Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,941 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) (31063 Views)

Man Who Dressed Like A Lady To Extort Money From Guys, Caught & Stripped(Photos) / Man Uses POS To Defraud Customers N1.2b (photo) / 'We Steal From Bike Riders Who Patronize Prostitutes At Night' - Robbers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by COdeGenesis: 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
Believe this at your peril

1 Like

Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by COOLDK(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
MadCow1:

I would love to be extorted this way by the police. In under 2 hours after leaving the spot, there will be a civil suit in court for 250 million Naira against the Police.

Where will you get your evidence? Or the police will watch you take a snap or record a video.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
Rubbish! this is perhaps a speed reading device.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by ednut1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
lies
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by muller101(m): 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
The police is our friend
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by AntiWailer: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
Which bank gave NPF POS ?

That is the question we need to ask.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

That policeman deserves a cold bottle of Guinness stout for his ingenuity.
That's what the NPF needs now...officers who think outside the box.

Drivers and commuters have gotten so clever these days that they always feign one excuse when stopped at checkpoints.

Now there is no excuse anymore, you must pay for your crime literally.

That POS procedure was actually the idea of his boss and those at the top.

There is lack of trust amongst the personnel. People posted at strategic places must remit and meet certain financial aka 'egunje' target.

The best way for them to monitor and make sure the every single kobo of the loot comes back to the DPO's table is POS.

Pos is for the DPO, cash at hand is for the boyz on the frontline.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
gypsey:
Rubbish! this is perhaps a speed reading device.

Yea yea, it's not just a speed reading device, it's a breathalyser.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by OlowoB(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
gbosaa:

There is lack of trust amongst the personnel. People posted at strategic places must remit and meet certain financial aka 'egunje' target.

The best way for them to monitor and make sure the every single kobo of the loot comes back to the DPO's table is POS.

You are an old time member of Nairaland and very knowledgeable (based on your past posts which i have read on here). I am surprised you also believe that clip it is well.

Cc: madcow1 (okijajuju)
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by sosoliso123: 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
agbowa police are same
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by tunatrezy(m): 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
if you watch closely the police officer must be an ibo man. I hail thee
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Zaen: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
what won't we see in this Nigeria? iWeak
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Toosure70: 8:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
Is normal in a cashless economy.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
If this is true then it would be easy to catch the policeman and get him suspended for bribery... you can trace the account linked to the POS.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Flamzey00(m): 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
Messed up country. D only country capable of making irrelevant tinz look big.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by chuksjuve(m): 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nigerian police Force test running the corruption cashless policy to eliminate traces of physical corruption..

Taking corruption to the next level....

Kudos Guys...you rock..
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by MadCow1: 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
COOLDK:

Where will you get your evidence? Or the police will watch you take a snap or record a video.

If you need to ask for where I would get the evidence then you are not thinking as well as you should.

Relax your mind and ask yourself; How would I prove in court that the Police made me pay a bribe via a POS.

grin
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by MadCow1: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
Iamsammy:
and u also believe dat pool put up by one Hungary blogger just to drive traffic?

Bro... Stranger things have happened.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
This news is fake, video is too short to prove the Op, but of course bloggers will write anything to generate traffic. Why would a policeman use POS to extort? Wat sense does it make? paying with cash is untraceable while pos is traceable... do the maths. maybe someone someone is making report about paying with POS and his card has been charged while seller said otherwise, or police said what's in ur bag, man brings out POS, could be anything.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
gbosaa:

And u believe this rubbish? Even if a policeman wants to receive bribe with POS then he would do it on the road where everyone is passing? Is he that daft? What happens to going inside a police van and do it.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Tunjido: 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The truth must be said corruption has actually increased and become more desperate under the Buhari govt just like it was experienced during his last stint as head of state too...Buhari is actually the architect of desperate Nigerian corruption not because he wants too but because his bad leadership always thrust so much uncertainty and poverty on Nigerians so much that the citizen adapt to being ultra desperate and corrupt just so they can survive
beautiful nonsense man... who is not corrupt and shey corruption just start ni?? Na your poverty leads to corruption.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by SalamRushdie: 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
Tunjido:
beautiful nonsense man... who is not corrupt and shey corruption just start ni?? Na your poverty leads to corruption.

I am not corrupt but I know you are
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by OLA2185(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The truth must be said corruption has actually increased and become more desperate under the Buhari govt just like it was experienced during his last stint as head of state too...Buhari is actually the architect of desperate Nigerian corruption not because he wants too but because his bad leadership always thrust so much uncertainty and poverty on Nigerians so much that the citizen adapt to being ultra desperate and corrupt just so they can survive

corruption as always been in Nigerians blood,
this incumbent government as just been exposing it than the previous ones.

Stop saying nonsense.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Teemoney555(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
Police and the Judiciary na pple wey dey spoil this country. [b][/b]
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by banmee(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:
The foundation of the NPF is faulty

It is not an NPF problem. It is a Nigerian problem. Corruption is to ingrained in the social structure of Nigeria and it will be next to impossible to uproot.
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Tunjido: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I am not corrupt but I know you are
yes I agreed I'm corrupt... but you are not Then my Man Continue to be a poor 4 naija where we dey
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by SalamRushdie: 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Tunjido:
yes I agreed I'm corrupt... but you are not Then my Man Continue to be a poor 4 naija where we dey

Stop deceiving yourself please

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Godson201333(m): 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
Its nothing new...It happening already in western world as long as they using it for the right purpose...
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by don89(m): 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
WHY DO WE BELIEVE EVERY ACCUSATION ABOUT POLICE? THE VIDEO CANNOT EVEN PROVE IF THE OFFICER IS ASKING HIM TO PAY WITH POS OR NOT AND WE HAVE ALREADY ARRIVED TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THERE IS BRIBE GOING ON WITH POS. I BLAME THE GOVERNMENT WHO HAS REDUCED THEIR IMAGE TO NOTHING . THE WAY WE WANT OUR POLICE TO BE. THAT'S HOW IT WILL BE. THE NAME YOU GIVE YOUR DOG ...........
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Morrihz(m): 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lol the Police have really upgraded
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by Iamsammy(m): 12:03am On Jun 21, 2017
MadCow1:

Bro... Stranger things have happened.
not only stranger na visitor. for a policeman to b using pos
Re: Policeman Uses A POS To Extort Money From Bike Rider In Lagos (Video) by pokipoki: 4:33am On Jun 21, 2017
Iamsammy:
all dz bloggers will just do anything to shade police, one question u shud ask ursef is, is d pos registered with d police guy account?. and wat will a policeman b doing with a pos terminal
Sensible observation!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SARS Shoots Ram Seller Dead At A Market In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Man Kills His Cousin In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Abule Egba Resident Carries Ritual With Manager Photo On It To IKEDC Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.