Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill (70065 Views)

Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Loses In Court / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos) / Nigerian Excretes 1410.9 Grams Of Cocaine, Faces Death Penalty In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by donprinyo(m): 12:23am On Jun 22, 2017
Na Tatafo just de worry una.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by pimper24: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2017
Good one but the law can't be retroactive, it will be ineffectual because the act was committed before it came into being.
Prexblog:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/evans-may-get-death-penalty-life-imprisonment-ambode-signs-bill-law/

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Max24: 12:26am On Jun 22, 2017
sexybbstar:
Welcome to Nigeria..... Don't be surprised if he's still a free man in 10 years time. Rev. King is still alive despite being accused as a murderer with Lotta evidences.
Rev king and Evans should not be compared. they are world's apart. King never kidnapped anyone for monetary gain or use guns. no mix up.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Max24: 12:30am On Jun 22, 2017
martins18:
"HOW TO STEAL A CHICKEN"
1. Survey the area for about 1 week.
2. On the day of operation , wear an oversized shirt.
3. Be at the place between 11am to 2:30pm.at this time of the day the owners will be gone to work or be indoor. The chicken will be playing outside happily.
4. Walk at the edge of the street and let chicken walk freely at the centre(its more easy if you are in the village).
5. This is where you make the grand move.
6. Dive like a goalkeeper and grab the chicken by the head. Qiuckly fOld the head into the feathers and put it inside Your oversized shirt.
7. Move as if nothing happened. . . . . . .
No
Looking back. . . .
Thank me later. . . .
How to steal a cow is next

# Dnt_hold_me
My brother, why not upload this ur good write up to wikihow website. money for u per click.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by nanaski: 12:30am On Jun 22, 2017
This Evans matter sef wan be national anthem o. 2nd base jare

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by skyman200(m): 12:33am On Jun 22, 2017
just speechless, is case is it more than the ones our bad leaders and looters have committed that have made life more hopeless to a lot of Nigerians? .
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Jackossky(m): 12:45am On Jun 22, 2017
But laws are not made to be retroactive...
So i dont think he will be sent to life imprisonment or hanged either
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by monyashau11: 12:49am On Jun 22, 2017
join my ghana lotto fans....call...08154455125
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Rhodiumic(m): 12:55am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehyaa, na so ur own take finish, Crime does not pay. Kindly check my signature
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Memories12411: 1:01am On Jun 22, 2017
Upon all the wealth acquired by Evans, he is now a proud owner of a shirt, a pair of trousers and a pair of bathroom slippers. This is the conclusion of the matter. Fear God and keep his commandments for he shall bring every work into judgment.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by maasoap(m): 1:04am On Jun 22, 2017
ikp120:
undecided So the law was not even in force as at the time of his arrest? undecided undecided

That alone makes me doubt if he will be sentenced to death.

This is also another clause any lawyer can exploit to beat death sentence because none of his victims died in their custody.

I don't support him. That's just my perspective.
Of course, victims died in his custody, tortured to death because their families wouldn't bring 1 million dollars. You've missed some pieces about his atrocities.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Jumbus31(m): 1:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Days after Evans was arrested, Nigeria police are yet to charge him to court, they're taking selfie with him up and down, turning a criminal into a celeb.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by maasoap(m): 1:08am On Jun 22, 2017
Max24:

Rev king and Evans should not be compared. they are world's apart. King never kidnapped anyone for monetary gain or use guns. no mix up.
He was talking about failure to execute judgements. King never kidnapped nor carried guns, but he gave order for someone to be burnt alive. What is the difference?
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by obowunmi(m): 1:16am On Jun 22, 2017
I hope he is given the death penalty and monies recovered back to the victims.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Elfather12: 1:27am On Jun 22, 2017
Am sick and tired of this foolish man's story joor where is buhari?
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Organs(m): 1:32am On Jun 22, 2017
This is something that federal govt ought to do. This should be done in Nigeria. It should also include those that assist, those that know about it and do not report it etc.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ikp120(m): 1:33am On Jun 22, 2017
maasoap:

Of course, victims died in his custody, tortured to death because their families wouldn't bring 1 million dollars. You've missed some pieces about his atrocities.
Please provide the link to where it was published. Evans made it clear that no one died in their custody.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.
So invariably he might be sentenced
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ayufun: 1:42am On Jun 22, 2017
ayufun:
As much as I condemned Evans and kidnapping, I condemn this bill from sociology perspective. When do we start jailing those who loot our national wealth. Where's the law for white collar stealing and corporate thieves. What's the difference between Evans and Gov. Ambode? I missed a great Nigerian prophet, Fela Anikulapo. When Ambode leaves office now, we will start to hear his looting stories. What's the difference between Nigerian leaders that are stealing billions of naira and sending many Nigerians down the grave ironically.It's high time we asked our leaders, What is crime? Who's a criminal?

