Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! (3240 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Return: There Is A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki / There Is No Dr. Ismaila Farouk: Re: Northern Elite Blasts Osinbajo / Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tomakint: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2017
This is my problem with Nigeria.
Two kids were born August 31st, 1980, one in Kano (Abdul) another in Enugu (Emeka). They go to primary school in those areas and get to Primary 6, now the twist begins. They both take Federal Common Entrance, Emeka scores 168/200 and Abdul 16/200. For some silly quota system, they both end up in the same class at Federal Government College, Enugu (FGCE). Emeka continues to come 1st-3rd in the class of 30 and Abdul 25-29th/30. 6 years later, WASCE and JAMB are taken. Emeka had 6As and 2Cs (WASCE) and 286/400 (JAMB) while Abdul had 5Cs and 2Ps and 106/400 in JAMB.

Again by a warped and weird stroke they end up in the same Law Faculty in University of Nigeria, Enugu campus. 5years later Emeka graduates with 2-1 and Abdul with a Pass! Emeka is done with Law school at Abuja - No Job after NYSC. Abdul as soon as he gets out of Abuja Law school then one year NYSC gets a job as a Magistrate at the Federal Magistrate Court Abuja, 2 years later he is promoted as a Judge. Emeka still struggling, decides to join some Trio Igbo Law outfit in Abuja as a junior lawyer. 5 years later he is still carrying files and coming to defend low level cases at Abdul's court.

Now, you are Emeka or Emeka's relative, kit and kin, will you want Nigeria to continue like this. No way! That's the problem with Nigeria as it is. It's strongly skewed to the advantage of a particular ethnic group in Nigeria and cannot continue. Plain and Simple!!!
- Ikem Ikechukwu

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2017
tomakint:
Two kids are born August 31st, 1980, one in Kano (Abdul) another in Enugu (Emeka). They go to primary school in those areas and get to Primary 6, now the twist begins. They both take Federal Common Entrance, Emeka scores 168/200 and Abdul 16/200. For some silly quota system, they both end up in the same class at Federal Government College, Enugu (FGCE). Emeka continues to come 1st-3rd in the class of 30 and Abdul 25-29th/30. 6 years later, WASCE and JAMB are taken. Emeka had 6As and 2Cs (WASCE) and 286/400 (JAMB) while Abdul had 5Cs and 2Ps and 106/400 in JAMB.

Again by a warped and weird stroke they end up in the same Law Faculty in University of Nigeria, Enugu campus. 5years later Emeka graduates with 2-1 and Abdul with a Pass! Emeka is done with Law school at Abuja - No Job after NYSC. Abdul as soon as he gets out of Abuja Law school then one year NYSC gets a job as a Magistrate at the Federal Magistrate Court Abuja, 2 years later he is promoted as a Judge. Emeka still struggling, decides to join some Trio Igbo Law outfit in Abuja as a junior lawyer. 5 years later he is still carrying files and coming to defend low level cases at Abdul's court.

Now, you are Emeka or Emeka's relative, kit and kin, will you want Nigeria to continue like this. No way! That's the problem with Nigeria as it is. It's strongly skewed to the advantage of a particular ethnic group in Nigeria and cannot continue. Plain and Simple!!!
- Ikem Ikechukwu
THAT IS THE UNFORTUNATE SITUATION IN NIGERIA. AND SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT THEY CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THE INJUSTICE

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by ogologoamu: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2017
The way the North holds Nigeria captive is amazing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tomakint: 10:33am On Jun 19, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
THAT IS THE UNFORTUNATE SITUATION IN NIGERIA. AND SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT THEY CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THE INJUSTICE
Nigeria is one huge joke my brother. So many things need to be fixed for us to move forward especially this nonsense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2017
You almost explained my case....!!

It's extreme when Emeka and Abdul were both born in Sokoto or Onitsha same time but eventually treated same as u just said.

Same school, same teachers but treated preferentially..

This happens all the times only in ZOO...

11 Likes

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by Physicist(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2017
What is more absurd is that Emeka (Igbo) born and bred and educated in Kano cannot claim quota system and educational less developed status. However, Abdul (Hausa or any other Northerner), born and bred in Enugu can claim quota system and educational less developed state.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by ShootToKill: 11:07am On Jun 19, 2017
The zoo for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2017
The system favours the North more which is the reason they want the status quo to be maintained.
Nigeria can't continue this way.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tollyboy5(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2017
This is very wrong must we pay the price for others stupidity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by asksteve(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2017
Everybody cries of marginalisation while d actual ones being marginalised stare at each oda without uttering a word. Cos d east, west n even d same north cries of being marginalized

Tell me who is marginalising who?

