Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! (2550 Views)

Olusola Ojemane Orevba, Nigerian Ambassador To Congo Ejected From Embassy / Finally, Fuel Will Be Sold At 60 Naira Per Litre From 12th June 2019 / Obasanjo Welcomed On Arrival From Peace-keeping In Congo (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Iamwrath: 11:36am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
You cannot eat your cake and still want to have it. In the time of Joseph and Pharoah, there were 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine. The survival in the 7 years of famine was determined by the wise actions taken in the 7 years of plenty. If Joseph and oga Pharoah didnt farm and save when there was plenty, the entire Egypt and neighbouring nations would have starved when the famine came.

The current Nigerian government isnt the one which squandered resources when there was plenty ($100+ oil price). Now there is famine (<$50 oil price), it is silly for anyone to expect the ease of life to be the same as when there was still plenty, especially when nothing was done to prepare for the current famine. So you can keep deceiving yourself and the multitude of undiscerning Nigerians about how things were good back then, but to any discerning mind, the reasons are very obvious.

Don't mind the ediot , maybe if you typed in Hebrew , maybe it'll enter their thick skull

Awon omo ale jati jati

1 Like

Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Iamwrath: 11:39am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Is Nigeria experiencing any nature induced famine like the case you mentioned?

You have resumed with this zombie reasoning despite all the lectures we gave you.

The average cost of crude between 1999 to 2004 (5yrs) was $30, we did not have it this bad and the silly govt you are defending inherited close to $40 billion while PDP under Obasanjo inherited less than $5 billion.
It is only the intellectually blind that will not see how the nepotistic policies of Buhari plunged this nation into chaos.

Some other mumu like you will be telling me how they used idiomatic expression to write a sentence, Obalaila wasn't talking about famine in Nigeria literally , he was talking about biblical famine which is supposed to be an expression and again the man is right , Time value of money or Present value of money which can be used to predict present value of money in the future

That's why when you read stories of heist , discoveries , CNN, BBC , VOA will tell you the then value and the present value of that loot , how can you compare standard of Living 20 years ago with standard of living now '

Idiots, stay in school you won't gree
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Iamwrath: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
No you are a very dull student, hence I will keep giving you the lectures until it enters your thick skull.

There is something called the 'Time Value of Money', if only you paid attention in class when you were in school instead of scaling the fence to go pluck opioro mango, you should have understood what it meant.

An income of N1000 may have been okay for me 20 years ago considering rhe cost of living and business at the time. But today, I may be needing N5000 to have the same standard of life which N1000 gave me 20 years ago. So when my N5000 incone of today is suddenly cut to N2000, any person with a bit of discernment knows life will not be rosy for a considerable while before I adjust to the change. And it is only a dull student that woypd keep making reference to the past by saying "afterall you earned only N1000 20years ago".

So your continuous reference to oil price being $30 some 10-20 years ago and your insistence on this as the reason why the current state of things in the PRESENT DAY shouldnt be a problem, what other evidence does the world need to confirm you are still a dull student?

Don't waste your time, it's rainy season, brain is blocked , they can't think until it's harmattarn that's when their brain resumes normal activity but it also depends on them to use it

The term you are looking for is Present Value of Money , NPV in accounting , budgeting and of course finance , when all they do is upgrade from SS2 to gala , to drugs to kidnapping, they do not understand critical thinking
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Iamwrath: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2017
INTERMAN:
that did not stop this current government from been the worst the worst so far. Jonathan peeps are better managers of the economy.

The term is BEING

Stay in school you won't gree

And no they weren't better managers , money only circulated because people had excess to spend , contractors who took 80% to do nothing

Parties and owambes with millions to spend have to employ different people

They had money to share too

That's not the case now
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by luvinhubby(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2017
Iamwrath:

Some other mumu like you will be telling me how they used idiomatic expression to write a sentence, Obalaila wasn't talking about famine in Nigeria literally , he was talking about biblical famine which is supposed to be an expression and again the man is right , Time value of money or Present value of money which can be used to predict present value of money in the future

That's why when you read stories of heist , discoveries , CNN, BBC , VOA will tell you the then value and the present value of that loot , how can you compare standard of Living 20 years ago with standard of living now '

Idiots, stay in school you won't gree

Stop spreading your poisonous frustration everywhere, it stinks.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Iamwrath: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Stop spreading your poisonous frustration everywhere, it stinks.

Counter my claim, don't bury your head
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by luvinhubby(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
Iamwrath:

Counter my claim, don't bury your head

I only engage intellects and not some dumb tribal champions.

Keep your distance.
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
INTERMAN:
APC is another name for FRAUD.
And PDP is? cheesy
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by slivertongue: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Did you say 60%?
The last govt borrowed N5 trillion in 6 yrs and yours borrowed N7 trillion in 2 yrs.
Fuel was heavily subsidised at our request and it kept standard of living reasonable for Nigerians.
Today N87 fuel is sold for N145 and the govt is still owing subsidy on it.

