Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,007 members, 7,814,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) (50100 Views)

4 RCCG Kidnapped Members Rescued By Police In Ogun / Olu Onemola Resigns As SA To Senate President Ahmed Lawan / SARS Operatives Banned From Conducting Stop & Search By Police IG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
Monkeys and Baboons grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Xkalaban(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lol, this is Juria. One day! One trouble! The 4uckin popo shldn't be mounting road blocks & be harrassing motorists unless they have reasonable Intel that there are criminals on the loose within or around the area. #GetPoliceOffOurRoads#

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Tecno66: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
SA my foot.
LivingHuman:
A Nigerian police officer showed his gallantry when a 'politician' tried to intimidate him on a highway in Delta state.

The incident which was captured in trending video showed the man telling the officer who was on duty that he will not open his car boot after the policeman pulled him over for a search.

He said "I will rather die than to open any boot, you are doing an illegal job here"

The man is seen calling a senior police officer in Delta who instructed the policeman not to check the man's trunk 'because he is an S/A to a politician in the state'.

Seeing that the young police officer was not intimidated, the 'politician' stepped out of his car and opened the boot

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/06/i-will-not-open-my-boot-between-police.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKYdMaG1klU
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by dyangprof(m): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
Something is definitely wrong with this country. We were coming back from home just yesterday and the police stopped us. My guy was asked to show his papers, he gave them.

While they were still holding it, they asked him us him to come out of his car. He asked why, and they start pointing gun and threatening to beat him up. He was forced to do everything because somehow, they've observed he is just a common man.

Now, here is someone who has given every reason to be beaten and dragged outa that car for asoulting and using faul language against an officer on duty. They're only pleading with him to open booth. Giving him that VIP consideration in the line of duty. Which means even if he had human head in that car, it wouldn't have mattered.

And you say the rich and poor are equal before the law. That is a fat lie. Even rich criminal like Evans aren't given same treatment with other regular kidnappers. All caught kidnappers were paraded sitting on the ground with their shirts removed and their weapons before them.

Evans was given a chair to sit on and the liberty to talk to press people.

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by whitecloth: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

And you say the rich and poor are equal before the law. That is a fat lie. Even rich criminal like Evans aren't given same treatment with other regular kidnappers. All caught kidnappers were paraded sitting on the ground with their shirts removed and their weapons before them.

You're absolutely correct bro, thanks for this keen observation
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
the same junior ranking policeman has maltreated so many low ranking masses.

1 Like

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Friends, you are invited to our "SUPERNATURAL TURNAROUND BANQUET SERVICE" at any LIVING FAITH CHURCH close to you.

DATE: Sunday, 25th June 2017.
TIME: 1st Service; 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
2nd Service; 9:30 am to 11:30 am.

COME AND EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF THE GOD OF WINNERS IN YOUR LIFE.

"MY CASE IS DIFFERENT"

#winnersfamilyworldwide

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by chuks34(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ehm

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by purplekayc(m): 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thank God bfir YouTube
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by purplekayc(m): 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thank God for YouTube
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Aragon: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
That is the most Stupid man I have ever seen, he is lucky it didn't happen in the United States they will shoot him if he jumped out of the Car like that. Little position and he is thinking he is above the law. Rubbish
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by ebby9z(m): 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
Give Nigerians small taste of power like this and they'll start acting wildly. See the way he was ranting and howling just because he "knows someone" in the force. And that idiot too had to call the gallant, fearless officer stupid. When the head is bad...
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by DrogoG(m): 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2017
Imagine what would have happened if the guy was an ordinary citizen who is not "connected". The police would have given him a beating of his life and still impound his car for no reason.

So don't sympathize with these corrupt policemen. A corrupt politician met corrupt policemen. That's fun to watch.

In Nigeria, all politicians and police force are corrupt. Politicians think they're above the law, and police also think they're above the law and can do whatever they want!