If d so called major groups r crying marginalisation, wat will d minorities say?

I remember writing common entrance in d 80's scoring something good n no admission while ppl dat scored even 150 less dan me got admitted.

Funny country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by mars123(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
It is complete nonsense. Not in this century. Any society that wants to reach the promise land must place MERIT above everything.

An employee in an Israeli government establishment once asked his employer ''why are you my boss and the reverse not the case?''

This attitude to credentials, qualifications, merit, shows why Israel is one of the most advanced nations in the world.

This bullish needs to stop. If we are one nation, show it in the constitution. I recommend a massive constitution amendment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is the problem we are facing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by Parishpriest: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Aptly written.
Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tomakint: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
The Northern Elite Class were structured and positioned this parasitic way by the British Colonial Masters it is up to us (Southerners) to resist this bullcrap once and for all.

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by jpphilips(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
Instead of challenging it in court you are busy whining, good luck with your Biafra

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tomakint: 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
jpphilips:
Instead of challenging it in court you are busy whining, good luck with your Biafra
Court? Are you for real? It seems you are not in tune with reality since this administration came in, mention one occasion that the rule of law was obeyed by this clownish administration. Pick the realities in those write-ups and stop whining.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by Ratello: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
A region (Northwest) that least contributes to the structural and mental developments of this great country will just sit down in one place and start dictating who gets what and that, what type of rubbish is this?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by ephi321(f): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
mars123:
It is complete nonsense. Not in this century. Any society that wants to reach the promise land must place MERIT above everything.

An employee in an Israeli government establishment once asked his employer ''why are you my boss and the reverse not the case?''

This attitude to credentials, qualifications, merit, shows why Israel is one of the most advanced nations in the world.

This bullish needs to stop. If we are one nation, show it in the constitution. I recommend a massive constitution amendment

And other functional well-run societies. It's an abnormal thing going on in Nigeria where merit takes a back seat. Very abnormal.

3 Likes

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by KevinDein: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
A non issue.

The northerners just told you to go form your flawless country devoid of quota system.

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tomakint: 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
Physicist:
What is more absurd is that Emeka (Igbo) born and bred and educated in Kano cannot claim quota system and educational less developed status. However, Abdul (Hausa or any other Northerner), born and bred in Enugu can claim quota system and educational less developed state.
You have said it all bro

1 Like

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tomakint: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2017
KevinDein:
A non issue.

The northerners just told you to go form your flawless country devoid of quota system.

I perceive that you are a mallam perhaps a funky one for that matter.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by seanet02: 1:17am On Jun 26, 2017
tomakint:
The Northern Elite Class were structured and positioned this parasitic way by the British Colonial Masters it is up to us (Southerners) to resist this bullcrap once and for all.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Tomakint I respect you a lot.
Please can you tell me how we ended up in a Unitary system?
Who and who changed Nigeria from federal system to Unitary system?
Tell will Abdul have been able to override Sola if Western Region is still in place and controls the admission policy into OAU and Western. universities?

1 Like

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by tomakint: 1:23am On Jun 26, 2017
seanet02:
Tomakint I respect you a lot.
Please can you tell me how we ended up in a Unitary system?
Who and who changed Nigeria from federal system to Unitary system?
Tell will Abdul have been able to override Sola if Western Region is still in place and controls the admission policy into OAU and Western. universities?
Aguiyi Ironsi test run with it briefly and was part of the reasons the northern coupists struck but my dear brother what stops Gowon, Murtala, Obasanjo and others from switching us back to the Regionalism mode if Unitary System was that bad. seanet02, don't be deceived, we are still running Nigeria with a HYBRID UNITARY SYSTEM and no where near Federalism we keep chanting. I blame Gowon and others more for this.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by kenny987(f): 1:34am On Jun 26, 2017
jpphilips:

Olisa Agbakoba, SAN has successfully challenged it and got judgment in the federal high court yet the almighty FG neither appealed nor implemented the ruling of the court.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/court-orders-uniform-cut-mark-unity-schools/

A country that cannot obey its own courts, what is it a country for?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by gberra: 3:37am On Jun 26, 2017
kenny987:

Olisa Agbakoba, SAN has successfully challenged it and got judgment in the federal high court yet the almighty FG neither appealed nor implemented the ruling of the court.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/court-orders-uniform-cut-mark-unity-schools/

A country that cannot obey its own courts, what is it a country for?
Jonathan would not obey the verdict being that he and his Igbo mercenaries flanked around his administration were having a field day enjoying the benefits of quota system, appointing & deploying their kinsmen in various sectors as it were.

