Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Berger Paints Sacks All Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Berger Paints Sacks All Staff (30469 Views)

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide / Ongoing Protest At Berger Paints PLC Against Management Over Gratuity (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by louso(m): 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
Immanent contradiction of underdevelopment, bayo ninolowo
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
gist212:

All staff of Berger Paints have been dismissed. Information has it that, The staffs are said to have been on strike for the past 2 weeks because of the new living wage implemented by the company.

The new wage stops gratuity payment and adds the money to staff’s monthly salary, so that upon retirement, you get no gratuity. The new policy was said to have been implemented in 2015, which was used to create an impression of Salary increment.

Reports also has it that the management didn’t consult the staff on the matter before its implementation.

The staffs got to know about the policy recently this 2017, and then proceeded with the strike.

They have now been sacked and told to reapply if they are still interested in working for the company.

Source: http://www.primebazemedia.com/national/berger-paints-allegedly-sacks-staff/
Recession is really biting hard.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Bodkem(m): 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dis post was a rape of Justice because it was d opposite of what is happening.
1stly, Berger Mgt stopped their workers Gratuity in contrary to signed agreement n without informing them nor notifying d appropriate Union bodies.
2ndly, despite d Ministry of Labour, CAMPEF & National Union body agreement of 24th April, dey r still adamant to reverse their illegal Stoppage.
Moreso, MD & HR of d company r not knowledgeable in Industrial Relation matters because dey clueless, Visionless & Brainless to run such big organization.
Finally, they only posted d sack threat today because their workers has demanded that d Board of Directors, MD & HR should goooo.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Raddie(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
And who where the retards in charge of their union affairs, that it took them this long to realise this. Blacks inhumanity to Blacks!
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by InvertedHammer: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
chloride6:

So why not come clean with the staff before embarking on such a measure. The shameless company lied to the staff that their salaries were increased only to say something else almost 2 years later.

Who does that?

Mr man, if you can not answer the following questions do not quote me again.

Why cant the company keep it too? Is there a shortage of accounts?

2. The report has not spoken about gratuity that should have accrued as a result the years worked before the new policy. Is that to be forgotten by the staff?

3. Can we ascertain if the increment actually corresponds to the right amount of gratuity owed per year? Is it Inflation adjusted?

4. Can we be sure this is not a gimmick by the management not to increase salaries as staff may be due for salary increment?

The taste of the pudding is in the eating. Now they have no jobs. I wish them luck. If they truly understand the environment they live in, they would have reacted better. They went to war with wrong ammunition. By the way, since you had it figured it....where is NLC in all these discussions?

I thought the issue was salaries in arrears as is common in Nigeria. No. They were being paid as earned. Unbelievable! Their problem is that they are being paid gratuities that are "not guaranteed" to be paid in future.
I hope they will be recalled. It is rough out there.

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by TinaAnita(f): 12:25am On Jun 20, 2017
This is too bad
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Samcoflex75(m): 5:31am On Jun 20, 2017
Why are they crying wolf over that, we have many pension fund administrators in the country that they can safe their money with, the management of Guiness has implemented this policy a long time ago, they discovered that at retirement the staff dont make good use of the gratuity instead they spend it recklessly, so they decided that their salary is paid in full
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Abibe4u: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2017
akanbiaa:
They were even enjoying that gratuity was added to main salary, people who can plan and manage resources well will have no problem if they have endured it, because there are organization that despite removing gratuity from your salary for many years after retirement you will wait endlessly for it, its either been stolen or used for other things.
Don't say what U don't know, No mone was added to their salary, I have a friend working for the company, he said since the current MD came in 2015 things took downward trend, all company's assets has been sold including all their depots Pan-Nigeria all in the name of building an automated factory for them in other not borrow yet he (MD)claimed that the money raised from asset sales is still not enough yet he still resort to borrowing from bank, all his ( MD ) policies are anti-staff, this was what he did at vital foam as their head of sales which lead to the company's profit nose driving and he was sent packing before he killed the comoany, he came from there to become Berger Paints MD in 2015.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by smileyoo: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2017
recession in nigeria is real, its not just a word, but an evil gift from this apc govt to nigerians.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2017
Bodkem:
Dis post was a rape of Justice because it was d opposite of what is happening.
1stly, Berger Mgt stopped their workers Gratuity in contrary to signed agreement n without informing them nor notifying d appropriate Union bodies.
2ndly, despite d Ministry of Labour, CAMPEF & National Union body agreement of 24th April, dey r still adamant to reverse their illegal Stoppage.
Moreso, MD & HR of d company r not knowledgeable in Industrial Relation matters because dey clueless, Visionless & Brainless to run such big organization.
Finally, they only posted d sack threat today because their workers has demanded that d Board of Directors, MD & HR should goooo.

Is it compulsory to continue working in a place where the management is brainless, clueless and visionless. I think that aberration provides the right opportunity for you to start your own company.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by akanbiaa(m): 9:49am On Jun 20, 2017
Abibe4u:

Don't say what U don't know, No mone was added to their salary, I have a friend working for the company, he said since the current MD came in 2015 things took downward trend, all company's assets has been sold including all their depots Pan-Nigeria all in the name of building an automated factory for them in other not borrow yet he (MD)claimed that the money raised from asset sales is still not enough yet he still resort to borrowing from bank, all his ( MD ) policies are anti-staff, this was what he did at vital foam as their head of sales which lead to the company's profit nose driving and he was sent packing before he killed the comoany, he came from there to become Berger Paints MD in 2015.
OK I understand now, so is it that they will employ other set of people and pay them lesser or no employment for now and they are not recalling sacked staff?
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by daviesblaze(m): 11:14am On May 23, 2018
Bigmex:

Hmm. I actually got an offer from the coy early this year but i shenked it cos i was loving wer i am presently. so bro tell me, how terrible was it working there?
Bigmex, i be wan talk to you for your favorite bar (thread). but since dem don ban me until tommorrow, naim make i hala you for here.
we fit talk?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? / Career Advice Needed. Remain In Dubai Or Accept An Employment Offer In Berlin? / Massive Job Loss Looms In The Banking Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.