Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,596 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife (38913 Views)

How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady / Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims / Mother Asks Man Who Impregnated Her 14-year-old Daughter To Pay N800,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
eflintsone:
every culture on earth respect the living and the dead , and divorce is actually very low in nigeria not amongst the igbos , we all live and travel to places in this country ...do not sound like igbos have a unique practice ... i repeat that act is evil
if we are not unique, why are you having nightmares over Igbos?
LOLz.
We are a Unique and Beautiful People, Blessed by God.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by adadike281(f): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
Turbocharged:

Can 'idoyen nmanya' you?
Lmao! OK now. as long as u are not lazy in all aspect
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by 2buffagain(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
I generally stay away from igbo girls anyway so.... undecided undecided undecided

I know when its time for serious things, their family wahala is always too much.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
LOLz.

nightmares over igbos ?? are derailing from the topic or u missed the talk lines , i personally do care about the igbos cos i gain nothing paramount from them ,if u call God into this then u should know that act is evil , go look through your Bible and tell me where the living married the dead ... it pains me that even christians still support evil acts all in the name of culture ...this is the 21st century for crying out loud... such inhuman and evil act does not make you unique and beautiful ...

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
why do you guys love to rob in biafra in all your comments?. Is this nightmare or what?
It is our culture.
We love it.
WE ARE IGBOS. Proud and Bold.
if you don't like it, you know what to do at a transformer.
this biafra talks came up cos i will not luv to see a fellow human languish in abject illiteracy all in the name of culture...wise up before its too late

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by happney65: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
adadike281:
the dude is mischievous. if truly he is an Igbo guy,he should know d traditions of his people. in my place and most part of Igbo land, d marriage rite is divided into three. d idoyen nmanya, d mporo, and d igba nkwu. d idonyen nmanya is d cheapest. i n my place, I think is just a keg of palm wine and if u like , u add 4 or 5 tubers of yam.

Maybe your place sha and that is a small fraction..About over 90 Percent of tribes in the southeast pay so much on top say them wan marry..

And No,The Guy isnt Igbo..He is Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by 2buffagain(m): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
LOLz.

How can you claim to be a woman's Rights activist when you are still here supporting your tribe's archaic practices like selling women like property and also, quite frankly, insulting the personal agency of women and their ability to take responsibility for their own actions.

I bet your people traded you very well to your husband. How much filthy lucre did he have to pay before your family tied rope around your neck and gave him the other end of the rope?
If there is one thing I will always laugh at, it's a feminist/WRH who allows herself to be traded like a thing to another person.
I just don't respect people who do not practice what they preach.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
eflintsone:
this biafra talks came up cos i will not luv to see a fellow human languish in abject illiteracy all in the name of culture...wise up before its too late
you should be more concerned about people in IDP Camps in the North than Biafra issue.

3 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by 2buffagain(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
Igbo people must find a way to chop FLENTY FLENTY money from you regardless of the situation grin grin grin
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by adadike281(f): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
happney65:

Maybe your place sha and that is a small fraction..About over 90 Percent of tribes in the southeast pay so much on top say them wan marry..

And No,The Guy isnt Igbo..He is Yoruba
the truth is, he was misguided and he didn't verify well.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by jakandeola(m): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
LOLz.

pple dat sell dia daughter cos of marrage
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
you should be more concerned about people in IDP Camps in the North than Biafra issue.

it will shock u to let u know that i give no creep about biafra o .... i am not igbo so i do not care, heaven knows i pray for the pple in IDP camps , continue with ur evil acts as u claimed u r christian.... God hlp ur evil culture dats all
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by ottersberger(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
Permit me to participate is this discus. I happen to reside in the western world, and here in my neck of the woods, if you co-habit with a woman, and you have a child, in the absence of a valid and legal marriage decree, the child automatically bears its mother's name.
What that means is, although you're recognized as the biological father, legal custody continues to belong to the mother.

Similarly, If a lady is legally married to another man while an offspring fathered by you is brought forth to the world, that child belong to the legally married husband and bears his name, not you. This is a matter of national law.

These measures are set up to protect the family institution and provide a seeming protection to the weak, namely the child and mother.

Therefore, even oyinbo man recognizes that society is not well served when we become irresponsible and had taken steps to force compliance.

I think these practices, such as is in discussion here should be encouraged, but let us do it in a manner that encourage people to act responsibly.

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by emperorchedda(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
adadike281:
Lmao! OK now. as long as u are not lazy in all aspect
You sound quite intelligent. May I know you? I sent a PM
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Bahddo(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lol. Seems fair to me. Respect your woman, living or dead.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
2buffagain:

How can you claim to be a woman's Rights activist when you are still here supporting your tribe's archaic practices like selling women like property and also, quite frankly, insulting the personal agency of women and their ability to take responsibility for their own actions.

