Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,715 members, 7,955,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers (1678 Views)

Top Ten Countries With Fastest Internet Connection In The World / Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data / How To Surf A Website Without Internet Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
Good afternoon computerlanders,

I am just a hussling guy about to start a small scale business that will involve using about 3 computers and connecting them to the internet all day at once.

I have a very right budget and can't afford the charges of the professionals in that field.

So I need help on what I will need to connect the 3 system to the internet without spending much on the setting up and subscription.

What is the advantages of using Mifi to the normal modems and vice versa

Thanks.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
cc: computer boy , skydancer , teamleader madbuari lalasticala
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by BetaTechnicians: 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
kayzat:
Good afternoon computerlanders,

I am just a hussling guy about to start a small scale business that will involve using about 3 computers and connecting them to the internet all day at once.

I have a very right budget and can't afford the charges of the professionals in that field.

So I need help on what I will need to connect the 3 system to the internet without spending much on the setting up and subscription.

What is the advantages of using Mifi to the normal modems and vice versa

Thanks.
Many options.
1. Go wireless.
2. Get a lan switch + a lan router by spectranet swift or their likes, you can unlock them and use GSM networks for more options.
3. Get a swouter, a router with inbuilt multiple switch ports. Maybe tp link, Linksys etc. You can get one with a SIM slot too.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
BetaTechnicians:

Many options.
1. Go wireless.
2. Get a lan switch + a lan router by spectranet swift or their likes, you can unlock them and use GSM networks for more options.
3. Get a swouter, a router with inbuilt multiple switch ports. Maybe tp link, Linksys etc. You can get one with a SIM slot too.

Thanks Sir.

Each of these will cost like how much to set up and without zapping data like water.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by tunde300us(m): 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
Get a MIFI modem and ure good. Unless you need any other kind of service that the wifi wont give you. You wont spend much since all will connect wirelessly.

If you want to go with lan then u will need a switch and a modem with lan port ie smile,swift etc
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2017
spectranet has a 18k unlimited plan (monthly).
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by toastedbread: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
guess you want to do a cyber business and since it's laptops, i'd say you should go for an unlocked mifi device (so you can use other networks) and connect your devices at once.
or, for the time being (while saving for the mifi/ router), you can also use your cellphone hotspot. Go for a good network and disable auto update on the laptops.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
toastedbread:
guess you want to do a cyber business and since it's laptops, i'd say you should go for an unlocked mifi device (so you can use other networks) and connect your devices at once.
or, for the time being (while saving for the mifi/ router), you can also use your cellphone hotspot. Go for a good network and disable auto update on the laptops.

I am starting with desktop for now Sir.

1 Like

Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by tunde300us(m): 12:27am On Jun 25, 2017
Then u will need a switch to share the internet . U can get a good 8 port switch and internet modem. Where in lagos u based i can help you if ure close to me
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 8:06am On Jun 25, 2017
tunde300us:
Then u will need a switch to share the internet . U can get a good 8 port switch and internet modem. Where in lagos u based i can help you if ure close to me

I am currently in Lagos ( Agege) but the shop is in Abeokuta. If you're nearby I can come n visit you.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by abelee(m): 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
kayzat:

I am currently in Lagos ( Agege) but the shop is in Abeokuta. If you're nearby I can come n visit you.

If you are using desktops, all you need is to install wireless network card on ur system, drive it, buy a good wifi or mifi modem, connect to your system and you are good to go.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by abelee(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
Picture of a Wireless Network card

Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
abelee:

If you are using desktops, all you need is to install wireless network card on ur system, drive it, buy a good wifi or mifi modem, connect to your system and you are good to go.

Thanks bro
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
abelee:
Picture of a Wireless Network card

This will cost like how much Sir n am I to buy only one?
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by abelee(m): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
kayzat:

This will cost like how much Sir n am I to buy only one?

A tokunbo wireless network card will cost you like 4k per one and you will need to install on all your systems to be able to connect the system to a wifi or mifi modem wirelessly
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
abelee:

A tokunbo wireless network card will cost you like 4k per one and you will need to install on all your systems to be able to connect the system to a wifi or mifi modem wirelessly

Thanks n God bless Sir.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by abelee(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2017
kayzat:

Thanks n God bless Sir.

I have some to sell and I can help you fix it in the desktop. Call me on 08026148081, 07036363482
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by kayzat: 11:52am On Jun 27, 2017
abelee:

I have some to sell and I can help you fix it in the desktop. Call me on 08026148081, 07036363482

Your location Sir?
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by tunde300us(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hi bro,
You dont need wifi on all of ur systems.All u need is a switch and a host computers to share the internet.
Re: HELP !!! Cheapest Form Of Internet Connection For Multiple Computers by abelee(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
kayzat:

Your location Sir?

Iyana Ipaja, Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Computer Business Promotions: How To Promote Your Business On Social Media / Toshiba Laptop For Sale / Is It Advisable To Purchase Laptops From Jumia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.