Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) (19712 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce And His Children Pose With Guns (Photos) / Evelyn Murray-Bruce Is Dead! Cancer Kills Ben Murray Bruce's Wife / Ben Murray Bruce Tweets On Education And Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Sunnynwa: 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
The way Nigeria is currently structured is conducive for wealth sharing and laziness and not conducive to wealth creation and productivity!

Quota system killed Nigeria Airways, Nitel, NEPA and co. Will we wait until quota system kills what is rest of Nigeria before we kill it?

Give those in support of quota system the choice of being operated by a quota system doctor and a merit one and see which one they choose!

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/854084549944397824

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Cekpo34(m): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
Only God knows how deep we are wallowing in the cesspit of two obnoxious policies in Nigeria
(1) Quota System
(2) The retrenchment of 10,000 polished civil servants in the 1980s to accommodate some scalawags

We shall never recover... Suffocation is sure but I will surely survive grin

32 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by oduastates: 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
This guy and his "no get sense" tweets .

Any multicultural, multi ethnic nation or organisation has to continue do ethnic balancing in all considerations.
You either do it or perish.
Nigeria has refused to restructure and we have no minimum acceptable standards.
The MSS is definitely too low .
otherwise, this clown would not have gone as far as he has

13 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Cekpo34(m): 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
oduastates:
This guy no get sense . he should pick up sociology or historical book . Any multicultural, multi ethnic nation or organisation has to continue do ethnic balancing in all consideration.
You have to do it or perish.

Baldardash! Reasoning like this has kept us where we are today. So your definition of ethnic balancing is putting a square peg in a round whole?

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Dcomrade(m): 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2017
To calm nerves and see if this tweet is actually common sense or pure nonsense, let's do a poll.

Like if you support his tweet and it's common sense . cheesy

Share if you don't support his tweet and it's purely nonsense cry

232 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Sunnynwa: 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
oduastates:
This guy and "no get sense" tweets .

Any multicultural, multi ethnic nation or organisation has to continue do ethnic balancing in all considerations.

Presented with a "merit" surgeon and a "quota system" surgeon in a theatre, who will you choose to operate on you?

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Sunnynwa: 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
Dcomrade:
To calm nerves and see if this tweet is actually common sense or pure nonsense, let's do a poll.

Like if you support his tweet and it's common sense . cheesy

Share if you don't support his tweet and it's purely nonsense cry

Like if you'd chose a "merit" surgeon to operate on you

Share if you'd choose a quota system surgeon to operate on you.

179 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Dcomrade(m): 12:01am On Apr 18, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Like if you'd chose a "merit" surgeon to operate on you

Share if you'd choose a quota system surgeon to operate on you.
It's like bro.. ..wld luv to copy and replace my lines with yours instead grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by igwebuike01: 12:03am On Apr 18, 2017
oduastates:

coming from a hypocrite who supported buhari when he clearly refused to do ethnic balancing in his appointments. Political appointments is actually where such ethnic balancing should be done not in the academia or any other field that is subjected to tests and exams. Why is Buhari running to London for treatment, why not get treatment from his quota system doctors in aso rock??

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by igbozionism(m): 12:12am On Apr 18, 2017
Bubu and his problems

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:30am On Apr 18, 2017
oduastates:

Abeg wetin be MSS?

9 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Blue3k(m): 12:53am On Apr 18, 2017
Quota system aka Affairnative action always implies someone not best but simply best in their catagory weather it be ethnic, racial or sex.

I'd recommend Tommas Sowell to them.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by gberra: 2:18am On Apr 18, 2017
Cekpo34:
Only God knows how deep we are wallowing in the cesspit of two obnoxious policies in Nigeria
(1) Quota System
(2) [/b]The retrenchment of 10,000 polished civil servants [b]in the 1980s to accommodate some scalawags

We shall never recover... Suffocation is sure but I will surely survive grin
You're obviously a kid if you don't know why there was a massive retrenchment in the 80s.

You may as a matter of choice ask the Igbo extraction to stop producing their own share of the quota, then we consider you serious.

Igbos always cry embarassed
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by gberra: 2:23am On Apr 18, 2017
Blue3k:
Quota system aka Affairnative action always implies someone not best but simply best in their catagory weather it be ethnic, racial or sex.

The more reason there is a provision for Training & Human Capital Development in various MDAs across Mixed class abilities.

The smiling one cheesy
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Sunnynwa: 2:48am On Apr 18, 2017
Blue3k:

Even if that person scores 2/200 ie 1% in the case of Yobe state in the National unity schools common entrance exam?

13 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Swizdoe(m): 3:06am On Apr 18, 2017
The funny thing is you rarely see a northerner leave Nigeria in search of greener pasture abroad because what these parasites gain from this fraud called Nigeria far greener than the pasture southerners are looking for abroad....

