Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum (13264 Views)

2019: PDP Will Pay Dearly If Igbos Are Denied The Vice Presidential Slot - Group / Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Olabestonic001(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

All the States of the Southern region were formerly known as the Eastern region. Upon the declaration of Biafra, Gowon in a deft move created the Cross Rivers and Rivers States and coralled Biafra.
Mention those facts. I've always had an intellectual interest in Biafra Read about it growing up- the books written by Frederick Forsythe and Alexander Madiebo

You guys are really missing something on why the agitation failed then; there was already an agitation for the Cross River- Ogoja-Rivers melee before the Coup, counter-coup and pogrom. It was basically because of the arrogance and ignorance of Ojukwu that made him thought such people can't be spoilers.
Let me tell you: no matter your great intention, whenever you slight people (as mos of you are wont to do due to your nature), they will always sabotage you even if you force or coarse them.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by lx3as(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2017
amazingspiderma:
A lot has been said on igbos been landlocked. But one thing is for sure. The potential residue of Nigeria will be dominated by so-called North.
I am really wondering how elections nomination and results will play out in the the southwest, south south and middle belt region. I am still wondering how you guys will keep up with the lopsided appointments,conflicting interest of the Nigerian and sharia constitution. Where your fundamental human, in alienable right to freedom and pursuit of happiness will be guaranteed.
How you guys will be locked by security agencies up for defending yourselves against northern / fulani indigenes who attack you in your own ancestral land.
I believe the op is better off thinking about how his region will survive all these man made tsunami, in the potential residue of Nigeria.

I think, people like the op really want the Igbo to stay.I really wonder how he will survive been minority in potential hostile country. This write up has fear written all over it. The fear not of the Igbo, but of the unknown for Nigeria.
The middle belt is better off, most of them are religiously homogeneous. They can share some bilateral relationship with Biafra.
But if peradventure, the Yoruba decide to leave, it won't work,because there is no clear boundary to control religious controversy hence their case is worse off. Theirs will be the continuation of struggle for religious supremacy. And be sure , the north will not be neutral.
For the south south region, they have a choice to chose which is the lesser evil between Biafra civil friendship and North hostile dominance.
Land locked you said, I think in the bigger picture, it is the Igbos that will have the last laugh, because food can be manufactured, trade can be made, but cultural and religious conflicts are almost impossible to handle in Nigeria.
In the end, not choosing is also a choice.
Enough of all these Igbo talk, its meaningless talking about somebody as future, when you don't know about yours.

A very poor submission! The North will be wise enough to know that it's time for restructuring and true federalism. The exclusive list will surely be reduced to few things like diplomacy and defence with all regions having their fiscal policy, policing and ministries.
I don't know what you mean by Yoruba not having clear boundaries?
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by JANK23H(m): 8:53am On Jun 23, 2017
Going through this thread i have come to a conclusion that the Igbos are the most arrogant,ignorant,undiplomatic and foolish tribe to walk the surface of the earth.

Porthacourt is Igweocha and Bonny...Igwenga?

The pogrom of 1966 will be child's play when una madness ripe.This time, you lot will realize that the battle will be between the SS and Igbo and not with the North as you think.

Such stupidity!Never seen any people this arrogant.

We are waiting...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by drewxx88(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2017
Dedetwo:

I guess one of the reasons Gen. Ironsi was overthrown remains the issue of unitary government. How was the current system is Ironsi when he was overthrown to change the government? Are you still living on the fake news of yesteryears without adequate research or the acts of insincerity Nigerians are known remain part of you too?

1.Am not insincere and neither am I a tribalist.
2. Yes i believe in one Nigeria cos that's where I was born and that's all I know .Yeah i was born , raised and schooled in the west did my SIWES in the middle belt Taraba state I've been to Niger state served in Umuahia and currently @ owerri
3. All regions and tribes have their peculiarities that might be unsavory but we can always work through the differences .
4. I'm not Igbo but all their agitations stems from the fact that they haven't produced a president or VP during the democracy era yet they have occupied every other spot or position attainable in the country so cries of marginalization makes me laugh.
5.What the Igbo's haven't realised is that the Nigerian presidency is not something handed its forged and formed with alliances built not tryna guilt trip the other tribes like its a right for them forgetting that others too also crave it .
6. All I'd said about Gen Ironsi is the damn truth he wasn't killed cause of the infamous decree of centralizing power there by creating the evil hydra headed monster of successive presidents who have refused to revert to true federalism for a simple reason "absolute power is sweet", rather he was killed for not executing the coupist rather transmuting the military sentencing to prison term because it was largely seen as an Igbo thing thou others were fingered in it all should have been shot as per the military code this angered the north and led to all the mishaps that have befallen this great Nation. Perhaps your history is faulty so read up
7.I believe in one Nigeria cos our power lies in our diversity our one and main problem has and been corrupt officials if we can deal with this equity and prosperity will flow in every region ..

