Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka (2542 Views)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet / Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Johnnyessence(m): 7:29am On Jun 20, 2017
A former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka, on Monday, asked the Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, to jettison the idea of building an airport in the state. Chidoka described the project as a misplaced priority. Obiano had, in April this year, kicked off the N2bn Umueri International Cargo Airport project, saying this was in fulfillment of his campaign promises of making Anambra State an international economic hub. But speaking at the golden jubilee celebration of the Anglican Bishop on the Niger, Rt. Rev. Owen Nwokolo, in the basilica at St Andrews Anglican Church, Chidoka said the state did not need an airport now. Obiano, who was at the same gathering, had earlier listed the airport project as one of the numerous achievements of his three-year administration that would qualify him for re- election. punchng.com/anambra-doesnt-need-airport-chidoka/

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by sarrki(m): 7:34am On Jun 20, 2017
That's just the truth
.the closeness from asaba airport to Onitsha is nearer than won areas in asaba itself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Jostico: 7:39am On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:
That's just the truth
.the closeness from asaba airport to Onitsha is nearer than won areas in asaba itself

Pointless. Then they figure out a way.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by sarrki(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2017
Jostico:

Maybe a cargo airport fine

1 Like

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by sarrki(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2017
Jostico:

You need not wasting money then

there is an airport in between Maryland, Virginia and DC its used within the 3 States

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:

You son need wasting money then

Is there is an airport in between Maryland, Virginia and DC its used within the 3 States
Please my eyes are paining me reading what you typed. Can you please make me to understand undecided

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by LUGBE: 8:00am On Jun 20, 2017
Gov. Obiano please continue your good work to your good people. Ignore distractors.

Don't allow Satan to use sarrki and Co to distract you kiss

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by ipobarecriminals: 8:03am On Jun 20, 2017
sad politicians ways of "developing their pocket".Like Fayose,like Obiano.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by wristbangle: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2017
LUGBE:
Gov. Obiano please continue your good work to your good people. Ignore distractors.

Don't allow Satan to use sarrki and Co to distract you kiss

grin Uncle LUGBE don lose am finally o!
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Homeboiy: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2017
Wetin concern me

#042# All d way
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2017
Johnnyessence:

Chidoka described the project as a misplaced
priority.

Obiano had, in April this year, kicked off the
N2bn Umueri International Cargo Airport

...making Anambra State an
international economic hub.

...Chidoka said the state did not need an
airport now.

Notice that he didn't say WHY this project is a "misplaced priority".

We need to think more long-term in this part of the world.

A state as commercially viable as Anambra is LONG overdue for an airport.

A cargo airport in the long run could provide greater opportunities to the immediate region.

Think of the real estate investment opportunities.

Think of the boost in international trade.

Think of the savings to be made by manufacturers.

Think of the jobs that will be created.

Think of the IGR the state will generate, regardless of who will be in the government.

Just THINK.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by TimeMod1: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2017
A waste of money & public resources when Anambra can not account for IGR. The International airport in enugun is still begging for viability. Stupid governor.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Ejanla07: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2017
chidoka is just trying to be relevant..
Anambra airport is international cargo airport and local commercial...

with point of sale for aviation fuel.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by luvinhubby(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:

You need not wasting money then

there is an airport in between Maryland, Virginia and DC its used within the 3 States

There is an airport in Dubai and Sharjar in UAE and both are less 30km apart, so what is your point?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Etogist: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:
That's just the truth

This is not just an airport, its a cargo airport with other facilities that will attract development. If there is any state that needs a cargo airport its surely Anambra state. I don't know why people are just mischievous unnecessarily just to score a political point. Enemies of progress.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by SGANIVA(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2017
only truth , what anambra need most is onitsha port, road expansion especially in onitsha, nkpor and is neighbouring towns like Lagos and railway
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 20, 2017
Chidoka should let Obiano be. Obiano is not a saint but Chidoka is like the pregnant tomorrow with all its uncertainty. For Anambra, my vote will be to manage the devil we know while staying wary of the angel that is still very remote. The position is very delicate and we cannot be experimenting at this stage. I advise Chidoka to go start as a LGA chairman if his ambition is to be an executive at any level and we can see his hand. Better still he can go to the legislature where his talking skills places him in good stead. Abeg.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by sarrki(m): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

There is an airport in Dubai and Sharjar in UAE and both are less 30km apart, so what is your point?

