Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. (5650 Views)

Liberty Walk Body-kitted Suzuki Jimny SUV VS Mercedes-benz G-wagon:see The Diff. / New Arrival: Mercedes Benz W209/w203/w168/m/ml/w163 Android 7.1 4g Dvd(see Pics) / The Evils Of Audi A4 B6 And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
badebillions:
I AM CERTAIN YOU HAVE NOT DRIVING AN AUDI BEFORE.

You may be right but I am sure you have not driven a Benz too. For me, the Benz wins it
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
nams77:

You may be right but I am sure you have not driven a Benz too. For me, the Benz wins it

w123
w124
w202
w210
w203

and
Audi 80
Audi A4

what else you got to say?

Audi wins hands down.... Audi builds interior like no other... Luxury as if your life depends on it. Maintenance Audi A4 is cheaper than the C class!

Next time compare not what you have not experienced!

try the S/RS lines and come ask for 4giveness cheesy
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
badebillions:

w123
w124
w202
w210
w203

and
Audi 80
Audi A4

what else you got to say?

Audi wins hands down.... Audi builds interior like no other... Luxury as if your life depends on it. Maintenance Audi A4 is cheaper than the C class!

Next time compare not what you have not experienced!

try the S/RS lines and come ask for 4giveness cheesy
No bi only ask for forgiveness grin i be benz man for life
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
DON'T BE SCARED.... JUST GIVE ANY OF THE S/RS A TRIAL. UNTIL THEN YOU SIR ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO POST ON THIS THREAD. #NOOFFENCE

nams77:

Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
nams77:

In addition you have not yet attained my versatility in the use of Mercedes Benz cars.... And I put it to you that Audi is generally more well built in luxury than the Merc of corresponding grade. Especially interior wise!
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
badebillions:

In addition you have not yet attained my versatility in the use of Mercedes Benz cars.... And I put it to you that Audi is generally more well built in luxury than the Merc of corresponding grade. Especially interior wise!

So because you reeled out some names and models of cars you have 'supposedly' driven now makes you an undisputed authority? Smh. My brother, to each, his own... Your opinion is for yourself. #nooffence
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
nams77:

So because you reeled out some names and models of cars you have 'supposedly' driven now makes you an undisputed authority? Smh. My brother, to each, his own... Your opinion is for yourself. #nooffence
Not just driven but owned. I don't list my Japanese acquisitions... What my humble self knows about Merc sir it will require you triple lifetimes to have a shady idea.
My opinion is for your enlightenment bro #nooffence
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
badebillions:

Not just driven but owned. I don't list my Japanese acquisitions... What my humble self knows about Merc sir it will require you triple lifetimes to have a shady idea.
My opinion is for your enlightenment bro #nooffence
I can see you are spoiling for a showdown sir. Like I mentioned earlier. your opinion Is for yourself....To each, his own..#nooffence sir
A tonne load of your assertion won't even make me have a slight re-think. Do have a nice day sir
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
nams77:

I can see you are spoiling for a showdown sir. Like I mentioned earlier. your opinion Is for yourself....To each, his own..#nooffence sir
A tonne load of your assertion won't even make me have a slight re-think. Do have a nice day sir
Sir no need for a showdown. No basis for comparison between the Audi and the Mercedes Benz. Audi answers all questions! Sleep tight bro #nooffence
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by 9icetoo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
Benz over Audi anyday.
in terms of reliability, Benz trumps Audi all day. in terms of interior finish and build abeg leave am for Benz. I still trip for the woosh sound the 1986 s class makes when the doors are shut.
Audi is good no doubt but when comparing the rs to Benz please compare it with the Benz of same class and not the c class.
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
9icetoo:
Benz over Audi anyday.
in terms of reliability, Benz trumps Audi all day. in terms of interior finish and build abeg leave am for Benz. I still trip for the woosh sound the 1986 s class makes when the doors are shut.
Audi is good no doubt but when comparing the rs to Benz please compare it with the Benz of same class and not the c class.
I disagree sir.... Audi is in a different world... I only compared the w203 c class with the A4 B6... Fair comparison. Yet Audi wins hands down