2 Likes

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by ziga: 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
misano:

Watin U want? If dem nor stop D man U go complain. Now dey stop D man U still dey complain. I beg I wan knw, watin U want. Make gov fry egg give U chop?

From everything I type, you know fit understand wetin I want.

Oga police angry angry angry

After dem don catch real criminals finish, then make dem continue with their check point business.

In fact, I go build check point with AC booth in their honor.
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by mechanics(m): 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
nawa o, this are the people denting the image of our great country, just to obey simple instructions, he kept on arguing which he later complied, he thought he's above the law.
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by tiger28: 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
This needs to be THOROUGHLY investigated. Who was the so called senior officer that asked the policeman not to check his boot ??then calling him stupid??
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by richeeyo(m): 12:05am On Jun 22, 2017
ojibole:
police own too much abeg nice 1 mr special advicer
I heard one of your family member was killed by the police for armed robbery, but don't blame the men in black they were just doing their job
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by InvertedHammer: 12:08am On Jun 22, 2017
He intimidated them else when he opened the booth they should have checked the spare tire compactment to ensure that he wasn't hiding drugs/guns/human parts there.
He wasn't even searched. Waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by MadCow1: 12:26am On Jun 22, 2017
udumosam23:
Something is definitely wrong with this country. We were coming back from home just yesterday and the police stopped us. My guy was asked to show his papers, he gave them.

While they were still holding it, they asked him us him to come out of his car. He asked why, and they start pointing gun and threatening to beat him up. He was forced to do everything because somehow, they've observed he is just a common man.

Now, here is someone who has given every reason to be beaten and dragged outa that car for asoulting and using faul language against an officer on duty. They're only pleading with him to open booth. Giving him that VIP consideration in the line of duty. Which means even if he had human head in that car, it wouldn't have mattered.

You do know the police needs a warrant to search your vehicle right?

You do realise that a stop and search checkpoint need to be backed by a signed warrant from a judge with the appropriate jurisdiction right?

You also realise that you have a right to privacy as per the constitution right?

You also know that the only time an officer has the right to search your vehicle without a warrant is if he has "probable cause" to do so right? And in this case there was none.

Know your rights my friend. This man was well within his rights to refuse that search.

And the excuse of "if you have nothing to hide" does not take away ones right to privacy.

If an officer has no rights to search your bags, house, phones or laptop without a warrant, what makes you think it is okay for them to search your vehicle without one?

Do you know the difference between a legal and illegal checkpoint? Have you tried to see how a police checkpoint affects your constitutional right to "freedom of movement"?

Don't be in a rush to come at me with insults as all I am trying to get you to do is find out more about your rights and privileges under the law and how the Police does not have the powers to violate or vacate those rights without a warrant.

I just find it shocking how ignorant of the law and their rights a lot of Nigerians are. I went through all the comments here and nobody seems to see that the Police Officers were actually violating that man's right by invading his privacy without a warrant. Some people even said "Why not obey order", meanwhile the same people applauded the guy who refused to open the door of his house when the police came to search it at night. grin The same people saying "if he has nothing to hide why not comply" come here to insult the police when they stop people on the street and demand to search their phones and laptops. grin I just thought to point out the ignorance of many Nigerians which is why the Police have been acting like there is no law guiding their operations thereby violating people's rights on a daily basis.

If you doubt me, find a good lawyer and ask him.

MadCow

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by ajsans: 1:03am On Jun 22, 2017
MadCow1:

You do realise that a stop and search checkpoint need to be backed by a signed warrant from a judge with the appropriate jurisdiction right?

You also realise that you have a right to privacy as per the constitution right?

You also know that the only time an officer has the right to search your vehicle without a warrant is if he has "probable cause" to do so right? And in this case there was none.

Know your rights my friend. This man was well within his rights to refuse that search.

And the excuse of "if you have nothing to hide" does not take away ones right to privacy.