I smh when I see Yorubas claiming one Nigeria, you guys are doing yourself. We all saw what the tribalist and divisive Buhari did by putting all the forces in the hands of his northern brothers.. Then giving you firs and tourism lol

Melaye is a product of the unbalanced system and see how he is constituting nuisance. It's funny a professor of law serving under a man with a missing secondary school certificate. If Buhari were a Yoruba man, I can bet my a** it will be difficult for him to smell a councillorship seat in the southwest

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Cornel101: 6:00am On Apr 18, 2017
I ve long lost my respect for this man.what has he done as a senator to stop it,or is tweeting for us who ve wardrobe allowance to do what?attention seekers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by oduastates: 6:36am On Apr 18, 2017
Nigeria needs restructuring so that every ethnic nationality can deal with their respective mediocrity .
The system breeds mediocrity and this man is an example of such mediocrity. I pull no punches from anybody. It is not by useless papers (degrees) . It is by the attitude and no current Nigerian politician has that revolutionary attitude .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Cekpo34(m): 6:54am On Apr 18, 2017
gberra:
You're obviously a kid if you don't know why there was a massive retrenchment in the 80s.

You may as a matter of choice ask the Igbo extraction to stop producing their own share of the quota, then we consider you serious.

Igbos always cry embarassed

No doubt I was a kid but with my historical acumens, you can't cajole me to thinking you have a point. Even the author of your prestigious "The Accidental Civil Servant" mocks such gestures. These were British-trained civil servants who knew their onions. Until we tell ourselves the truth, Nigeria remains hopeless

17 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by jude90(m): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2017
Welcome to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by mrvitalis(m): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2017
First of all am not disappointed Bruce doesn't understand the idea behind quota system

Quota system is not perfect but its the best we can do for now ...
Hypocrisy is when u complain about quota system but get angry when they want to remove state of origin and replace it with state of birth

Do we have quota system in the super eagles ?? Do we ?? This guy is ignorant I swear ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by three: 7:42am On Apr 18, 2017
Quota system should ensure all 'competent' ethnicities in Nigeria have a chance at developing or contributing to development.

It is not for incompetent persons to employ their ethnicity to gain advantage over better more competent people.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by vedaxcool(m): 8:01am On Apr 18, 2017
We can still recall recently Anambra sacked 6000 workers for forgery of certificates. ... when the fools and savage idiots talk about quota system. ..they pretend that it automatically means giving people from the north unmerited positions. Let us remember that whenever a position eludes hypocrites like moroonu bruce they begin to talk of Federal Character not Quota system. ... The constitution only speaks of Federal Character but the two faced clowns keep playing fast and loose with words. The Federal Character System simply requires fair representation of qualified members of constintuent segments of Nigeria populations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Chidi4u(m): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2017
Quota system is for failures and intellectual misfits.Competition is the driving force of Excellence.Those who cannot compete are nothing but retrogressive and are at best a negative albatross to a progress.

15 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by sapientia(m): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2017
no comment.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by ayindejimmy(m): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2017
Quota system is not the problem but we have failed to give it a standard.
If we have Quota System with a high standard it'll allow the best brains from any ethnic to be taken.

Don't tell me there's any ethnic in Nigeria that has 100% dull people.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 18, 2017
In as much as I am not in support of quota system , Mr Ben's statement is not entirely correct and somewhat misleading.

Quota system can get you into medical school but I don't think quota system will "graduate" you.

There are a lot of people that got into med school based on merit and still sucks at their jobd.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by ZombieTERROR: 9:02am On Apr 18, 2017
vedaxcool:
We can still recall recently Anambra sacked 6000 workers for forgery of certificates. ... when the fools and savage idiots talk about quota system. ..they pretend that it automatically means giving people from the north unmerited positions. Let us remember that whenever a position eludes hypocrites like moroonu bruce they begin to talk of Federal Character not Quota system. ... The constitution only speaks of Federal Character but the two faced clowns keep playing fast and loose with words. The Federal Character System simply requires fair representation of qualified members of constintuent segments of Nigeria populations.
From the way this guy is rambling
One might think he is a northerner or a benefactor of the said quota system

This guy is a Yoruba Muslim
Doing his early morning duty of defending the Fulani caliphate on social media and anywhere else

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by donmalcolm21(m): 9:09am On Apr 18, 2017
grin You were really ghit from all angles by thos guys. Will you allow a quota system doctor oerate on your wife that needs surgery?
oduastates:
Nigeria needs restructuring so that every ethnic nationality can deal with their respective mediocrity .
The system breeds mediocrity and this man is an example of such mediocrity. I pull no punches from anybody. It is not by useless papers (degrees) . It is by the attitude and no current Nigerian politician has that revolutionary attitude .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by donmalcolm21(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2017
mrvitalis:
First of all am not disappointed Bruce doesn't understand the idea behind quota system

Quota system is not perfect but its the best we can do for now ...
Hypocrisy is when u complain about quota system but get angry when they want to remove state of origin and replace it with state of birth

Do we have quota system in the super eagles ?? Do we ?? This guy is ignorant I swear ...
Your post is contradictory and full of ignorance so

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) by mrvitalis(m): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Your post is contradictory and full of ignorance so

U don't expect me to write something someone like u will understand ...its too high for u

We have were quota system is applied ...examples in admission not in graduation ,federal jobs intake but not in promotion ...not in talent driven fields ...please if u don't understand something don't talk about it

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Next List Of Looters Will Shock Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Zulum And Shettima Did Not Visit Abba Kyari - Aide Clarifies / FG Shortlists Bidders For 12 Highways In Lagos, Kano, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.