Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,070 members, 7,859,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

"Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story (72821 Views)

Man Who Woke Up After Being "Declared Dead" Holds Thanksgiving Service. PICS / "Nigerian Man Died In Australia & Woke Up In India" -Facebook User Claims (Pics) / Lady Says She Woke Up On Her Way To The Mortuary After Being Declared Dead. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by luvmijeje(f): 8:45am On Jun 21, 2017
Martinez19:
Thou art becoming suspicious, tell me your own grin. It is your own that I want to hear.

If you don't believe this then you can't believe my miracle.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by spacetacular(f): 8:49am On Jun 21, 2017
ExInferis:

Your case is hopeless.

You're too far gone.

Too far gone to where please? You are actually the lost cause here. You hear the word GOD and you get all panicky and begin to loose your mind and this shows in how badly you wish to discredit anything and everything verifiably linked to God's intervention.

I was like you even as a Nigerian resident in the UK but it took my colleague who happens to be a white British man who preached me into Christ and in Christ I am resolute and saved which I cannot say for you being the lost cause here.

In my line of work I see medically unjustifiable and unexplainable happen regularly and it further digs me deeper into Christ. I see people receive hope in their situation and a new lease of life the moment they embrace Christ which is something they never had when away from Him and you have to wonder, what or who could cause such a tangible radical change in such persons if he wasn't real? What or who would give verifiably self experiencing track records of change and growth if it or He wasn't a part of the change process?

You need to take several seats.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by mecussey(m): 8:51am On Jun 21, 2017
MzJin:

That's to tell u dt...Dia is a supernatural n extraordinary mystery Dat science can not comprehend.........bro

Any one who argues this one is a foolish person. I know some good atheists but 90% of Nigerian atheists are foolish and stttupid at the same time. When I meet those good atheists who argues that there is no God, I ask them one thing....what is that force that pushes people in the so called miracle churches? They practically dont know, and I tell them it is either evil force or holy force but sth is certain...there is force and that force is supernatural above science understanding. The spirit behind the holy force is called God and thats final.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by infolekan(m): 8:52am On Jun 21, 2017
Nigerians and the need to believe everything.
I'm a doctor and can't take away the place of miracle as I'm also a Christian....but I try to confirm most things to be sure they're true cos the Bible even encourages it.
Google search his name and the only place it came out is in Nigeria tabloids......searched Australia, India. Nothing, I mean nothing.
Searched his Cardiologist Professor......came back nil.
No hospital name was given.....either here in Nigeria or India or Australia.
Was expecting to see pictures of him with his Cardiologist Doctor......Nothing on that.
Nil expert made any comment....not his sponsors or his doctors.
Man declared dead that woke up in India alive calls for an inquiry in Australia...they don't take those things lightly cos it could be an opportunity to add to their knowledge.
Zoom straight to Nigeria......no picture suggesting such trip was posted.......no statement from anyone in authority or an expert......and it's hook, line and sinker.
The need to believe the supernatural supersedes common sense......even when this is happening in Nigeria where the dubious outnumber the straight in millions.
I personally takes this as just a publicity stunt until I see his page requesting for assistance.....or we can read about what happened to him in a more reliable dailies than tabloids in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by infolekan(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2017
mecussey:

Any one who argues this one is a foolish person. I know some good atheists but 90% of Nigerian atheists are foolish and stttupid at the same time. When I meet those good atheists who argues that there is no God, I ask them one thing....what is that force that pushes people in the so called miracle churches? They practically dont know, and I tell them it is either evil force or holy force but sth is certain...there is force and that force is supernatural above science understanding. The spirit behind the holy force is called God and thats final.
The force is poverty my friend on one end and the need to show off on the other end.
Ask how many go to church when they travel out. You'll be shocked. The love for God is easier measured when you don't need anything from God than when all your prayers are for material blessings and protection from village people.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by felixomor: 8:57am On Jun 21, 2017
infolekan:
Nigerians and the need to believe everything.
I'm a doctor and can't take away the place of miracle as I'm also a Christian....but I try to confirm most things to be sure they're true cos the Bible even encourages it.
Google search his name and the only place it came out is in Nigeria tabloids......searched Australia, India. Nothing, I mean nothing.
Searched his Cardiologist Professor......came back nil.
No hospital name was given.....either here in Nigeria or India or Australia.
Was expecting to see pictures of him with his Cardiologist Doctor......Nothing on that.
Nil expert made any comment....not his sponsors or his doctors.
Man declared dead that woke up in India alive calls for an inquiry in Australia...they don't take those things lightly cos it could be an opportunity to add to their knowledge.
Zoom straight to Nigeria......no picture suggesting such trip was posted.......no statement from anyone in authority or an expert......and it's hook, line and sinker.
The need to believe the supernatural supersedes common sense......even when this is happening in Nigeria where the dubious outnumber the straight in millions.
I personally takes this as just a publicity stunt until I see his page requesting for assistance.....or we can read about what happened to him in a more reliable dailies than tabloids in Nigeria.

