Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! (2549 Views)

Olusola Ojemane Orevba, Nigerian Ambassador To Congo Ejected From Embassy / Finally, Fuel Will Be Sold At 60 Naira Per Litre From 12th June 2019 / Obasanjo Welcomed On Arrival From Peace-keeping In Congo (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by INTERMAN: 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
APC has destroyed this nation completely. They were too full of themselves before election. I score the 7/100
7%. This is the worst government in history. Garrii! That was stable during PDP regime. N100 N70 N120 etc. So bad a government!

2 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by raphy(m): 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
Congo why is it so cost like that? If only the garri was imported from America it shod HV been Berra..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by feelgoodInc: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
cc; OAM4J take it to the front page boss
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by MayhorE(m): 11:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
I just take God beg lala make he move m to FP coz m tired of seeing this

to the Op, maybe you are just hearing that, but we've started importing garri from India since early this year, so nt new

1 Like

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by tuniski: 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
That is chanji in reality inflation without liquidity(money) is that one change!

3 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Frankiss44(m): 3:31am On Jun 20, 2017
Na the change the people when dey use Congo from the West force on us.. Make dem flex
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Iamwrath: 7:11am On Jun 20, 2017
If you are already complaining of Garri

Biko contact Patience Jonathan to give you $1000 out of the $5.9 court released to her

Or Ask Asari Dokubo to send money from his University , just 200k to your account

or Ask Tompolo to borrow you 1M out of the 40B frozen in his skye bank account

Ask for 100K from Olisa Metuah

Ask Stella Oduah to donate 50K to your cause

And Frog Eyez Denziani to loan you just 10M from her $20B loot

Ohhh, you are saying it's impossible ??

Exactly ,

Some people haven't gotten their country yet , but they are already complaining , i hope what they plan to drink is their oil and feast on their crude crumbs

He nor consyn me sha

1 Like

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by INTERMAN: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2017
Iamwrath:

Biko contact Patience Jonathan to give you $1000 out of the $5.9 court released to her

Or Ask Asari Dokubo to send money from his University , just 200k to your account

Exactly ,

Some people haven't gotten their country yet , but they are already complaining , i hope what they plan to drink is their oil and feast on their crude crumbs

He nor consyn me sha
that did not stop this current government from been the worst the worst so far. Jonathan peeps are better managers of the economy.

16 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by sirwilson(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2017
Iamwrath:

Exactly ,

He nor consyn me sha
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by luvinhubby(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2017
Despite all the supposed stealing and looting of the PDP years, Nigerians were never subjected to this level of hunger, famine, poverty and starvation. So much so that the United Nations classified Nigeria alongside Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea etc as among countries that will be needing food aid this year out of famine.

This is how low APC and Buhari has dragged Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 9:14am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:
Despite all the supposed stealing and looting of the PDP years, Nigerians were never subjected to this level of hunger, famine, poverty and starvation. So much so that the United Nations classified Nigeria alongside Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea etc as among countries that will be needing food aid this year out famine.

This is how low APC and Buhari has dragged Nigeria.

You cannot eat your cake and still want to have it. In the time of Joseph and Pharoah, there were 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine. The survival in the 7 years of famine was determined by the wise actions taken in the 7 years of plenty. If Joseph and oga Pharoah didnt farm and save when there was plenty, the entire Egypt and neighbouring nations would have starved when the famine came.

The current Nigerian government isnt the one which squandered resources when there was plenty ($100+ oil price). Now there is famine (<$50 oil price), it is silly for anyone to expect the ease of life to be the same as when there was still plenty, especially when nothing was done to prepare for the current famine. So you can keep deceiving yourself and the multitude of undiscerning Nigerians about how things were good back then, but to any discerning mind, the reasons are very obvious.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by luvinhubby(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
You cannot eat your cake and still want to have it. In the time of Joseph and Pharoah, there were 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine. The survival in the 7 years of famine was determined by the wise actions taken in the 7 years of plenty. If Joseph and oga Pharoah didnt farm and save when there was plenty, the entire Egypt and neighbouring nations would have starved when the famine came.

