You get sense at all? sad
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Templerun95(f): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
luvinhubby:

You get sense at all? sad
ure a fool cry
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by wadetaw202: 11:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
Aikayy:
Evans is a Biafran like me. But unlike me, he is a criminal. AMA PROUD BIAFRAN! !

Don't worry bro. Criminals are found everywhere. North o, south o, east o, Midwest o, every region has its fair share of criminals.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
The title is misleading.

This is not about issuing dollar loans, but raising Eurobonds, which is a debt finance option for banks. WHat they then choose to do with the raised funds is not what the banks have disclosed yet.

And I can only see UBA issuing such Eurobonds. How does this translate to "Banks", like it's most of the banks in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 19, 2017
Boss13:
I was expecting this. Banks with foreign denominated loans have no choice than to raise FX finance to pay their debts. I expect more Banks to rush to the Euromarket to raise funds. This might actually be a good time for them in view of the depressed yield in the Euromarket for Corporate Eurobonds. Yields should be between 7 - 8% at least.

This will further drive the naira up due to increase supply of FX

But then what sense does it make for a bank to issue Eurobonds to repay their debt? Eurobonds still come with its own interest repayment, hence they'll not only be repaying on past loans but also on the new lonas. Seeing the state of Nigeria currently, I'm sure such funds will come at a high rate to the banks.

The raised funds better be for something else.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Iamwrath: 12:13am On Jun 19, 2017
o pay me oo
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by abels(m): 12:58am On Jun 19, 2017
Addicted2Women:

My cousin who lives in London just told me about Buhari

My God, let this story not be true

I will break the news at the right time
.. Day don break
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 19, 2017
sampark201:

How does this make a paint rubber of Garri N350 as it was before?? i am not understanding

How can you make the Naira appreciate? If garri is your problem, come and take one sack.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by 4Play(m): 1:58am On Jun 19, 2017
masonkz:

But then what sense does it make for a bank to issue Eurobonds to repay their debt? Eurobonds still come with its own interest repayment, hence they'll not only be repaying on past loans but also on the new lonas. Seeing the state of Nigeria currently, I'm sure such funds will come at a high rate to the banks.

The raised funds better be for something else.

I suspect they don't have enough in reserves to pay the debt upon maturity.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by IdeyFindWife: 3:51am On Jun 19, 2017
Addicted2Women:

My cousin who lives in London just told me about Buhari

My God, let this story not be true

I will break the news at the right time

We don hear am already say di guy nor sick, just dey hide from the mess he made say dem don dey sneak olosho for am to kpansh where he dey "recuperate" dia already say na olosho he dey take test if hin good health don return well-well...white, black, indian, arabian olosho ontop naija taxpayer's money grin cool

NB
Guy, wich oda news wan break wey pass say e don pai? Abi, dem don transplant beta brain for am?! Guy, wey ur cousin dey work? E get proximity to am? See, if ur cousin get real leak, make e drop am. Verified one o?
Otherwise, the cruxifixion nairaland zombies go give u here alone go finish yhu even if yhu be cat wey get 9 lives.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by diva90: 4:12am On Jun 19, 2017
eleojo23:
When will banks start allowing us to use our Cards for online transactions without restrictions and at affordable rates?

I know! Very overdue

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by bigtt76(f): 4:41am On Jun 19, 2017
Na so! They should lift the limits on Master Card Naira first. Useless people

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by shevon: 5:19am On Jun 19, 2017
eleojo23:
I tire for the matter. Make dem even say we asking for unrestricted online transactions is too much, peg it at $500-$1000, we go still appreciate am than this yeye $100 a month whey no reach to buy anything.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by valandy99(m): 5:30am On Jun 19, 2017
eleojo23:
seriously.. The thing they vex me. Diamond Bank debit card no dey work At all, even at high rate
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Nobody: 5:33am On Jun 19, 2017
eleojo23:

What kind of online transactions.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by nothernstar: 6:46am On Jun 19, 2017
With all these stories, local lending rate still remain high. Pls govt should help reduce lending rate.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 19, 2017
eleojo23:

This should be when CBN accepts dollar settlements at official rate for used Nigerian cards in overseas.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Oladipo1166(m): 8:52am On Jun 19, 2017
pls can sum1 explain 2 me, I don't understand the post.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by shevon: 5:11am On Jul 12, 2017
eleojo23:
Ope o!!!! I just got an email from GTB that the limit has been increased from $100 to $1000 a month!

Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by eleojo23: 6:01am On Jul 12, 2017
shevon:

Ope o!!!! I just got an email from GTB that the limit has been increased from $100 to $1000 a month!

Yeah...its true

We are waiting for them to reduce the exchange rate as well...
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by sampark201: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dreamwaker:

How can you make the Naira appreciate? If garri is your problem, come and take one sack.

May God himself way your Dream up .. because i see say your dream still dey sleep ... Sorry them dey call you for back ..
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
sampark201:

May God himself way your Dream up .. because i see say your dream still dey sleep ... Sorry them dey call you for back ..

Could you speak proper English, I cannot understand what you are trying to say.
Re: Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates by sampark201: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
I see say ... Blog dey make you disrespect your elders... i see you way english don help .. as he be say na your first language ... Oba Eran

Dreamwaker:

Could you speak proper English, I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Begins Reconstruction Of Wharf Road, Apapa (photos) / Which Is The Best Bank For Students In Nigeria? / Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.