1 Like

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by OAFMods: 3:45am On Jun 26, 2017
It is sickening see Igbo's whine about everything in Nigeria. Quota is found in various degree all over the world. You simply do not abandoned a member of your team because they are lacking. What is required is proffering a solution that will not slow the front runner down but at the same time will speed up the rate of those lacking behind so they can catch up n no know phool should tell me that is not possible. When it is time to share the national cake there is no rancour BTW the south n the north so when the south also need to put in place standard to develop the north there should be none. If that lead to any dispute the south should wait till when to share the national cake n hold the north to ransom. Case solved instead of Igbo daily lamentation. If that does not do the trick for you simply try ignorance by reducing your cut marks and allow yourself to be rated as less privilege state in education. Leave your cut of at 5 but whatever you do just let us have peace your noise is sickening.
Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by vedaxcool(m): 5:26am On Jun 26, 2017
[s]
tomakint:
Two kids were born August 31st, 1980, one in Kano (Abdul) another in Enugu (Emeka). They go to primary school in those areas and get to Primary 6, now the twist begins. They both take Federal Common Entrance, Emeka scores 168/200 and Abdul 16/200. For some silly quota system, they both end up in the same class at Federal Government College, Enugu (FGCE). Emeka continues to come 1st-3rd in the class of 30 and Abdul 25-29th/30. 6 years later, WASCE and JAMB are taken. Emeka had 6As and 2Cs (WASCE) and 286/400 (JAMB) while Abdul had 5Cs and 2Ps and 106/400 in JAMB.

- Ikem Ikechukwu
[/s]

Yet with tge same lieful mouth you would demand for an igbo presidency or argue that the North had dominated the presidency.... Isn't that quota system? You want merit system for the masses and quota system for yout elite and you think your obvious hypocrisy will be used as a basis for reforms? Nigeria cannot reform based on hypocrisies that seeks to dominate others by blackmail. Imo a small state in comparison to others currently has the highest number of civil servants in the FG yet the greediness has prevented you from acknowledging this.

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by kenny987(f): 7:54am On Jun 26, 2017
gberra:
Jonathan would not obey the verdict being that he and his Igbo mercenaries flanked around his administration were having a field day enjoying the benefits of quota system, appointing & deploying their kinsmen in various sectors as it were.

Governance is ad continuum and successive governments are expected to build on existing good policies and correct or introduce others when needed. That said, the failure of governance which translates to the injustice, inequalities and whatnot is what powers the desire to break away since there's no change in sight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by gberra: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2017
kenny987:

Governance is ad continuum and successive governments are expected to build on existing good policies and correct or introduce others when needed. That said, the failure of governance which translates to the injustice, inequalities and whatnot is what powers the desire to break away since there's no change in sight.
Unfortunately, your perspective do not support your claim. But of course you are coming from the perspective of hate. If this administration realized that government is a continuum & would make attempt to implement the new educational curriculum of the last administration, yet it generated as much insults from those that hate this administration, how else could you have hated its gut.
The title give y'all away, "Northern elites" as though the "Southern elites "do not have their own share of the quota.
Hate on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by todayboy: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2017
gberra:
Unfortunately, your perspective do not support your claim. But of course you are coming from the perspective of hate. If this administration realized that government is a continuum & would make attempt to implement the new educational curriculum of the last administration, yet it generated as much insults from those that hate this administration, how else could you have hated its gut.
The title give y'all away, "Northern elites" as though the "Southern elites "do not have their own share of the quota.
Hate on!

The almajiri have arrived
Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by iaamxavier(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2017
I (anambra) can relate like die I had 75/100 in post ume to study mbbs last year I wasn't consider but abdulkareem from Kaduna had 69 was given up till today it burns me in my heart whenever I think of it

This Quota system is a scam
Everything in life should be based by merits that's one of the reason we have problems in this country!
Re: The Evil Called Quota System As Perpetrated By The Northern Elite Class! by gberra: 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
todayboy:

The almajiri have arrived
You are too dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evans Can Still Beat Kidnapping Charges In Court / Warning!! Python and Cobra Dancing (Nigeria Break Up inevitably lies Ahead) / Breaking: Apprehension As Masked Armed Thug Take Over Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.