Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Between Covenant University And American University Of Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Covenant University And American University Of Nigeria (1409 Views)

Covenant University Sex Scandal: Photos, Audio Of Adooh Emmanuel / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Covenant University And American University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
I had 285 in Jamb and i chose CU as my first choice and AUN as my second choice, i am pretty confident both schools would pick me but i would like to sample your opinion on both schools as i am really double-minded at this stage.

Also apart from tuition i would like to know the monthly living cost in both Universities.

I wouldn't mind Alumni from both Institutions giving me an unbiased and undiluted profile of each institution. Thank you

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Chiefolododo bizme statsocial TheVictorious Pedagogue standing5
Re: Between Covenant University And American University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lol you quoted pedagogue - an hater of private universities grin

Well i would try to be as objective as possible. I think the appropriate question in this case would be "which one is right for you?" Because both unis are quite good. But You need to first consider whether you want a religious-themed university education. If you do then we can proceed to compare tuition. I hope you understand that the tuition for CU and AUN are quite different by a wide margin. CU pays less than a million while AUN pays above 2 million which means there are people who attend CU who can't attend AUN because of cost.
As for living cost, I would spend about 25k - 35k a month when I was in CU and that would usually get me food in the morning and evening while I use noodles to compensate for the remaining times(amongst other miscellaneous spendings) but then still Mk findings as there has been inflation so naturally the price of food items must have increased. Ladies also had a naturally higher budget.

I think the only major difference between CU and AUN is that CU is a research based private university. AUN is also moving towards aggressive research but hasn't gotten there yet.
Re: Between Covenant University And American University Of Nigeria by chiefolododo(m): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
I advice you to choose CU. CU is ranked above AUN , CU's tuition fee is not as high as that of AUN ,location is another factor you should consider.BEST OF LUCK ANYWAYS

Mirand606:
I had 285 in Jamb and i chose CU as my first choice and AUN as my second choice, i am pretty confident both schools would pick me but i would like to sample your opinion on both schools as i am really double-minded at this stage.

Also apart from tuition i would like to know the monthly living cost in both Universities.

I wouldn't mind Alumni from both Institutions giving me an unbiased and undiluted profile of each institution. Thank you

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Chiefolododo bizme statsocial TheVictorious Pedagogue standing5

1 Like

Re: Between Covenant University And American University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
Goodluck
Re: Between Covenant University And American University Of Nigeria by Pedagogue: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Statsocial post=]Lol you quoted pedagogue - an hater of private universities grin

Well i would try to be as objective as possible. I think the appropriate question in this case would be "which one is right for you?" Because both unis are quite good. But You need to first consider whether you want a religious-themed university education. If you do then we can proceed to compare tuitio[img]n. I hope you understand that the tuition for CU and AUN are quite different by a wide margin. CU pays less than a million while AUN pays above 2 million which means there are people who attend CU who can't attend AUN because of cost.
As for living cost, I would spend about 25k - 35k a month when I was in CU and that would usually get me food in the morning and evening while I use noodles to compensate for the remaining times(amongst other miscellaneous spendings) but then still Mk findings as there has been inflation so naturally the price of food items must have increased. Ladies also had a naturally higher budget.

I think the only major difference between CU and AUN is that CU is a research based private university. AUN is also moving towards aggressive research but hasn't gotten there yet.

@Statsocial..*[H]ater of private Universities... lol ;
My initial reaction would have been to demand an unreserved apology �for the unsolicited 'award' cheesy, but I love you with the love of God.

Besides, I don't hate private Universities; especially your Covenant Uni. I can't afford to hate CU. My siblings graduated from CU with First Class Honours. So, you see, I don't hate private universities, particularly your CU! My criticism is always based on objectivity and a dualist understanding of private and FG Universities.

@Mirand606, I know both Universities quite well, so my opinion may be of interest to you-That's if you've not made a decision.

AUN is the closest thing to an American University in Nigeria. In fact, it has an unwritten rule that you must have a foreign certificate (at Undergrad or Masters or PhD level) before you can be employed as a lecturer.

Weak: 1.Your social life will likely suck if you can't speak Hausa language and not a Muslim. 2. There's less emphasis on academic values and hands-on research. 3. Location.

Covenant: What may interest you about CU is the probability of success. If you are conformable enough to obey all rules and put in your best efforts to your studies, you will graduate with a First. Another positive thing is the location of the Uni.

Weak: 1. Utterly barbaric rules I.e phones and phone accessories are prohibited . 2. You will be FORCED to serve God/attend Church activities. 3.Less emphasis on academic virtues and values.

Tuition : No significant difference.

@Lalasticlala, pls move to the FP for the Op to get more opinions.

Regards.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What The Current Minister Of Education Says About ASUU Strike In The Past / Study On Affordable Tuition At Seneca College, Canada / 2018/2019 Jamb Aspirants Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.