There is another thread on this forum where some of his classmates spoke about him.
They also posted their watsapp group chats.
Research, u will find more about him.

What is the benefit of this publicity stunt, if i may ask?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by ThierryJay: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2017
spacetacular:

Too far gone to where please? You are actually the lost cause here. You hear the word GOD and you get all panicky and begin to loose your mind and this shows in how badly you wish to discredit anything and everything verifiably linked to God's intervention.

I was like you even as a Nigerian resident in the UK but it took my colleague who happens to be a white British man who preached me into Christ and in Christ I am resolute and saved which I cannot say for you being the lost cause here.

In my line of work I see medically unjustifiable and unexplainable happen regularly and it further digs me deeper into Christ. I see people receive hope in their situation and a new lease of life the moment they embrace Christ which is something they never had when away from Him and you have to wonder, what or who could cause such a tangible radical change in such persons if he wasn't real? What or who would give verifiably self experiencing track records of change and growth if it or He wasn't a part of the change process?

You need to take several seats.

You guys finally sent that half-baked IamaNigerian guy packing off this thread with his load of bunkum, and in polite logical fashion, I'm impressed.

When next the medical doctor wannabe sights you, I'm sure he'll scurry off with tails between his legs. lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Airtimex(m): 9:09am On Jun 21, 2017
sleekman:
you must be an atheist.

Not really bro
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Airtimex(m): 9:09am On Jun 21, 2017
Jayjey:

That means you don't believe in miracles. God is the greatest physician and if you don't believe then it is rather a pity.

No doubt bro
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Martinez19(m): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2017
luvmijeje:

If you don't believe this then you can't believe my miracle.
I didn't say I don't believe in that miracle. At I am asking is that you tell me your own. I must hear your own. grin wink
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 21, 2017
Fearlez:
if you're anyone of those in that pic, you're a bloody student doing clinicals
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Krixnimbus(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2017
God is wonderful, there is nothing too much for him to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by spacetacular(f): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2017
infolekan:

The force is poverty my friend on one end and the need to show off on the other end.
Ask how many go to church when they travel out. You'll be shocked. The love for God is easier measured when you don't need anything from God than when all your prayers are for material blessings and protection from village people.

Going to church is and has never been the yardstick for measuring Christianity. Going to church is just like attending classes in school for instruction so you can step out and begin to practice what you were taught.

However the Bible also said in John 14:26 and 1st John 2:27 that the Holy Spirit will teach you all things. You can actually sit with the word of God in your room and allow the Holy Spirit to breathe God's word on you and in you and your mind would be blown away. I do this at least twice a week and also go to church but I discovered that I receive more and get better grounded when I receive directly from the Holy Spirit.

Poverty isn't what draws People to God, Love is! Those who come based on poverty and other stuff outside of love are like the seeds that fell on the rock. They sprout quickly because the soil is shallow but their root was on the surface. Those ones get pulled away easily because situations of life brought them and same situations of life can take them away. But a man who loves God regardless of those situations of life is a good soil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by cbright4real(f): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2017
I thank God 4 ur life and ur healing shall be permanent in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Saintmary(f): 9:36am On Jun 21, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

This is not a miracle. It is a phenomenon well documented in the medical literature. It has happened before and will happen again.

The patient was mistakenly diagnosed as deceased after what was probably a cardiac arrest. He in all likelihood had spontaneous resumption of cardiac and circulatory activity. The technical term is ROSC
"A patient is not dead until he is warm and dead" is what you are taught in emergency medicine courses because cold preserves the vital organs and can allow recovery later.

In 19th century Europe and America , there were so many cases of people mistakenly thought dead who woke up, that a practice was established of keeping the 'corpse' in a room for 24 to 48 hours with a bell beside him/her. Friends and relatives would gather expectantly waiting with hope. If he awoke he was supposed to ring the bell.
That is the origin of the term 'wake keeping'
thanks for the info on wake keeping but if you read the post again he said he gave up before they could operate on him, so that means the hole in his heart was still there as at the time of death. When he woke up, the hole was gone. Can you explain this?
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by waldigit: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

This is not a miracle. It is a phenomenon well documented in the medical literature. It has happened before and will happen again.

The patient was mistakenly diagnosed as deceased after what was probably a cardiac arrest. He in all likelihood had spontaneous resumption of cardiac and circulatory activity. The technical term is ROSC
"A patient is not dead until he is warm and dead" is what you are taught in emergency medicine courses because cold preserves the vital organs and can allow recovery later.

