Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead (690 Views)

Buhari: The Lockdown Will Last As Long As Our Advisers Say / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... / Bakare On Presidency: Sowore Will Do His Turn, I Will Do Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by Reaa(f): 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Tunde Bakare, Senior Pastor of The Latter Rain Assembly, says “the king may be very cold, may be very old and in need of warmth, but the king is not yet dead.”

Bakare made the statement — believed to be in reference to ailing President Muhammadu Buhari and directed as those seeking to replace him — on Sunday at his church in Ogba, Lagos, while speaking on ‘The birth pangs of a new Nigeria’.

Reminding the latter group that “the next in line does not translate automatically to the next king”, he cited similar scenarios in the Bible, mentioning the likes of Absalom, who, in a bid to overthrow the king, embraced everyone and warmed his heart into the minds of the simple and gullible; and Adonjah, who confused birthright with leadership rights and assumed that the next in line is automatically the next king whenever the current king is no more”.
“The next in line does not translate automatically to the next king. I kept quiet since, because I knew that the day I will speak, all arrows will begin to fly. But guess what? I’m beyond the enemy’s reach,” said Bakare, who was Buhari’s running mate in the 2011 presidential election.

“What is happening in Nigeria is not new; it’s not strange. But if you don’t have the wherewithal, and your wife is in intense labour, you will panic. What is happening in this nation is not new, it’s not strange. Our nation is going through birth pangs; Nigeria is in intense labour.”
He said he had been “bombarded with requests for interview by the organised press for a very long time now, regarding the situation of the country”, but he had deliberately kept mum.

“I hope the message today will answer their questions and allay all our collective doubts and fears,” he said.

“Our president, who I believe is on the path to sure recovery, has recently been serving the nation he loves with diminishing energy due to his ill health.

“As a result of the president’s present condition, all over the land, Absaloms and Adonijahs are springing up. Again this is not unusual…
“One major fact, the king may be very cold, may be very old and in need of warmth, but the king is not yet dead; the final authority is still in his hands. All the actors in the corridor of power can keep acting, but the residual power is still in the man who is cold.”
Source: https://icirnigeria.org/bakare-buhari-king-may-cold-old-not-yet-dead/

1 Share

Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by Aonkuuse(m): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
Only cursed souls are praying for his death sir. The likes of south east
Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by chemicalDisease: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
Asss licker.

Which king is alive?
Say it, the vegetable is dead.
Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by Luckianti(m): 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hmmm, nawa o! Lets keep observing the vegetable and his Zombie praise singers
Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by quiverfull(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
I have noted that most times, those who strive to become the president of this country don't get there. Buhari broke that jinx...let's see how this plays out.
Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by OBAGADAFFI: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
Bakare is in directly warning Oshinbanjo
Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by tomakint: 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
Finally my political conscious Pastor has suddenly found his lost voice all these days he had gone quiet in the face of extreme hardship on the innocent, teeming masses Buhari promised and pledged to soothe their pains away! Unfortunately, Buhari had succeeded in doubling their pains yet my Pastor is busy waxing philosophical about one cold and old king when this same king watched innocent souls being slaughtered by his kinsmen across the Country. I think Pastor TB should learn to speak the truth in the face of tyranny and bad governance now like he used to during the era of the Khaki boys, obj and other eras..........I am disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by tuscani: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
Why all these parables, in previous times during Obj and Gej, you were bold and vicious.

1 Like

Re: Bakare On Buhari: The King May Be Very Cold, Very Old, But He Is Not Yet Dead by ZorGBUooeh: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
This man shuld pls shut the hell up angry Always talking from both side of his mouth..Bloody hypocrite forming loyal

(1) (Reply)

AU Endorses President Buhari To Champion Fight Against Corruption – Official / I Have Simple Strategy To Transform Nigeria With Only 200 Naira / Biafra Agitations: An Important Question Begging For Honest Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.