I bet your people traded you very well to your husband.
If there is one thing I will always laugh at, it's a feminist/WRH who allows herself to be traded like a thing to another person.
I just don't respect people who do not practice what they preach.
don't rub in my husband or family into your rant talk pls.
In Igbo Land, Women are not married cheaply because We Are Not Cheap.
Igbo Guys are not complaining, why will a Non-Igbo like you be having headache over Igbo bride price?
Who is forcing you to marry from Igbo land? Pls.
My hubby married me in a Rich way and I am proud of that because he knows my worth.
Is Gold gotten cheaply? You know the answer.

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
jakandeola:
pple dat sell dia daughter cos of marrage
Lolz. We are not cheap. Ok? You are not Igbo and Igbo guys are not complaining.
Now face your women.

3 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
eflintsone:
it will shock u to let u know that i give no creep about biafra o .... i am not igbo so i do not care, heaven knows i pray for the pple in IDP camps , continue with ur evil acts as u claimed u r christian.... God hlp ur evil culture dats all
atleast the "evil culture" did not make Igbos to be bombing themselves with a hope of meeting 7 virgins in heaven. Or does it?

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
atleast the "evil culture" did not make Igbos to be bombing themselves with a hope of meeting 7 virgins in heaven. Or does it?
oh poor u , this is the abject illiteracy i was talking about , that evil culture of urs and the bombers are all evil acts none is good ... i can see how others on here blasted ur comments , how did u become an human right activist ??
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
eflintsone:
oh poor u , this is the abject illiteracy i was talking about , that evil culture of urs and the bombers are all evil acts none is good ... i can see how others on here blasted ur comments , how did u become an human right activist ??
answer me, don't change the topic. Did the "culture" make Igbos to be bombing themselves with a hope of 7 virgins in heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Igweann979(f): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
A lesson to other men
Bahddo:
Lol. Seems fair to me. Respect your woman, living or dead.
noted
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=Amarabae post=57692427] answer me, don't change the topic. Did the "culture" make Igbos to be bombing themselves with a hope of 7 virgins in heaven?[/ this is the abject illiteracy i talked bout
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
answer me, don't change the topic. Did the "culture" make Igbos to be bombing themselves with a hope of 7 virgins in heaven?
this question shows you are in abject illiteracy ... tank u
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=eflintsone post=57692524][/quote] a UNN Graduate like me can never be an illiterate. Stay on the topic pls
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by agrovick(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
Isn't this greed? I understand this is tradition and it must be respected but then 800k is quite on the high side.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Psoul(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
seyizma:
To all my Nigerian Jewish brothers, I've completed the reading the Bible twice but never see where Jewish husband dey marry him dead body wife.

Abeg where una adopt your own culture, my fellow Jewish brothers?

Awon iran Ju! grin grin

My brother we have culture, we have respect for things. We do not just do things anyhow and do not live anyhow. Marriage to us means a lot. It was ordained by God and we, the Igbos respect it very well.
I kw in your tradition, a man can pick a girl from anywhere and she becomes his wife and the both families will not worry. So u ppl should continue in that line and allow us do our thing our way.
So shift very far from us

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Abagworo(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
That's Igbo culture and a very good one. It's a punishment for cohabitation and even if the man doesn't pay, his next generation still owes and it will keep accumulating.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
a UNN Graduate like me can never be an illiterate. Stay on the topic pls
you see what am saying lol , we have many graduates in your region that are still konk illiterates , you need to know the difference .... well stay online if you wanna learn more from me
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
Psoul:

My brother we have culture, we have respect for things. We do not just do things anyhow and do not live anyhow. Marriage to us means a lot. It was ordained by God and we, the Igbos respect it very well.
I kw in your tradition, a man can pick a girl from anywhere and she becomes his wife and the both families will not worry. So u ppl should continue in that line and allow us do our thing our way.
So shift very far from us
now answer this "did God ask any of his creatures to marry the dead ?? "
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by jakandeola(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amarabae:
Lolz. We are not cheap. Ok? You are not Igbo and Igbo guys are not complaining.
Now face your women.
d baesterd I date chinwe is a lesson dat I can neva date or marry demm I dint nid ibo ok.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by DaBillionnaire: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
jhydebaba:
See culture shocked in this 21st century

Whatever rocks their boats.

I aint touching any Igbo lady not even with a 100feet stick cheesy

Call me Afonja, na we we.

bros, u dey rap?
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Amarabae(f): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
jakandeola:
d baesterd I date chinwe is a lesson dat I can neva date or marry demm I dint nid ibo ok.
we don't need your type and we are not losing sleep over it.
Face your women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of 'dada' (dreadlocks) In Nigeria? / Nigerian Grandmother Shows Off Her Swags In New Photos. See What She Did / Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.