If an officer has no rights to search your bags, house, phones or laptop without a warrant, what makes you think it is okay for them to search your vehicle without one?

Do you know the difference between a legal and illegal checkpoint? Have you tried to see how a police checkpoint affects your constitutional right to "freedom of movement"?

Don't be in a rush to come at me with insults as all I am trying to get you to do is find out more about your rights and privileges under the law and how the Police does not have the powers to violate or vacate those rights without a warrant.

I just find it shocking how ignorant of the law and their rights a lot of Nigerians are. I went through all the comments here and nobody seems to see that the Police Officers were actually violating that man's right by invading his privacy without a warrant. Some people even said "Why not obey order", meanwhile the same people applauded the guy who refused to open the door of his house when the police came to search it at night. grin The same people saying "if he has nothing to hide why not comply" come here to insult the police when they stop people on the street and demand to search their phones and laptops. grin I just thought to point out the ignorance of many Nigerians which is why the Police have been acting like there is no law guiding their operations thereby violating people's rights on a daily basis.

MadCow
MadCow, please where can I get to read up about this nigeria human right and laws.

1 Like

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by hokafor(m): 1:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Just because this retard is just SA to one criminal politician he thinks he is above the law. The poor officer was begging him like a baby, Only in Nigeria that country stinks
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by madjune(m): 2:01am On Jun 22, 2017
What's the name of the movie?

Boot?
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by victorazy(m): 2:27am On Jun 22, 2017
udumosam23:

is called zoo not country
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by charlesucheh(m): 3:27am On Jun 22, 2017
the police officer too was resilient.... chai !!! i bow for that officer... but wait o!! we need to know who that man called that was insulting the police man as being "stupid"..... who be that sef??
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by 1metre: 5:31am On Jun 22, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Honestly I used to think the police were wrong for all those stop and search antics. But going by the rate of ritual killings in the south, and body parts being used for whatever reasons, you better stop and open your modafu¢king boot you scumbag.

And yes, politicians are regular customers to ritualistic so they too should open their boots too
by common sense, u can deduce the fact that most people who carry exhibits may not convey it using their various cars, they may hv employed more smart ways of doing things. I do not condemn stop n search rather to alert the cops that the bad people they are looking for are living in their various houses among us. They can be track down by organised whistle blowing.
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by toye440: 5:37am On Jun 22, 2017
see im big head like Melaye.
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by hahn(m): 5:46am On Jun 22, 2017
MadCow1:

MadCow

The only thing that surprised me about this thread is how Nigerians are defending the same police officers that would trample on the rights of anyone average person without hesitation

This really proves that Nigerians do not have any idea about how the world is supposed to work

We are relying hugely on guesswork
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Olisa4all: 7:09am On Jun 22, 2017
MadCow1:

MadCow

Thank you very much, the man was well within his right to refuse, the police have stopped me several times to open my boot and i tell them the same thing
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by MadCow1: 8:02am On Jun 22, 2017
ajsans:

MadCow, please where can I get to read up about this nigeria human right and laws.

I grew up in a house filled with lawyers and spent most of my childhood in and around courthouses, law chambers and even police stations so I do tend to have a very broad idea of my rights.

I suggest you start with the Nigerian constitution to know your basic rights and read up on the Police Act to know the limitations of powers of the Police.

Most of these you will find online. The Nigerian Constitution has an App and I believe I have seen a PDF copy of the Police Act online as well.

2 Likes

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by Kendrick80(m): 8:04am On Jun 22, 2017
Comrade360:
Need a f**k to give pls

Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by jumobi1(m): 8:19am On Jun 22, 2017
It's clear some Nigerians thrive on most Nigerians not knowing their rights. What does overspending have to do with checking boot? They had no business checking his boot. That's how they oppress the average mumu who will just open boot and be a slave to power.
Re: SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) by lankypinky: 8:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Sergeant Ebuka is a man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.