Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it (2253 Views)

4.5gb Via *229*10*16# With New Etisalat SIM Cards Ended? / Airtel Sim Swap Charges / How To Get N4,000 Bonus Airtime On Your Old Etisalat Sim Card For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by bappahman: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
I went today to swap my 7 year old sim that stopped working, the people asked me for ID nd I provided them with 2 ID cards ( A federal University ID card nd My work ID card, Also an FG agency) only to be told that they can't accept them. I need a Drivers licence ( I don't own a car) or a Voters card ( I don't Vote) or an international Passport ( me that don't own a car, where will I get Passport). so I had to leave but luckily Airtel accepts FG IDs nd doesn't require you to own a car or vote for anyone first.
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by smartty68(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
They should have also asked you for certificate of occupancy. Nonsense people
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by Saimonday: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
It happened to me too, i provided my school ID but they refused, i thought it was only in kaduna that they were that stupid, i was happy to read they have been losing customers
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by bappahman: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
the sad thing is that other bigger service providers accept recognised IDs,
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by Saimonday: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
bad policy nd expensive data will see to their downfall, i pity thier staffs even though they too are not helping matters
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by bappahman: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
@saimonday, the office was practically empty.
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by Saimonday: 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Same with kaduna office you hardly find any customers nd yet you need to bring your life record to get a new sim or sim swap

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by dominique(f): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
MTN did same to me. I could have easily gone back the following with my driver's licence but I left their line for them.
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by bappahman: 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
Students nd under 18s cant swap or own an Etisalat line, as they dont own a drivers license or a voters card
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by sorextee(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
All those rules are being laid Down by NCC.. Probably the staff might think u re from NCC, pretending to misplace a sim... Telcos found guilty of such will face a lot of sanctions...

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by Nbote(m): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
Some of una sef... Se as d OP jus sensationalize d mata. MTN offices have done worse... D issue isn't peculiar to jus etisalat alone.. All of dem usually require a VALID NATIONAL ID and most especially ur manner of approach. I've done a sim swap after I forgot my sim where I travelled to by providing every single detail about d line. I didn't even have d sim pack anymore. I explained to dem my predicament and asked dem to check and confirm if any of d info I have given is wrong. Some of their agents can b overzealous atimes but ur conclusion is totally illogical. And for some ppls assertion dat dey are losing customers already is simply laughable.. I'll use an etisalat 1k sub over d same 1k sub on Glo or any other network at DAT any day...
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by Nbote(m): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
sorextee:
All those rules are being laid Down by NCC.. Probably the staff might think u re from NCC, pretending to misplace a sim... Telcos found guilty of such will face a lot of sanctions...

No mind d OP... Mtn's even worse...
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by sorextee(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
Just heard recently, that someone from abuja went to etisalat office to swap the line of d EFCC chairman.. Cnt remember his name... D person came with a voters card...

I heard so many staff have lost their jobs cos of 300 naira simswap.. The op thinks swapping a sim today is same as that of those days... Thats why no one registers Sims outside again..

Nbote:
Some of una sef... Se as d OP jus sensationalize d mata. MTN offices have done worse... D issue isn't peculiar to jus etisalat alone.. All of dem usually require a VALID NATIONAL ID and most especially ur manner of approach. I've done a sim swap after I forgot my sim where I travelled to by providing every single detail about d line. I didn't even have d sim pack anymore. I explained to dem my predicament and asked dem to check and confirm if any of d info I have given is wrong. Some of their agents can b overzealous atimes but ur conclusion is totally illogical. And for some ppls assertion dat dey are losing customers already is simply laughable.. I'll use an etisalat 1k sub over d same 1k sub on Glo or any other network at DAT any day...

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by ddjay: 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
bappahman:
I went today to swap my 7 year old sim that stopped working, the people asked me for ID nd I provided them with 2 ID cards ( A federal University ID card nd My work ID card, Also an FG agency) only to be told that they can't accept them. I need a Drivers licence ( I don't own a car) or a Voters card ( I don't Vote) or an international Passport ( me that don't own a car, where will I get Passport). so I had to leave but luckily Airtel accepts FG IDs nd doesn't require you to own a car or vote for anyone first.
don't mind them, access bank has acquired Etisalat. see watin shakara cus ba
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by bappahman: 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nbote:
Check the monthly user numbers released by NCC, etisalat is the last nd has lost over 4 million customers in 10 months
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by lawrence35(m): 10:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
sorextee:
Tell Dem... Any network that swap without asking for valid ID .. call NCC on Dem.
Re: Etisalat Sim Swap: You Need A Driver's license And Above 18 to do it by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 21, 2017
bappahman:
By dear friend they were right for asking for identity card. The only recognize ones was the ones asked by them your school identity can't be considered because it's easily faked

(1) (Reply)

What Phone Can I Get For A Budget Of ₦50k To ₦70k / Help Me!! Which Phone Should I Get For #40,000(new Or Fairly Used) / Poco M3 Users .... Get In Here !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.