Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Airtel Sim Swap Charges - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Sim Swap Charges (7198 Views)

FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas / Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders / How To Retrieve Your Lost/damaged Airtel Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
This is not condemn the network rather this is to call the attention of the Network to the unacceptable charges for Sim Swaps at showrooms.

My phone was stolen yesterday afternoon and I called the show room at Palms Mall Ibadan to confirm their closing time, I was told 6pm. It was few minutes to 6 and evident I couldn't make it there before they close, thus decided to go today.
I got to the showroom around 1pm today and was given the form to fill. This i did, was further asked if I have an I.D card and I said yes. Fast forward to my turn, the guy asked for the Sim certificate and I told his its far beyond reach and he doesn't expect me to travel to get it(response not in a friendly way though as I am still peevish because of my stolen phone). He checked further and told me I have double registration on my line and I asked him whose fault that is? For I registered my line only once. His colleague asked him if I am one of those affected by double registration, he acknowledged that statement. While in the process I asked him how much Sim replacement cost and he said #1200 I was so angry that how can they charge a whopping #1200 for Sim replacement?
He said the line has to be recharged with #1000 and Sim is #200. The statement pissed me off for I can't imagine being mandated to have #1000 recharged for me when I don't need it. I told him I recharged #500 before the incidence which I had a balance of #486 and 1gb data running. I asked him to check the line well if it appears like an inactive line to him.
Note: I went there with just #500 and hoping I will pay for Sim #150 at most and use the rest for tfare.

As if that wasn't enough I was told I will need to do an affidavit of my line since it has double registration on it and affidavit cost #1500+. He asked for the date I registered the line, I told him the month and the year, this he confirmed. So where is the double registration coming from?

To me this isn't fair on customer part, recharging of lines shouldn't be mandated. (other means of generating revenue should be adopted not via sim swaps) For a customer to request for Sim Swap certainly means that line will be used. I am sure many would have had this same encounter and have felt bad about it just as I did. Secondly since they know there is an error of people having double registration, why task them to do affidavit? Which will inccur extra money.

The process really needs to be reviewed in my own honest opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by XFrozen: 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yewandequeen:
This is not condemn the network rather this is to call the attention of the Network to the unacceptable charges for Sim Swaps at showrooms.

My phone was stolen yesterday afternoon and I called the show room at Palms Mall Ibadan to confirm their closing time, I was told 6pm. It was few minutes to 6 and evident I couldn't make it there before they close, thus decided to go today.
I got to the showroom around 1pm today and was given the form to fill. This i did, was further asked if I have an I.D card and I said yes. Fast forward to my turn, the guy asked for the Sim certificate and I told his its far beyond reach and he doesn't expect me to travel to get it(response not in a friendly way though as I am still peevish because of my stolen phone). He checked further and told me I have double registration on my line and I asked him whose fault that is? For I registered my line only once. His colleague asked him if I am one of those affected by double registration, he acknowledged that statement. While in the process I asked him how much Sim replacement cost and he said #1200 I was so angry that how can they charge a whopping #1200 for Sim replacement?
He said the line has to be recharged with #1000 and Sim is #200. The statement pissed me off for I can't imagine being mandated to have #1000 recharged for me when I don't need it. I told him I recharged #500 before the incidence which I had a balance of #486 and 1gb data running. I asked him to check the line well if it appears like an inactive line to him.
Note: I went there with just #500 and hoping I will pay for Sim #150 at most and use the rest for tfare.

As if that wasn't enough I was told I will need to do an affidavit of my line since it has double registration on it and affidavit cost #1500+. He asked for the date I registered the line, I told him the month and the year, this he confirmed. So where is the double registration coming from?

To me this isn't fair on customer part, recharging of lines shouldn't be mandated. (other means of generating revenue should be adopted not via sim swaps) For a customer to request for Sim Swap certainly means that line will be used. I am sure many would have had this same encounter and have felt bad about it just as I did. Secondly since they know there is an error of people having double registration, why task them to do affidavit? Which will inccur extra money.

The process really needs to be reviewed in my own honest opinion.

I'm a victim also....
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
XFrozen:

I'm a victim also....

It's not cool at all. I was so angry like kilode.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Mc1darful(m): 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
Even to buy new sim card at their care center..! You either buy a data sim pre-loaded with subscription worth 1k, or airtime worth..! @NCC. @airtel service center.... Take charge..