Please we are talking modern cars not lord lugard's 1914 rides
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by chukel(m): 5:46am On Dec 26, 2017
parrotibaba:
Any idea how much benz c200 2010 model is?
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
Audi vs. BMW vs. Mercedes-Benz in the Modern Era
No Filter
By: Marc Noordeloos July 15, 2015

Once upon a time, it was easy to differentiate between the three German luxury brands. Audi was the lesser-known left-field choice, Mercedes was the long standing, old-school king of the market, and BMW was the up-and-coming player for the up-and-coming buyer. But that was the 1980s. How things change.

BMW and Mercedes each sold more cars than Chrysler in the U.S. in 2014, and Audi is now a real player in the market, with sales up more than 15 percent in 2014 over 2013 (though still at roughly half of Mercedes volume). All three companies sell a wide range of models including an entry-level offering for about $30,000 (base price), various SUV models, and 12-cylinder luxury automobiles approaching or surpassing $150,000. Let’s take a look at where each brand sits today.

Audi
I used to be an Audi nut. Quattro all-wheel drive was a valuable feature for enthusiasts in Michigan. Plus, the cars depreciated hard, so I could afford used examples. Then I had my first drive in a BMW E36 M3, which made me realize Audi’s lack of handling dynamics, even on the sportiest versions. Today, most Audi models still aren’t my choice dynamically. The R8 (above) is the only Audi that impresses me with its handling. But as BMW loses its edge in the sports sedan world, Audi keeps plugging along with gorgeous interiors. And there’s also the low-key image advantage of the four rings versus the roundel and three-pointed star. You don’t want a Mercedes or BMW parked in your driveway when the contractor visits to give you an estimate on a remodeling job. For many people, Audi is still viewed as just an upscale Volkswagen.

BMW
This brand used to be King of the Castle, as far as I’m concerned. That first drive in the E36 M3 (above) led me to own several 3 and 5 Series models. I loved their combination of steering/handling prowess and impressive refinement. Their naturally aspirated inline-sixes sounded great and were smooth, smooth, smooth. I was willing to put up with the yuppie frat boy image because BMW offered a product that drove better than the comparable Audi or Mercedes. Now, I’m not so sure. The F30 3 Series isn’t as crisp as the old E90 and the 328i’s turbocharged inline-4 lacks the old 3.0-liter six’s character. Same story with the 5 Series. Yes, fuel economy is up and emissions are down, but at what cost? BMW simply doesn’t stand above and beyond the competition any longer.

Mercedes
Mercedes always had depth. They didn’t blow you away during the test drive, but you grew to appreciate their cars the more you spent time in them. Other than some hiccups with quality (including some rather horrible rust issues) for roughly a decade starting about 1996, Mercedes has stayed quite true to its brand image and heritage. It has a history of building over-engineered automobiles with a sense of quality, above and beyond anything else. I also prefer the driving experience offered in most Mercedes models to most Audi models. Most Mercedes interiors aren’t quite as lovely as Audi’s, but the latest C-Class proves that cars with a three-pointed star can battle the four-ringed brand inside the cockpit. The CLA-Class (above), however, illustrates how Mercedes has to carefully grow its lineup. The Audi A3 is a nicer car to drive and spend time in. Mercedes’ smallest, cheapest car just doesn’t feel like a true Mercedes, but the A3 feels like a proper Audi.
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
Conclusion
The brands have become more homogenous as they’ve grown their product lineups, and that’s not a good thing. Each had its own set of unique qualities designed to attract individual luxury customers. Audi was all about all-wheel drive. Now BMW and Mercedes offer all-wheel drive on most models, which is a necessity for rear-wheel-drive luxury cars sold in northern states. BMW led in driving dynamics. That’s no longer the case. The latest BMWs aren’t bad cars, but the brand can’t legitimately claim to be “The Ultimate Driving Machine” for each segment it’s in. Mercedes once offered a certain level of quality and workmanship not found in the other German luxury automobiles. That gap has substantially narrowed and in some cases, Mercedes has lost its advantage. Though I’d give the BMW 5 Series and the Mercedes E-Class a slight dynamic edge to the Audi A6, this is splitting hairs. They are now very similar, especially to the average buyer. Just run the numbers between all three on their configurators and pick the cheapest, which is a disappointing way to make a choice in the luxury segments.