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by amazingspiderma: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2017
lx3as:

A very poor submission! The North will be wise enough to know that it's time for restructuring and true federalism. The exclusive list will surely be reduced to few things like diplomacy and defence with all regions having their fiscal policy, policing and ministries.

The north will become wise,
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by amazingspiderma: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2017
lx3as:

The north will become wise, you mean like they treated southwest after APC came to power.

You my brother are on a long thing.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by drewxx88(m): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2017
Dedetwo:

Of course, I am a Biafra's sympathizer and a student of history. It has been established in the moment of history that what complied certain individuals to support a course might not be present in second stanza. For example, One-Nigeria, a phrase coined in 1967. In today’s Nigeria, most people are wiser than in period of 1967, could not be fooled with silly One-Nigeria and certainly will not fight for such crap. Most of the factors that created the favorable outcome on Nigeria’s side are no longer obtainable today or virtually not in existence. Again, I stand by my last sentence that in an event of second civil war in Nigeria, Nigeria will cease to exist as we all know it and certainly will give rise to Biafra we have not seen before the war.
Wrong again, your premise can only occur if other parties are not only sympathetic to your cause, but eventually join,but if they believe in one Nigeria despite all that's happening believe me they will unite again and stop all forms of insurrection ,so rather than hate speeches and threats, i would advice building political ties and mending broken fence's.That is the way to go cos there is no way the Igbo's will win of it comes to that and I'm not even a fan of bloody settlements ..

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by kingzizzy: 9:19am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:
Going through this thread i have come to a conclusion that the Igbos are the most arrogant,ignorant,undiplomatic and foolish tribe to walk the surface of the earth.

The pogrom of 1967-1970 will be child's play when una madness ripe.This time, you lot will realize that the battle will be between the SS and Igbo and not with the North as you think.

We are waiting...

Instead of you talking like a fool, why dont you do a little reaserch to find out what the original names of the place before the white man came? How do you think these places got English names like Portharcourt or Bonny?

What is the meaning of South South? Another English name? Where is North North?
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Noneroone(m): 9:32am On Jun 23, 2017
HopeAtHand:
@ezeagu, If it becomes certain that Igbos will get that referendum, you might actually be shocked that certain Niger Deltans will join. Not because we love the Biafran dream but Nigeria is messed up and once in Biafra, Igbos cannot hold us back from whatever we choose to become after Biafra.

Biafra referendum once certain to happen, ultimately, becomes that means to the desired end.
so you agree with my position
cc ezeagu
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by JANK23H(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2017
kingzizzy:

Instead of you talking like a fool, why dont you do a little reaserch to find out what the original names of the place before the white man came? How do you think these places got English names like Portharcourt or Bonny?

What is the meaning of South South? Another English name? Where is North North?

Obori!
https://bonnykingdom.com.ng/history/
https://www.britannica.com/place/Bonny

https://www.britannica.com/place/Port-Harcourt

Those place have never belonged to Igbos.Igbos who claim Bonny as their ancestral home are descendants of slaves.Go and study your history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 23, 2017
nengibo:
Igbos and their usual show of stupidity, Bonny is now Igwenga, let this their referendum come sef so dat abandon property part 2 will begin

HarryDuce:
There are Igbos in Onne and Bonny just as there are Igbos everywhere else.

Another mans labour you say, the insecurities couldn't be more glaring. Anyways there is more than one side to an argument.

Debunking not-so-clever lies is what i can see. I dont know where hatred comes in.

You want to tell me that comment above is not born out of pure envy, sloth and hatred??

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

The pogrom of 1967-1970 will be child's play when una madness ripe.This time, you lot will realize that the battle will be between the SS and Igbo and not with the North as you think.