The current Nigerian government isnt the one which squandered resources when there was plenty ($100+ oil price). Now there is famine (<$50 oil price), it is silly for anyone to expect the ease of life to be the same as when there was still plenty, especially when nothing was done to prepare for the current famine. So you can keep deceiving yourself and the multitude of undiscerning Nigerians about how things were good back then, but to any discerning mind, the reasons are very obvious.

Is Nigeria experiencing any nature induced famine like the case you mentioned?

You have resumed with this zombie reasoning despite all the lectures we gave you.

The average cost of crude between 1999 to 2004 (5yrs) was $30, we did not have it this bad and the silly govt you are defending inherited close to $40 billion while PDP under Obasanjo inherited less than $5 billion.
It is only the intellectually blind that will not see how the nepotistic policies of Buhari plunged this nation into chaos.

6 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by GuntersChain(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2017
cool

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Is Nigeria experiencing any nature induced famine like the case you mentioned?

You have resumed with this zombie reasoning despite all the lectures we gave you.

The average cost of crude between 1999 to 2004 (5yrs) was $30, we did not have it this bad and the silly govt you are defending inherited close to $40 billion while PDP under Obasanjo inherited less than $5 billion.
It is only the intellectually blind that will not see how the nepotistic policies of Buhari plunged this nation into chaos.
No you are a very dull student, hence I will keep giving you the lectures until it enters your thick skull.

There is something called the 'Time Value of Money', if only you paid attention in class when you were in school instead of scaling the fence to go pluck opioro mango, you should have understood what it meant.

An income of N1000 may have been okay for me 20 years ago considering rhe cost of living and business at the time. But today, I may be needing N5000 to have the same standard of life which N1000 gave me 20 years ago. So when my N5000 incone of today is suddenly cut to N2000, any person with a bit of discernment knows life will not be rosy for a considerable while before I adjust to the change. And it is only a dull student that woypd keep making reference to the past by saying "afterall you earned only N1000 20years ago".

So your continuous reference to oil price being $30 some 10-20 years ago and your insistence on this as the reason why the current state of things in the PRESENT DAY shouldnt be a problem, what other evidence does the world need to confirm you are still a dull student?

3 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by luvinhubby(m): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
No you are a very dull student, hence I will keep giving you the lectures until it enters your thick skull.

There is something called the 'Time Value of Money', if only you paid attention in class when you were in school instead of scaling the fence to go pluck opioro mango, you should have understood what it meant.

An income of N1000 may be okay for me when my house rent was N50 and payment for my domestic staff and children's fees all amounted to N200. But with a substantial increase in everday costs over many years, the N1000 which was enough 20 years ago may leave me an impoverished pauper, especially when my much higher income is SUDDENLY cut.

So your continuous reference to oil price being $30 some 10-20 years ago and your insistence on this as the reason why the current state of things in the PRESENT DAY shouldnt be a problem, what other evidence does the world need to confirm you are still a dull student?

Now you have shifted your lame narratives to expenditure. That presupposes that governance expenditure increased with time, so why your tears on savings when you are saying burden on expenditure increases with time?

Okay, explain what value this same govt has added to the entire economy with N7.1 trillion borrowing in two years, despite a $40 billion saving chest?

3 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:

So those in this current government didn't loot and squandered the money of previous government because they're now saints? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 10:13am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Now you have shifted your lame narratives to expenditure. That presupposes that governance expenditure increased with time, so why your tears on savings when you are saying burden on expenditure increases with time?

Okay, explain what value this same govt has added to the entire economy with N7.1 trillion borrowing in two years, despite a $40 billion saving chest?
If the last govt with $100+ oil price could not complete any serious project in 5 years, if they could still owe subsidies and had to borrow trillions to even pay salaries (when oil price only just started dipping), cant you see it makes no sense asking why this current govt (which is getting roughly just 40% of the revenue the last guys got) is also borrowing for basic things?

With a revenue dip of up to 60%, you are asking me why the current givt is borrowing. Before I explain that, why dont you tell us why the last govt which didnt suffer this same revenue drop also borrowed in trillions?... While you are at it, why dont you also explain what value the last govt added with over N55 trillion gotten from oil sales?