As at mid 2015, the average GDP of Nigeria was 6% for 5yrs largely stimulated by govt spending, we were Africa no.1 investment destination and the 6th fastest growing economy globally. The automobile industry was back on stream and agriculture received the highest govt spending in 50yrs with the result of a massive boost in local rice production and we stopped the importation of packed fruit juice because local citrus production became better managed by govt. In short, Nigerians and Nigeria economy felt impact of a well managed oil resource revenue.

What has the govt you advocate for done? Nothing, except talk the way you are talking now.

on point
what destroyed the economy is the removal of incentives to importers and manufacturers thus the high cost of living if GMB returns it the living standard would improve
looting no doubt has it effects but previous leaders spent more oil wealth to subsidize the cost of imported raw materials and machinery but this govt thinks otherwise, worst is that they lack direction, uprooting of every policy without replacing it with a better a policy. inshort the thought process of the this govt is very poor
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by FlyboyZee: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Did you say 60%?
The last govt borrowed N5 trillion in 6 yrs and yours borrowed N7 trillion in 2 yrs.
Fuel was heavily subsidised at our request and it kept standard of living reasonable for Nigerians.
Today N87 fuel is sold for N145 and the govt is still owing subsidy on it.

As at mid 2015, the average GDP of Nigeria was 6% for 5yrs largely stimulated by govt spending, we were Africa no.1 investment destination and the 6th fastest growing economy globally. The automobile industry was back on stream and agriculture received the highest govt spending in 50yrs with the result of a massive boost in local rice production and we stopped the importation of packed fruit juice because local citrus production became better managed by govt. In short, Nigerians and Nigeria economy felt impact of a well managed oil resource revenue.

What has the govt you advocate for done? Nothing, except talk the way you are talking now.
Ol' boy, see as you finish that guy with a low jabbing upper cut. Give him more education men!!!
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Keballl: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
The current government was elected by Nigerians to clean the huge mess they met. It is their responsibility to clean it or get voted out. The only reason I mentioned the culpability of the last admin was because someone made a shallow analysis asserting how they were saints that turned Nigeria to an El dorado. I was simply responding to that erroneous statement.

The irony is that the current admin has "CHANGED" the "huge mess" they met to a mega dumpsite with all manners of dangerous elements running amok concurrently.

Don't you feel that calls for concern ?
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
I was simply responding to my friend who said despite the thievery that occured in the last regime, that things werent so difficult for Nigerians. I was only drawing to his attention the fact that the consequences of those actions is what is being felt today.

There is a time to sow, and a time to reap. If you spend your sowing time only eating, drinking and making merry, when the famine comes (it will definitely come now or later), you will only have yourself to blame. We are in that famine today.
Correct
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by obailala(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
FlyboyZee:

Ol' boy, see as you finish that guy with a low jabbing upper cut. Give him more education men!!!
Look at this one swallowing false watery info in excitement and shouting 'uppercut'... grin You remind me of an old classmate back in school who would come out of the examination hall in excitement bragging about how he filled up his answer sheet, not knowing that the person he dubbed 100% from was an olodo writing opata.

Why dont you go back and read my response to the error filled shallow and false analysis you are glutting over?... U dey hide under the shadows dey claim uppercut. Education indeed! lipsrsealed
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by ndcide(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
I dont really know about the economic policy of buhari being sound or not, I just hate it and get irritated whenever I read supposed graduates making some shallow comparisons and conclusions like "during GEJs time, even with the alleged corruption, things weren't this bad for Nigerians."

These people always fail to acknowledge the more than 60% drop in revenue when making their watery comparisons; they also are too myopic to see that in this time of famine, we are currently suffering from the consequences of those indiscretions of the recent past.

Sorry you are giving needless lifeline to a grossly incompetent administration. It's a convenient narrative of the present government and those who are never objective to blame their failings on the past government.

Please, if a government is not delivering, it's simply not delivering. QED
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by HughJazz(m): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
INTERMAN:
What! You still blame previous innocent government for your FAILURES? Hmm this party is demonic
you sound like an illiterate
Re: Garri Is Now 350 Naira Per Congo!!! by Abagworo(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
INTERMAN:
APC has destroyed this nation completely. They were too full of themselves before election. I score the 7/100
7%. This is the worst government in history. Garrii! That was stable during PDP regime. N100 N70 N120 etc. So bad a government!

There is no reason for the hike other than sabotage. APC has fixed the economy and every aspect is stable with Naira gaining nearly 40% from a low of 520 to a Dollar. Ordinarily food prices should have equally dropped by 40% but it rather went up especially in the South.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giant Python Attacks Man Before Being Eaten / BREAKING!! Uba Sani Seen With Electoral Results In Hotel 17 / Abia: Gov Okezie Ikpeazu Completes The Osisioma Flyover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.