We are waiting...
Bros, dey do small research before you post na, at least for the sake of credibility. There was no pogrom between 1967 and 1970 as you typed. The pogrom was in 1966, and it cannot happen again in this century without the International Crminal Court hauling some people off to the Hague to answer charges of Crimes Against Humanity.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

Those place have never belonged to Igbos.Igbos who claim Bonny as their ancestral home are descendants of slaves.Go and study your history.
And so what? Are they not Igbo (from the Great Ethnic Group)? And who made them slaves, you? The Bonny Igbo Bible tells us all we need to know.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by JANK23H(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2017
igbodefender:
And so what? Are they not Igbo (from the Great Ethnic Group)? And who made them slaves, you? The Bonny Igbo Bible tells us all we need to know.
grin Great Ethnic Group.The same ethnic group our fathers sold as slaves in Bonny and Opobo?

Abeg shift jare.... grin grin grin

'A traditional trading centre (fish, salt, palm oil, and palm kernels) of the Ijo people, it was the capital of the 15th- to 19th-century kingdom of Bonny. Reaching its height in the reign of the Pepple dynasty in the 18th and early 19th centuries, its economy (and the kingdom’s) was based on the sale of slaves to European traders. It was one of the largest slave-exporting depots of West Africa—in 1790 about 20,000 people (most of them Igbo and other hinterland groups) were shipped to the Americas'.

Go through that link and do further research.I no get power to argue abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by macjive01: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2017
Biafra should be a coalition of the willing,
The Igbos of out the 5 core states should be given a refenradum if they want to join Biafra.
Yes . Biafra moves on.

In ten years time, Biafra would have become a very powerful force both militarily and financially it can then by subversion pull-in her brothers and close allies; esp Ogoja, Igboid in Rivers: Ikwere, Etch. the 9 igbo speaking and culturally LGA in rovers, Bonny, & LGA in delta, @ in Edo and 2 in Kogi, 4 in Benue.

People arguing about Igbos in River, Ikwere is not the only Igbo speaking in River, what of Etch and Egbema ?
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by macjive01: 11:00am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

Obori!
https://bonnykingdom.com.ng/history/

https://www.britannica.com/place/Port-Harcourt

Whether they are descendants of slave or not, that's now their land. Everybody migrated at some point.

GABON, LIBERIA and EQUATORIAL G, are all descendants of slaves. so becos they are decendents of slaves means its nolonger their land ?

using your argument, does that now mean Jamaicans dont own their land in Jamaica since most of jamaicans are descendants of slaves ?? Answer me please

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

grin Great Ethnic Group.The same ethnic group our fathers sold as slaves in Bonny and Opobo?

'A traditional trading centre (fish, salt, palm oil, and palm kernels) of the Ijo people, it was the capital of the 15th- to 19th-century kingdom of Bonny. Reaching its height in the reign of the Pepple dynasty in the 18th and early 19th centuries, its economy (and the kingdom’s) was based on the sale of slaves to European traders. It was one of the largest slave-exporting depots of West Africa—in 1790 about 20,000 people (most of them Igbo and other hinterland groups) were shipped to the Americas'.

You think we don't know? That doesn't remove a cubit from the Greatness of the Bonny and Opobo Igbos. We respect them. They gave us King Jaja of Opobo, (Mazi Jubo Juboha, a nwafor Igbo from Nkwere); a man who made Opobo's educational system of the same quality with that of Britain! So great was he that Queen Victoria of Great Britain sent him a Sword Of Honour.

We are grateful to Bonny Igbos for giving us the first Igbo Bible, that helped introduce Christianity to the whole of Igbo Land.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by JANK23H(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2017
macjive01:

Whether they are descendants of slave or not, that's now their land. Everybody migrated at some point.

GABON, LIBERIA and EQUATORIAL G, are all descendants of slaves. so becos they are decendents of slaves means its nolonger their land ?

using your argument, does that now mean Jamaicans dont own their land in Jamaica since most of jamaicans are descendants of slaves ?? Answer me please

The answer is Bonny belong to the Ijaws.Simple.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

The answer is Bonny belong to the Ijaws.Simple.
After you called them slaves why do you type this?
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by JANK23H(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2017
igbodefender:
After you called them slaves why do you type this?

