Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

What They Don't Tell You About Insurance - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What They Don't Tell You About Insurance (656 Views)

Make Money With Kdp ( What They Don't Tell You) / WAKANDA . NG IS SCAM. THEY DON'T PAY. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What They Don't Tell You About Insurance by ogbeifuncletus(m): 11:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
According to wikipedia "Insurance is a means of protection from financial loss. It is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss." But in a layman's language, it is the transfer of a risk/potential or uncertain loss from the insured(the person who has the risk) to the Insurer(the company underwriting the risk) for a fee.
But one legal aspect of it which is often left out of the contract signing is[b] uberrimae fidei[/b] which is the latin for "utmost good faith". This is the governing principle behind all insurance contract. It requires that all parties to an insurance contract must deal in good faith, making a full declaration of all material facts in the insurance proposal. This is what draws the line between real claims and insurance fraud.
Therefore, the insured must reveal the exact nature and potential of the risks that he transfers to the insurer (which may, in turn, be sold onto a reinsurer), while at the same time the insurer must make sure that the potential contract fits the needs of, and benefits, the insured. Where this is breached, the contract becomes void. In such cases, any claim associated with such policy will not be paid by the insurance company.
To avoid this, I advise you read through the proposal form carefully by yourself and fill it truthfully, to the best of your knowledge.

Any questions?
Re: What They Don't Tell You About Insurance by ogbeifuncletus(m): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
I have often heard of people who complain about one Insurance company or the other, some say that they lost their money or they were not paid their claims.

If you have any of such issues let me know here. I might be able to help.
Re: What They Don't Tell You About Insurance by ogbeifuncletus(m): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2019
The three important things you must plan for if you want to be financially Independent and rich.

1. Savings
2. Insurance
3. Investments

(1) (Reply)

Steady Income Invesment Scheme Of #3,000 Weekly With Just #1,000 / Ponzi Scheme: MMM Invents New Tactics To Make Members Comeback / Need Help On Getting A Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.