Each automaker used to build products that made sense to different buyers. Now, each brand is trying to have enough model breadth to please any luxury buyer, and they depend on marketing to differentiate their brands. That may be good for short- and medium-term sales, but what about the long run?
Cc:badebillions
I have been having fun this period which occasioned my late response. So let the master do the talking..Up there
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
nams77:
Conclusion
The brands have become more homogenous as they’ve grown their product lineups, and that’s not a good thing. Each had its own set of unique qualities designed to attract individual luxury customers. Audi was all about all-wheel drive. Now BMW and Mercedes offer all-wheel drive on most models, which is a necessity for rear-wheel-drive luxury cars sold in northern states. BMW led in driving dynamics. That’s no longer the case. The latest BMWs aren’t bad cars, but the brand can’t legitimately claim to be “The Ultimate Driving Machine” for each segment it’s in. Mercedes once offered a certain level of quality and workmanship not found in the other German luxury automobiles. That gap has substantially narrowed and in some cases, Mercedes has lost its advantage. Though I’d give the BMW 5 Series and the Mercedes E-Class a slight dynamic edge to the Audi A6, this is splitting hairs. They are now very similar, especially to the average buyer. Just run the numbers between all three on their configurators and pick the cheapest, which is a disappointing way to make a choice in the luxury segments.

Each automaker used to build products that made sense to different buyers. Now, each brand is trying to have enough model breadth to please any luxury buyer, and they depend on marketing to differentiate their brands. That may be good for short- and medium-term sales, but what about the long run?
Cc:badebillions
I have been having fun this period which occasioned my late response. So let the master do the talking..Up there
Next time put reference before calling me out
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
nams77:
Lol. There you have it.. Badebillions
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/audi-bmw-mercedes-benz-in-the-modern-era/
I read this before. I disprove it with my personal experience
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
badebillions:

I read this before. I disprove it with my personal experience
You are welcome sir. Last time I checked, it's a free country. I like the analysis and i approved of it
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
lol.... m103, m111, m104, m112 loading, and of course I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!

nams77:

Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 7:02am On Dec 27, 2017
badebillions:
lol.... m103, m111, m104, m112 loading, and of course I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!

Quite an impressive array! You must truly be a Benz man cheesy
Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 27, 2017
nams77:

Quite an impressive array! You must truly be a Benz man cheesy
Now that you know sir. Good morning to you. Audi ain't too bad also

2 Likes

Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by nams77: 7:15am On Dec 27, 2017
badebillions:

Now that you know sir. Good morning to you. Audi ain't too bad also
We seem to agree on certain issues. Audi is not a bad ride especially the flagships but I like me a Benz more.morning chief

1 Like

Re: Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. by smellingmenses: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2018
watchworldpro:
Performance - Audi

Sound System - Audi

Reliability - I think Benz. Used an Audi before but not a benz. My issue with Audi is engine too compact. Bumper needs to be removed to do major engine front repairs. Don't know about benz.

Ground clearance - Audi is better

Parts availability - Benz

Aesthetics - Audi

Security - Audi BENZ NOT AUDI

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Maintenace Of Mercedes C Class 230 Compressor 2003 Model / C / 2013 Camry Versus 2013 Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.