vannessa7:

so Evans should be set free? is that what you are advocating? and for all those saying the law will not apply to Evans, that is not true because that law has been passed long before Evans was arrested, I read the news then and I was even telling someone about it. you can google it, far be it from me to defend a criminal , what makes us human and not wild animals is the ability to recognize good from evil, anyone rooting for Evans should begin to question his/her humanity, failed parenting is the reason people have no morality or fear of God. smh
I hope you can read better now and you can as well answer my questions emboldened. When some of us talk from sociology perspective, it's common to see a common man not finding it acceptable because the high class define life for themselves and also define that same life in different way for others. In criminology, crime is crime. For example, Many Governors have killed hundreds of pensioners without a gun. In sociology, we don't give different meaning to it. How do you judge those people? and what do you think about the resultant effects; making wife to be widow, children becoming hopeless, end to schooling, bad health and so on. Pls, what is evil? who are evils in real sense.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 22, 2017
free2ryhme:
Vanguard , what is happening to your editors? Governor Ambode signed the anti-kidnapping bill into law three months ago. To some commentators here, don't you read the news? You mean you don't know when the bill was signed into law? No wonder a research carried out and published today shows that most Nigerians don't read.
Is all news that one must read? Why shouldn't blame vanguard for stating when the bill was signed?
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Jumbus31(m): 1:45am On Jun 22, 2017
Joyzeey:
#TeamfreeEvans
Argh! May you not be so broke and stupid that anyone will be able to pay or convince you to post Free Evans the wicked Kidnapper. Amen. Maybe you're one of his relatives or one of his oloshos. Developers.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by linearity: 1:58am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.

It will affect Evans, this is old recycled news just to attract some of the 'Evan's' traffic to this site...the law was signed on February 1, 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by linearity: 2:09am On Jun 22, 2017
ikp120:
undecided So the law was not even in force as at the time of his arrest? undecided undecided

That alone makes me doubt if he will be sentenced to death.

This is also another clause any lawyer can exploit to beat death sentence because none of his victims died in their custody.

I don't support him. That's just my perspective.

The law was sign on February 1, 2017; so was in effect when Evan was riding high on his crime and therefore applicable. This is a recycled ole news published just to attract some of the Evan related traffic.

BTW, how did you know that, none of his victims died, do you have an inside scope into all his crimes. Please, don't rely on anything out there and we should be careful of our utterances before we are called to testify to what we know nothing about...

You made a self implicating categorical statement only someone privy to Evan's total operations would know and it will be reasonable for law enforcement to think that, you have more info and will be within their scope to invite you in for questioning.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Observer225: 2:12am On Jun 22, 2017
Evans should be made to bear d brunt of his own action.Life imprisonment all d way.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by 1koboko: 2:18am On Jun 22, 2017
Laws are meant to be retrospective and not retroactive.That means the commencement will be from when he signed it into law and that was after Evans committed the reprehensible act and also after he was arrested. If he gets a good lawyer, he might wriggle out of all of this brouhaha (unfortunately). He might claim that all his confessions were made under duress and deny all.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 22, 2017
Max24:

My brother, why not upload this ur good write up to wikihow website. money for u per click.
bros, which one be wikihow, i no know am o..give me the site.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by AreaFada2: 2:40am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
Only Buhari's decrees in 1983 did. shocked shocked
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by globatop: 3:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Nice move by the govt, but it will be better if bills on corruption in govt could be so passed, death penalty for corruption and speedy trial, because they are so much affected, corruption is the root of other crimes.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by goodnews777: 3:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Make this law a national law. It's very important and will go a long way to resolving several security issues.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by SirMichael1: 3:29am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

May God bless you, your family, and anyone in your lineage.

I just don't know what substance some human beings carry in their skulls in the name of brains.

It saddens me so much that some homo-sapiens don't know the clear difference between good, bad and evil. I for one would want that beast in the form of human hung or shot right at the spot of his house but the hoe thinks otherwise, let him be freed!

Quite alright, Shekau has done more harm than good and the whole country wants him dead! Ofcourse he is gonna die but not until he is caught. You don't catch those sets of people, they kill themselves before they're caught because they know what will befall them.

We caught a 'billionaire' who has killed, kidnapped people to amass filthy wealth up to billions of Naira without even working and some dimwit thinks he should be freed. Some people are gifted with stupidity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by LionDeLeo: 3:54am On Jun 22, 2017
SirMichael1:

It saddens me so much that some homo-sapiens don't know the clear difference between good, bad and evil. I for one would want that beast in the form of human hung or shot right at the spot of his house but the hoe thinks otherwise, let him be freed!

Quite alright, Shekau has done more harm than good and the whole country wants him dead! Ofcourse he is gonna die but not until he is caught. You don't catch those sets of people, they kill themselves before they're caught because they know what will befall them.

We caught a 'billionaire' who has killed, kidnapped people to amass filthy wealth up to billions of Naira without even working and some dimwit thinks he should be freed. Some people are gifted with stupidity

Very true sir, even goats are fully aware of what will befall shekau whenever he is captured but some dry heads keep dragging his case into other very annoying crimes. Why can't he take the responsibility of capturing shekau and let's see what will happen?

Imagine, talking about freeing a bloody billionaire kidnapper, killer who has wreaked untold psychology, emotional and unbearable havoc to many households.

Actually, from some comments, it is not too difficult to understand some criminals are online sourcing for information.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Trevor Noye Kidnaps "Racist" White Woman, Forces Her To Watch Program On Slavery / Joy Odama: Alhaji Usman Adamu, The Prime Suspect In Her Death Appears / Godbless Uwadiegwu: Nurse Sentenced For Sexually Abusing Patients In US (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.