You seem to have comprehension problem.I provided you with links,go through them.Bonny is and always have been Ijaw land.The Igbo slaves can not lay claim and make it Biafra land.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by JANK23H(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2017
igbodefender:
You think we don't know? That doesn't remove a cubit from the Greatness of the Bonny and Opobo Igbos. We respect them Unlike You Who Seeks To Denigrate Them. They gave us King Jaja of Opobo, (Mazi Jubo Juboha, a nwafor Igbo from Nkwere); a man who made Opobo's educational system of the same quality with that of Britain! So great was he that Queen Victoria of Great Britain sent him a Sword Of Honour.

We are grateful to Bonny Igbos for giving us the first Igbo Bible, that helped introduce Christianity to the whole of Igbo Land.

I am glad you agree with me.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

You seem to have comprehension problem.I provided you with links,go through them.Bonny is and always have been Ijaw land.The Igbo slaves can not lay claim and make it Biafra land.

Please go to Bonny, stand in the market square and repeat what you just typed.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

I am glad you agree with me.
There is nothing I have said that you will not find in a standard Nigerian History/Social Studies textbook. Don't tell me you didn't read Jaja's story from Nkwere to Bonny to Opobo in Primary School, because if you didn't, go back to your Alma Mater right now and demand a full refund of your school fees.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2017
nototribalist:
Abeg tell the Northerners that we (SS) and them can't be in the same country. It's not possible. Once the igbos move we move. That's for sure. We're just waiting for them to perfect their moves. SW and Northerners can carry on with their marriage
couldn't have said it any better. I am tired of these Igbo Hausa Yoruba Nigeria set. Igbos should leave south south alone and once they leave we ain't staying with the hausas

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2017
anibi9674:
Bonny is not igwenga, onne is not even ogoni it is eleme
abeg wetin be the difference between ogoni and eleme?
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by macjive01: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

Here is one of your links https://bonnykingdom.com.ng/history/

The journey to found Grand Bonny Kingdom was commenced by the three brothers (direct-blood descendants) of Ebeni, Opuamakuba, Alagbariye [Kala-beni] and Asimini. These three brothers of the migrated by land route from their Isedani Lineage of Kolokuma of ancestral Ijawland, in present-day Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, to the Eastern Niger Delta area of Rivers State. They left their Isedani Lineage of Kolokuma and migrated through several mainland areas to Ndoki, where they met some of their blood relatives among whom was the Crown Prince of Ndoki, Ndoli-Okpara, who joined them in their further migration to found Bonny Kingdom.

Its obvious, at some point everybody migrated. Some freely, some in chains, some as slaves.
The owners of whatever kingdom, are the current permanent residents/ Indigenes.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by seanet02: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
JANK23H:

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by HopeAtHand: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
Dedetwo:

Ogoni is not town or community but ethnic nationality in Nigeria while Eleme has been a town or community but not ethnic nationality. Eleme is Igbo by ethnic nationality.

@bolded. can you kindly explain how you arrived at this summation.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by anibi9674: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Favybloom post=57778613] abeg wetin be the difference between ogoni and eleme?[/quot. politics I guess.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by ocelot2006(m): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good Lord, not these IPOB parasites again.....

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Dedetwo(m): 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

My point is that the creation of the twelve States as a political and militarily strategic move. affected the prosecution and the outcome of the war both. Where was oil located? Since the discovery of oil it has always been very important in the prosecution of war. Now read the below:
On 27 May 1967, Gowon proclaimed the division of Nigeria into twelve states. This decree carved the Eastern Region in three parts: South Eastern State , Rivers State , and
East Central State . Now the Igbos, concentrated in the East Central State, would lose control over most of the petroleum, located in the other two areas. [73][74]
On 30 May 1967, Ojukwu declared independence of the Republic of Biafra .
The Federal Military Government immediately placed an embargo on all shipping to and from Biafra—but not on oil tankers. [72][73] Biafra quickly moved to collect oil royalties from oil companies doing business within its borders. [73] When Shell-BP acquiesced to this request at the end of June, the Federal Government extended its blockade to include oil. [75] The blockade, which most foreign actors accepted, played a decisive role in putting Biafra at a disadvantage from the beginning of the war. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

Mind you I do not dispute your assertion that alien influences determined the outcome of the war but note that in a situation of this magnitude the influences are numerous and multi dimensional. So you'd be dead wrong if you posit that foreign influences were the ONLY reasons why Biafra lost the war. If you opine that it was ONE of the cause, I'd agree with you.

