Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? (2173 Views)

10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / Ways Andriod Devices Can Be Protected And Infected By Viruses / Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Wilfem(m): 2:04am On Feb 03, 2007
Hey Nairaland phone users, has your phone been behaving unusually? Like sending of messages or MMS by itself or displays "Infected by Commwarrior? Or does it try to replicate by automatically connecting with bluetooth upon detecting an active bluetooth connection? If your answer to any of these is yes, perhaps your phone might have been infected with one dangerous virus called "Commwarrior" and has variants A, B and C.
Well, with my experience after contracting the virus on my phone through in infected memory card that a friend of mine gave me, I decided to let/give Nairalanders whose phones might have contracted it one possible solution to getting rid of the virus. Here's one Anticommwarrior that can deactivate and remove the virus from your phone. (I got to know that it's file type cannot be uploaded or attached on this site,) but here's the web page for it's download; http://anticommwarrior.en.softonic.com/ie/46658
Just download and install it. After then, scan your phone with it. (Though it is not a full anti virus, but effective against Commwarrior and some other viruses as well.)
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Badero(m): 6:16pm On Jun 29, 2007
Brother, I had tried it but seems not to get the process through which I will download it. I would be grateful if you can direct me further on how to download it and remove the Commwarrior virus from my phone. Thanks & God bless. Cheers!
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Wilfem(m): 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2007
@ Badero
I don't seem to understand what you meant. I wouldn't know if it is the download that you're experiencing the problem with, or how to transfer it to your phone. You didn't state clearly. I've even tried calling your phone, but didn't get through.
Anyway, you can call me on my mobile number; 08082040964.
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Badero(m): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2007
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your efforts once again. Am having both problems mentioned above. I found it difficult to download and don't know how I can get the data cable through which I will download it into my phone if at all it later possible for me to download the anticommwarrior. Till I hear from you, bye & God bless. Cheers!
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Badero(m): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2007
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your efforts once again. Am having both problems mentioned above. I found it difficult to download and don't know how I can get the data cable through which I will download it into my phone if at all it later possible for me to download the anticommwarrior. Till I hear from you, bye & God bless. Cheers!
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Wilfem(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2007
@ Badero
Let me know the model of the Nokia phone. May be I'll have to send and attach the particular anticommwarrior to you on your e-mail address. Let me know the phone model, so that we can get to know how the anticommwarrior would be transferrred to your phone.
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Badero(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2007
The model is Nokia 6600. Thanks for your concern. Cheers!
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Wilfem(m): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2007
@Badero
I don't think that your particular phone has a cable with which you can transfer the anti-com warrior or any other digital data. Except bluetooth or through PC suite. but I know it has/uses a memory card, which I think you can then transfer it with "Card Reader".
Or in the alternative, you can try formatting your phone by using this code: *#7370#. But mind you, all data on your phone will be lost. But you can save your contacts/numbers on the SIM card.
With that I think you should be able to get rid of the virus on your phone.
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Badero(m): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2007
Wilfem,
I formatted the phone yesterday and yet the set still goes ON & OFF which has been the usual problem with the set. I would be happy if you can help me research alternative methods of solving this problem. Till I hear from you, stay blessed. Cheers!
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by ruemu(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2007
best is to get a fone shop to fix it for u, u can pm me
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by adexbols: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2007
You can contact me on adexbols@yahoo.com if you need the anti-comwarrior
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by Badero(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2007
Thanks for all your contributions, I really appreciate it. At last, I was able to get rid of this stubborn virus without going to any Phone shops or spent a dime. I finally gor rid off it using one code sent to me by one Elecronic Engineer in Japan named Zusuki Polsh whom I met in a technical forum and when I tried it as prescribed, my phone came back to normal and and have been enjoying the phone without any threat whatsoever. The acronym for the code is called "Hard Formatting". Once again, thanks all for your generosity through your advices.
Re: Has Your Phone Been Infected By "commwarrior"? by arshy(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2007
Badero:

Thanks for all your contributions, I really appreciate it. At last, I was able to get rid of this stubborn virus without going to any Phone shops or spent a dime. I finally gor rid off it using one code sent to me by one Elecronic Engineer in Japan named Zusuki Polsh whom I met in a technical forum and when I tried it as prescribed, my phone came back to normal and and have been enjoying the phone without any threat whatsoever. The acronym for the code is called "Hard Formatting". Once again, thanks all for your generosity through your advices.
Badero:

Congratulations, but can u tell us how u get it done, please.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia E63 Saying ''simcard Registeration Failed'' Incert Sim. / Free N1500 Mtn Recharge On Twitter And Facebook? / 20 Best Mobile Phones In The World Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.