1 Like

Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by encryptjay(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
Fraudulent activities being perpetrated by these guys.
My contacts aren't much so switching SIMs has always been easy.
Airtel service centers are always trying to force people to recharge one way or the other.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
encryptjay:
Fraudulent activities being perpetrated by these guys.
My contacts aren't much so switching SIMs has always been easy.
Airtel service centers are always trying to force people to recharge one way or the other.
By force is a wrong thing to do.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Mc1darful:
Even to buy new sim card at their care center..! You either buy a data sim pre-loaded with subscription worth 1k, or airtime worth..! @NCC. @airtel service center.... Take charge..
There are other ways to generate revenue but not this crooked way.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by kayodedada1(m): 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
I payed 1k to replace my Mtn sim..... Ncc has to do something about it
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Greatzeus(m): 1:30am On Sep 09, 2017
Last week Tuesday my Phone was stolen.Same day i went straight to a newly opened Mtn office at Ogba bus-stop. Where i met a guy,named Stanley,a nice,well mannered gentleman.There were 3 people there before me so i waited for my turn.I explained my ordeal to him,even though i needed my sim pack,i was not with it, i showed him my I.D and wrote few contacts i could remember,i was told to pay N550,that the sim will be activated in 2 hours time with N500 credit. Everything took less than 20mins.
I then went straight to Airtel office at Ikeja,Oba Akran precisely,just before under-bridge Ikeja,where i met a man. I told him my phone was stolen and i want to retrieve my sim as a matter of urgency.He told me those to attend to me are not around so i have to come back the next day ,this was around after 5pm. The next day i got there around 12pm,where i met a lot of people sitting,waiting to be attended to,i was given a number 64,i was like wtf angry
Did i mention that i fruitlessly looked for airtel office at Ogba but to no avail. The one at Ijaiye road as closed up,another trader is using the shop now. As i sat at their office waiting for my turn,a young man stood up and started complaining about the delay,others also joined him to show their support wink,but me i just sat there thinking of having to buy another phone that day,an expenses that i never planned for chai embarassed angry.
After about 2hours or so,it got to my turn,i was asked to pay N1100,to retrieve my sim,chai cry i gave the guy N1200,he said no N100 with him so he will credit the sim with my N100 balance
When i left their office,i had to get a new phone, coolwhat will man do. In every situation,there will always be a reason to glorify God. End of story cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 6:52am On Sep 09, 2017
Greatzeus:
Last week Tuesday my Phone was stolen.Same day i went straight to a newly opened Mtn office at Ogba bus-stop. Where i met a guy,named Stanley,a nice,well mannered gentleman.There were 3 people there before me so i waited for my turn.I explained my ordeal to him,even though i needed my sim pack,i was not with it, i showed him my I.D and wrote few contacts i could remember,i was told to pay N550,that the sim will be activated in 2 hours time with N500 credit. Everything took less than 20mins.
I then went straight to Airtel office at Ikeja,Oba Akran precisely,just before under-bridge Ikeja,where i met a man. I told him my phone was stolen and i want to retrieve my sim as a matter of urgency.He told me those to attend to me are not around so i have to come back the next day ,this was around after 5pm. The next day i got there around 12pm,where i met a lot of people sitting,waiting to be attended to,i was given a number 64,i was like wtf angry
Did i mention that i fruitlessly looked for airtel office at Ogba but to no avail. The one at Ijaiye road as closed up,another trader is using the shop now. As i sat at their office waiting for my turn,a young man stood up and started complaining about the delay,others also joined him to show their support wink,but me i just sat there thinking of having to buy another phone that day,an expenses that i never planned for chai embarassed angry.
After about 2hours or so,it got to my turn,i was asked to pay N1100,to retrieve my sim,chai cry i gave the guy N1200,he said no N100 with him so he will credit the sim with my N100 balance
When i left their office,i had to get a new phone, coolwhat will man do. In every situation,there will always be a reason to glorify God. End of story cheesy wink
You see? He even cheated you. You were meant to be credited with #1000 airtime and the sim is #200.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Eeeyah
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Harjet(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2017
@yewandequeen, airtel swap should be 600 naira. U'll be given 400 naira recharge and the 200 naira is for the payment for Sim card.. My mum still did hers for that price this year even I did mine at that amount.. Goto their main office at secretariat
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by XFrozen: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Yewandequeen:

It's not cool at all. I was so angry like kilode.
I'm waiting for them to bring the xpen and smart cove. At least it's pay as you go. .. The phone is good and affordable not like other brands that will add pen and sell the device 20000k
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Emeka71(m): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
I also experienced this when I went to thier Adeniran Ogunsanya office at Surulere to retrieve my Airtel line on 29\4\2017 ; they were charging N1,200.00 and claimed that your line will be recharged with N1,000.00 I went ther with about N750 because I believed the thing should not cost more than N500 especially at thier Surulere office when the thing got to my turn after the guy attended to me he said I should give him N1200 but I told him I came with only N750+ then he took N500 from my money and released meand then I thanked him and left ; but mind you I didn't get any airtime and I did't mind because I was not concerned about airtime but about getting back my main line which I have not used since August 2016 when My phone was stolen. @Yewandequeen ; I thought you were an airtel staff.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
Emeka71:
; I thought you [b]were[/b]an airtel staff.
Were, right.
Not anymore.
But doesn't mean I can't air my view na being a customer.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Emeka71(m): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
Yewandequeen:

Were, right.
Not anymore.
But doesn't mean I can't air my view na being a customer.
Yes That is cool; I was wondering because I remember you have solved some issues regarding my airtel line in the time past.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2017
Emeka71:
Yes That is cool; I was wondering because I remember you have solved some issues regarding my airtel line in the time past.
smiley
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by achemasamuel(m): 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2018
Its 2018 and I still have similar problem.
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by RatedStar: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2018
They say to upgrade your sim to 4G is free but when you get to their office, you will be asked to pay #500 for airtime. As far as Airtel is concerned, nothing is free
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Yewandequeen(f): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2018
RatedStar:
They say to upgrade your sim to 4G is free but when you get to their office, you will be asked to pay #500 for airtime. Ad far as Airtel is concerned, nothing is free
grin
Re: Airtel Sim Swap Charges by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 30, 2018
Glo and MTN is worst off

(1) (Reply)

Make Your Java Phone Work Like A Symbian/android Phone / How Can I Install Whatsapp On My Asha 202? / Get Download Links To Any Android App Or Game Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.