2 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by HughJazz(m): 10:16am On Jun 20, 2017
INTERMAN:
APC has destroyed this nation completely. They were too full of themselves before election. I score the 7/100
7%. This is the worst government in history. Garrii! That was stable during PDP regime. N100 N70 N120 etc. So bad a government!
you are a bloody idiot. That's what happens when you spend oil money anyhow during the boom years.you are just reaping what the previous government sowed.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by HughJazz(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
If the last govt with $100+ oil price could not complete any serious project in 5 years, if they could still owe subsidies and had to borrow trillions to even pay salaries (when oil price only just started dipping), cant you see it makes no sense asking why this current govt (which is getting roughly just 40% of the revenue the last guys got) is also borrowing for basic things?

With a revenue dip of up to 60%, you are asking me why the current givt is borrowing. Before I explain that, why dont you tell us why the last govt which didnt suffer this same revenue drop also borrowed in trillions?... While you are at it, why dont you also explain what value the last govt added with over N55 trillion gotten from oil sales?
nigerians don't understand economy they only like to talk trash online. I don't even like buhari . But the economic policies of his government is sound.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
asuustrike2009:

So those in this current government didn't loot and squandered the money of previous government because they're now saints? Smh
I was simply responding to my friend who said despite the thievery that occured in the last regime, that things werent so difficult for Nigerians. I was only drawing to his attention the fact that the consequences of those actions is what is being felt today.

There is a time to sow, and a time to reap. If you spend your sowing time only eating, drinking and making merry, when the famine comes (it will definitely come now or later), you will only have yourself to blame. We are in that famine today.

1 Like

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2017
HughJazz:
nigerians don't understand economy they only like to talk trash online. I don't even like buhari . But the economic policies of his government is sound.
I dont really know about the economic policy of buhari being sound or not, I just hate it and get irritated whenever I read supposed graduates making some shallow comparisons and conclusions like "during GEJs time, even with the alleged corruption, things weren't this bad for Nigerians."

These people always fail to acknowledge the more than 60% drop in revenue when making their watery comparisons; they also are too myopic to see that in this time of famine, we are currently suffering from the consequences of those indiscretions of the recent past.

1 Like

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by luvinhubby(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:

Did you say 60%?
The last govt borrowed N5 trillion in 6 yrs and yours borrowed N7 trillion in 2 yrs.
Fuel was heavily subsidised at our request and it kept standard of living reasonable for Nigerians.
Today N87 fuel is sold for N145 and the govt is still owing subsidy on it.

As at mid 2015, the average GDP of Nigeria was 6% for 5yrs largely stimulated by govt spending, we were Africa no.1 investment destination and the 6th fastest growing economy globally. The automobile industry was back on stream and agriculture received the highest govt spending in 50yrs with the result of a massive boost in local rice production and we stopped the importation of packed fruit juice because local citrus production became better managed by govt. In short, Nigerians and Nigeria economy felt impact of a well managed oil resource revenue.

What has the govt you advocate for done? Nothing, except talk the way you are talking now.

3 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by sanandreas(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2017
It will be worst in few months time. Farmers no longer go to farm because of fulani herdsmen.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 10:47am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Did you say 60%?
The last govt borrowed N5 trillion in 6 yrs and yours borrowed N7 trillion in 2 yrs.
Fuel was heavily subsidised at our request and it kept standard of living reasonable for Nigerians.
Today N87 fuel is sold for N145 and the govt is still owing subsidy on it.

As at mid 2015, the average GDP of Nigeria was 6% for 5yrs largely stimulated by govt spending, we were Africa no.1 investment destination and the 6th fastest growing economy globally. The automobile industry was back on stream and agriculture received the highest govt spending in 50yrs with the result of a massive boost in local rice production and we stopped the importation of packed fruit juice because local citrus production became better managed by govt. In short, Nigerians and Nigeria economy felt impact of a well managed oil resource revenue.

What has the govt you advocate for done? Nothing, except talk the way you are talking now.
Bla bla bla bla nonsense. First of all, the GDP growth rate was 6% in mid-2014 (when oil still sold for over $100) not mid-2015. Oil prices started dropping from mid-2014 and as at mid-2015, the GDP growth rate had already fallen to 2% (meanwhile that was when your beloved Jona was and a world class economist NOI were still in charge). You are certainly not a good student or maybe you just feign being a bad one, else I dont know why I would have to explain the same thing to you over and over again that all the downturn in the economy was a result of oil price drop.

