Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? (28515 Views)

Local Flights But Lost My ID Card, Can I Still Board / What Is The Luggage Allowance For Nigerian Local Flights? / Lady Narrates How Fire Came Out Of Flight She Boarded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? by Uchefrancis16(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
This all provide u with all you need to know my friend

http://transportnigeria.com/how-to-book-a-flight-in-nigeria-complete-guide/
Re: How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? by ogtavia(m): 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
missioner:
Hello house,
Am in Abuja to work, all the way from Ogun state. when leaving am thinking of going through the airway via Lagos since I can afford it, provided its not more than 50k.

I've never been to the airport before talk less of ever seeing an aircraft face to face.

I just don't know how to go about it, do I need passport and visa to travel from Abuja to Lagos.
Please what are the procedures?

when I find my way to the airport what should I do or ask for?
Thanks.

kindly come to my aid.
follow this simple steps...go to Google...check for flights flying between abuja and ogun..i.e check arik air,air peace,aero contractors,dana air....etc...the reason I said this is to be able to get all possible flight schedules and see which one suits you best...now,these schedules are subject to change in terms of flight cost and flight time...now you can book for flights by way of paying online, it's cheaper..or booking your flight online then going with your slip to the terminal of the booked airline at the airport,if it hasn't expired,you can pay....finally,you can pay cash over the counter.. its more expensive but if you have no other choice,then pay...

you will be asked if you have hand luggage or luggage that has to be docked,follow their suggestions/instructions...from their proceed to the departure lounge and wait for your flight to be announced...you will have to submit your flight ticket given to you on your way to the departure lounge,before you finally have to sit and wait (thats if your flight is delayed or your flight hasn't been announced yet)...you will be throughly checked and ...i.e your shoes,your belts,...you will undergo full body scan...after that..once your flight has been announced...you present your ticket to the airline staff before you proceed to the vehicle that will take you to the aircraft on the runway....

As soon as you land,you will have to board another vehicle or walk,depending on the distance between where the aircraft landed and the arrival lounge...BTW...if you gave them your luggage for booking or docking...before you get into the aircraft,you must identify it before you board....otherwise,just board...
When you land...you wait at the luggage pick up at the arrival lounge,get your luggage and find your way out of the airport...

While on air...follow all instructions...use your seat belt...they serve very annoying snacks. so. enjoy...

Overall..Have a safe flight.

NB: You have to be at the airport at worst...30mins before your flight takes off...knowing Abuja quite well...if you are coming from central area/area 1/wuse...please leave 1 hr 30mins before time,so as to beat traffic or any unforseen event...

3 Likes

Re: How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? by spaggyy(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2017
MykOnyxo:
The first and second comments have said it all...

but let me just add something so it won't looks like I wasted my precious data

it would have been easier if you are traveling from benin .. in fact, you wouldn't need Aircraft but Witchcraft which is more natural and spiritual

What if I want to fly from femak to ago igbala
Re: How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
spaggyy:

What if I want to fly from femak to ago igbala
Re: How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? by Victordarey02: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2021
Please help me o, am stranded in Lagos, am traveling to Maiduguri, actually I came by road but want to take a flight back how do I go about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Concrete Vs Asphalt Roads: Which Is Better? / Federal Government Evacuates 542 Stranded Nigerians From UAE (Photos) / Nigerians In Ireland,how are you Coping With The Recession And The Eu Bailout?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.