Do we have such funds now ?

That's my point bro

No hard feelings

1 Like

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Schematics: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2017
Are you dumb or are you forming one?

The airport city project is a PPP project. Stop acting as if you care.

sarrki:

That's my point bro

No hard feelings

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by luvinhubby(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:

That's my point bro

No hard feelings

It is a partnership and it is an AEROPOLIS and not just an airport.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by GuntersChain(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2017
What they need is a sea port. So they can decongest Lagos port.
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Funlord2(m): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2017
Johnnyessence:
A former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka, on
Monday, asked the Anambra State Governor,
Willie Obiano, to jettison the idea of building an
airport in the state.
Chidoka described the project as a misplaced
priority.
Obiano had, in April this year, kicked off the
N2bn Umueri International Cargo Airport
project, saying this was in fulfillment of his
campaign promises of making Anambra State an
international economic hub.
But speaking at the golden jubilee celebration of
the Anglican Bishop on the Niger, Rt. Rev. Owen
Nwokolo, in the basilica at St Andrews Anglican
Church, Chidoka said the state did not need an
airport now.
Obiano, who was at the same gathering, had
earlier listed the airport project as one of the
numerous achievements of his three-year
administration that would qualify him for re-
election.
punchng.com/anambra-doesnt-need-airport-chidoka/

Mazi! This your source get as e be! Try remix am abeg if not na back page get you and your thread! grin
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by nonsobaba: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2017
So good to be back!

Even world-renowned economist, Chukwuma Soludo has repeatedly said that Anambra urgently needs her own airport. He knows the massive economic benefits an airport will bring to the state. I don't think Chidoka is an economist to know this and being a guber hopeful, he will say just about anything to discredit the incumbent. He isn't looking at the big picture.

I also think that Chidoka is unhappy that the airport project was not sited in Oba as initially planned. Oba is just 5 minutes drive to his hometown and he may have been thinking of cycling to and from the airport if it was that close to home. But when the masterpiece is completed in 2 years time, i am sure he will come around.

Anambra leads, others follow.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Johnnyessence(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2017
nonsobaba:
So good to be back!

Even world-renowned economist, Chukwuma Soludo has repeatedly said that Anambra urgently needs her own airport. He knows the massive economic benefits an airport will bring to the state. I don't think Chidoka is an economist to know this and being a guber hopeful, he will say just about anything to discredit the incumbent. He isn't looking at the big picture.

I also think that Chidoka is unhappy that the airport project was not sited in Oba as initially planned. Oba is just 5 minutes drive to his hometown and he may have been thinking of cycling to and from the airport if it was that close to home. But when the masterpiece is completed in 2 years time, i am sure he will come around.

really. Well he has a point on what he say. He was once a minister of Aviation before.
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by NnamdiN: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

It is a partnership and it is an AEROPOLIS and not just an airport.
and nothing concerns him with what happens in Anambra. Please remind him, I cant stand him/it so I can't quote him grin
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Ejanla07: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:

That's my point bro
No hard feelings
who is d we..
last i checked. u re afonja yoruba muslim BMC...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Johnnyessence(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
CC. Lalasticla. Mynd. Seun fp.
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Margy: 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
nonsobaba:
So good to be back!

Well said,! who should we follow economist or avaition ministry?
Ans: Economist ofcourse

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by coptic: 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
True.

The Enugu and Asaba Airports serve the state very well.
Re: Anambra Doesn’t Need Airport –osita Chidoka by Schematics: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
The ongoing Anambra International airport will serve Asaba and Enugu.

[s]
coptic:
True.

The Enugu and Asaba Airports serve the state very well.
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation / SOS: Sorry State Of The Popular Uromi Junction - Agbor (pics) / Nigeria Is Irredeemable Nnamdi Kanu Replies On Guardian Newspaper Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.