In 19th century Europe and America , there were so many cases of people mistakenly thought dead who woke up, that a practice was established of keeping the 'corpse' in a room for 24 to 48 hours with a bell beside him/her. Friends and relatives would gather expectantly waiting with hope. If he awoke he was supposed to ring the bell.

I have been waiting for people like you and your likers. But all I can say as being led now is give your life to Jesus before its too lake and thank me later. Shalom

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Amberon11: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2017
You people are so quick to say rubbish about religion. How does this concern religion? This is a miracle and whether you accept it or not is irrelevant

That quack is who you call a professional? A medical doctor who says a person is certified dead when the body is warm and dead, is that one doctor? Thrash!

Student125:
Religion is doing more harm than good in Nigeria. Somebody who claim to be a professional in the field requested for image of the hole in heart when diagnosed and when disappear but I can see some religious bigot concluding it is miracle.
Some Nigerians can believe and accept anything thrown to them, forget Abt the initial gra gra, they will accept with quote from their religious book.
We may not have answers to some happening, but that doesn't make them miracle, we just need to research more to find answers.
I am nt saying there are no wonders but,
#If we must progress, we need to start thinking.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by BumbleBee2ice(f): 9:58am On Jun 21, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Ok but now pls explain to your audience the disappearance of d holes in his heart. Thank U!

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:00am On Jun 21, 2017
Airtimex:

Nope
Then pls come back nd comment after u might av succeeded in reading d story.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by jennifer22(f): 10:10am On Jun 21, 2017
adadike281:
Who said ' there is no God'?

Only the fools say there is no God.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Drogo(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2017
Airtimex:
Fake doctors everywhere lipsrsealed
Always wear your thinking cap before commenting.thank you.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

u mean u jst gve out this lecture free of charge Tanx...nice information
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Amberon11: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Even I am s medical student and it is very evident that you have faltered severally on this thread already. Quit trying to sound "medical", you're at best a quack.

"A person is certified dead when the body is warm and dead" Lmao!!!!
IamaNigerianGuy:

You are not writing like one.

I stand by my statement that the patient was erroneously categorized as dead. That is very clear to me maybe not to you. If you have taken an ACLS course at the minimum you would have come across this explained.
No retreat on that point.EVER.

I also state that to prove that a VSD in this adult has closed spontaneously, I must see evidence, and not oral evidence from a layman, journalist or the patient viz IMAGING supporting the claim with comparison data taken before the alledged closure.

Is that an issue for you ?

I
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Amberon11: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2017
Hahahah
spacetacular:

Word of advice and caution. Rather than your current display of ignorance based on your inner vexation why not make some effort to reach out to the young man or his doctor and prove or disprove him.

You sound like you need antidepressants.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by dalaman: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2017
spacetacular:

And they should believe you? What is your specialty?

What is your own specialty? Answer it and don't run from it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by dalaman: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2017
felixomor:

He doesnt have.
I have asked him twice

What is your own specialty? You alqays ask people for theirs without even stating yours. Isn't that hypocrisy? Tell us your or don't ever open your filthy mouth and ask any body for his since you can't state yours.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Amberon11: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2017
Fatality cheesy cheesy cheesy
spacetacular:

I am not like those who fancy debates with people. I say you are ignorant and you say I am and I am fine with that.

If I choose to go full medical with you, you would need to go back to medical school for an update "that is if you are even medically inclined"..
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by felixomor: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2017
dalaman:

What is your own specialty? You alqays ask people for theirs without even stating yours. Isn't that hypocrisy? Tell us your or don't ever open your filthy mouth and ask any body for his since you can't state yours.

Dullardman undecided

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by dalaman: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2017
felixomor:

Dullardman undecided

You have non. Don't ever ask anybody to give you what you don't have and can not give. You have no specialty but are always quick too open your mouth full of filth and be asking others about theirs.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by felixomor: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2017
dalaman:

You have non. Don't ever ask anybody to give you what you don't have and can not give. You have no specialty but are always quick too open your mouth full of filth and be asking others about theirs.
Dullardman,
Have u found "Jesus" in the koran now?
grin

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by dalaman: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2017
felixomor:

Dullardman,
Have u found "Jesus" in the koran now?
grin

What is your specialty Ogbeni? You have non Mr lie lie doctor.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by felixomor: 10:52am On Jun 21, 2017
dalaman:

What is your specialty Ogbeni? You have non Mr lie lie doctor.
Don't wait for any answer,
By now u should know chameleons don't understand human language.
You are only good for use as comic relief grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dances With His Wife During Church Service. (Photos) / Pastor Stopped From Conducting Naming Ceremony In Ondo Over Coronavirus / Queen Esther, An Usher: "Apostle Suleman And I Were In Sexual Relationship"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.