Once again, Nigeria and Nigerians weren't enjoying the effects of any well managed economy, rather we were enjoying the immediate effects of mega high oil prices. Evidence to buttress my point is the fact that every single thing you mentioned as positive started tumbling and tumbling as soon as oil prices and oil revenue began dropping.

When you give a waster some billions to spend in his neighbourhood, the entire neighbourhood feels the impact, from taxi drivers to beer/peppersoup parlour operators to hotels to ashawos etc. Businessmen from far and wide (FDI) would also troop in to enjoy part of the loot, but the moment the money stops flowing, that is when an onlooker can really tell whether the money was wisely or unwisely spent. The very fact that every economic indices in Nigeria tumbled as soon as oil prices began dropping, that is the surest evidence that the economy and the boom was poorly managed. Throwing the culpability of the current hardship to only the current govt which came in a period of downturn is very myopic, but it isnt unexpected.

2 Likes

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Keballl: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:

There is famine yet the budget of the presidency and her overhead cost has tripled immensely with a penalty of a high debt ratio. Why are you so shameless in your act of defending those destroying the country ?

1 Like

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 11:04am On Jun 20, 2017
Keballl:

There is famine yet the budget of the presidency and her overhead cost has tripled immensely with a penalty of a high debt ratio. Why are you so shameless in your act of defending those destroying the country ?
Nope, go back and re-read every single thing I've written, I'm not defending anybody, rather I was only trying to point out that the last admin is equally as guilty (in fact more guilty) of the mess we find ourselves in currently due to a lot of indiscretions like you mentioned above. I was only trying to deflate the shallow comparison which someone made between the last admin and the current guys by pointing out that the whirlwind we experience today is a direct consequence of our indiscretions of yesterday when there was plenty.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Keballl: 11:13am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
Nope, go back and re-read every single thing I've written, I'm not defending anybody, rather I was only trying to point out that the last admin is equally as guilty (in fact more guilty) of the mess we find ourselves in currently due to a lot of indiscretions like you mentioned above. I was only trying to deflate the shallow comparison which someone made between the last admin and the current guys by pointing out that the whirlwind we experience today is a direct consequence of our indiscretions of yesterday when there was plenty.

Infact more guilty? So when the next admin comes in 2019, what will be their excuse ? Still blame the "far guilty" ? Or deploy the same tactics as you by blaming their failures on the outgoing admin as the originator of their woes. In that case who is really the cause of Nigerian current woes when we always seek to blame our immediate predecessor's ?

Maybe we should all go back and blame Lord Luggard since it has been presumed we can't do out bit when opportune to serve.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2017
When price increases, it means that there is a shortfall in supply. This is a call to all and sundry to join in planting cassava so as to increase production and make good money for themselves.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2017
Keballl:

Infact more guilty? So when the next admin comes in 2019, what will be their excuse ? Still blame the "far guilty" ? Or deploy the same tactics as you by blaming their failures on the outgoing admin as the originator of their woes. In that case who is really the cause of Nigerian current woes when we always seek to blame our immediate predecessor's ?

Maybe we should all go back and blame Lord Luggard since it has been presumed we can't do out bit when opportune to serve.
The current government was elected by Nigerians to clean the huge mess they met. It is their responsibility to clean it or get voted out. The only reason I mentioned the culpability of the last admin was because someone made a shallow analysis asserting how they were saints that turned Nigeria to an El dorado. I was simply responding to that erroneous statement.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by INTERMAN: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:

APC is another name for FRAUD.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by INTERMAN: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2017
HughJazz:
you are a bloody idiot. That's what happens when you spend oil money anyhow during the boom years.you are just reaping what the previous government sowed.
What! You still blame previous innocent government for your FAILURES? Hmm this party is demonic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News- All Police Personnel Withdrawn From Ekiti Government / Break Down Of Nigeria Senator's Salary Per Monthly. By Itse Sagay. / You Criticize Buhari For 3yrs But Can’t Stand Nnamdi Kanu 1 Hr Criticim-deji Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.