This is one of the reasons Niger-Area is aimlessly afloat. So-called students read from hack writers without subjecting their source of crappy information to serious scrutiny. From the crap you posted above, an undiscerning onlooker will think that only Eastern Region has minority entities and the only region divided into states. Baring the blockade and military support from countries such as Britain, USSR, Australia, Egypt, Niger, Tchad, Canada and Cameroon to Nigeria, Biafra would have stood till today despite the numerical advantage enjoyed by Nigeria. The major reason the country was divided into 12 states was to make sure the center was stronger and controlled by the elements from northern region of Nigeria. In addition, it was to uphold the unitary government which was on of their idiotic and deceitful reasons to overthrow the government of Gen. Ironsi. It is a pity that most Nigerians are irreparably gullible and will fall for anything due to undue pressures from tribal tendencies.
Re: Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum by Mujtahida: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
Dedetwo:

This is one of the reasons Niger-Area is aimlessly afloat. So-called students read from hack writers without subjecting their source of crappy information to serious scrutiny. From the crap you posted above, an undiscerning onlooker will think that only EASTERN REGION HAS MINORITY ENTITIES AND THE ONLY REGION DIVIDED INTO STATES. Baring the blockade and military support from countries such as Britain, USSR, Australia, Egypt, Niger, Tchad, Canada and Cameroon to Nigeria, Biafra would have stood till today despite the numerical advantage enjoyed by Nigeria. THE MAJOR REASON THE COUNTRY WAS DIVIDED INTO 12 STATES WAS TO MAKE SURE THE CENTER WAS STRONGER AND CONTROLLED BY THE ELEMENTS FROM NORTHERN REGION OF NIGERIA. In addition, it was to uphold the unitary government which was on of their idiotic and. deceitful reasons to overthrow the government of Gen. Ironsi. It is a pity that most Nigerians are irreparably gullible and will fall for anything due to undue pressures from tribal tendencies.
You are still not saying anything as per what started the debate between me and you. Nigerians are not gullible, you are the one who is irredeemably crude and uncultured if your education has not taught you to argue without being uncouth.

The last part of your writing I put in Capital letters shows how incurably ignorant and impervious to critical analysis you are. How could that be the major reason for the creation of the states when Gowon already was in charge of a military government with powers centralised in the centre thanks to Aguiyi Ironsi's decree 34. Does creation of states concentrate abi devolve power from the centre? Am I arguing with a kidult here?

You seem to take delight in spewing derogatory words coupled with your pseudo intellectual pretensions while running around chasing ghosts. All your obsfucations, indirect put downs, misdirections and red herring arguments will not work with me

Did I argue with you that only the Eastern region has minorities? As if I don't know of the broad complex ethnic configuration of Nigeria. What was my assertion? The creation of states carved out of the old Eastern region affected the prosecution and the outcome of the War. Simple. Because as a matter of common sense military and political strategy it took away a major Base off of Biafra. Which arena are we focusing on? Is it not the East? So why do you expect me to talk about other states created in Nigeria then particularly since I was responding to your assertion that all the so called south south States were part of Biafra? Do you expect me to talk about Kano, Kwara or Lagos or Western States ? Were these States part of Biafra?
Till today does Biafra emotionally resonate with the minorities in the south as much as it does with an average Igbo man? No! Because the creation of the state took them out of the enclave of Biafra and indeed they welcomed Federal troops when Biafran forces were defeated there.

All your argument is that Biafra lost the war because of foreign influence and I say yes but that is not the only reason but one of the reasons. Another reason for the loss is the carving up of the old Eastern region into States.(let me add here for your benefit that the whole of Nigeria was carved into States). Other reasons could as well be advanced for the loss by the Biafran side.
Wars are lost for several reasons. Get it into your skull, will you? And also get it-the war was lost and it was lost. Hiroshima and Nagasaki brought Japan to her knees. She lost in the second world war. Blockade in the Civil War was a strategy and it worked. If you like argue from now till tomorrow it would not change that fact unless you can time travel to the past and rearrange the dynamics.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ganduje: "We Will Drag Buhari To Court If He Refuses To Seek Reelection" / NDDC Probe: NANS, NYCN Tell Akpabio To Step Down For Proper Investigation / Boko-Haram Kill 20 Civilians In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.