Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr (21420 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / Eid-al-kabir: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays / FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by dipoolowoo: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Monday, June 26 and Tuesday, June 27, 2017 have been declared as work-free days by the Federal Government to celebrate the end of Ramadan, Eid al-Fitr.

A statement issued on Thursday, June 22, 2017, by the Director Overseeing the Office of the Permanent Secretary (DOOPS), Dr Rufa’i Kawu Attahiru, urged all Muslim faithful and Nigerians in general to use the occasion of the celebration for sober reflection and pray for peace, unity and progress of the nation in its march to nationhood.

The statement said the Minister of Interior, Mr Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau, who declared the two days as holiday, appealed to “all Nigerians to shun hate speeches and divisive tendencies and join hands with the government of President Muhammadu Buhari to build a peaceful, strong and united Nigeria, which guarantees fundamental freedoms, including the right of residence in any part of the country, as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

The Minister reaffirms the determination of the administration to protect all lives and property of Nigerians, and added that the will of the present administration should not be tested as to its capability to deploy security agencies to deal with any individual or group that may threaten the corporate existence of the nation, as well as the peaceful co-existence of the people.

Mr Dambazau, who wished Nigerians a peaceful and rewarding celebration, further assured them of the government’s resolve to be just and fair to all.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/06/22/fg-declares-monday-tuesday-public-holiday-eid-al-fitr/

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by LUGBE: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
Long awaited

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by sunnysunny69(m): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
Make them declare whole week now ! When will FG give holiday to people that worship masquerade, ikenga , aluku, eyo, Ogun, esu laalu etc or those who believe in baba agba ? grin grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Vision4God: 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nigerian workers always looking forward to holidays especially those working with the private sector.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by sonofthunder: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
Cc: Seun, lalasticlala
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Pavore9: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
2 days of rest.
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Greatzeus(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
Good.Saturday to Tuesday,yeassss grin
Let me get my Mtn Sims ready for Night browsing cool I could stay up as long as I want these 4 days tongue
R.I.P to Prodigy (of Mobb Deep) cry

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Yorubaangel(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
I love holidays
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by uboma(m): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
Happy Eid al-Fitr to our Muslim brothers and Sisters.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Jagabanmonerry(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers n sisters... enough rest ni oooo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by SaulRazor: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Too much public holidays in this country

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Yello1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
That one better just like last year dem go still add a day more cos d moon might delay coming again

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by MrIcredible: 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

God bless God
God bless Muhammed
God bless the sallah
God bless Nigeria
God bless nairaland
God bless me kiss

Oya make una come my house come do sallah cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
Abòki public holiday? God forbid I stay at home on that day.

*spits on thread.
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by frubben(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
Sweet
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
smiley smiley
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Slai1: 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
Which Fed. Govt?
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by dessz(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Make them declare whole week now !

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by TINALETC3(f): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
cheesy cheesy celebration tinz cheesy

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by EternalBeing: 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
OK.
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Humility017(m): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
Vision4God:
Nigerian workers always looking forward to holidays especially those working with the private sector.
I tell you...we received these news today wit excitement at my place of work...

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by PresVA: 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
Have been waiting for the announcement. .. sekem sekem grin grin grin cheesy

I hope I achieve all I have set out to do..

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by mushere: 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
I was expecting one week.... Lolz.
Anyway,

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
Good people of nairaland.com, please I need your help here.
https://www.nairaland.com/3877035/need-serious-financial-assistance
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Mr2kay6: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
wink
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by lajoshua: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Okay.
By the way visit: http://atomcurve.com/14980801/ordercity1

Thank me later.
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by pastoray(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Some adults right now undecided undecided

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by dessz(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
durentchigozie:
Abòki public holiday? God forbid I stay at home on that day.

*spits on thread.
calling u stupid is an insult to stupid ppl . all I can say is that ur stupidity has reached a level that has left me at a loss for words. I heard ur folks took u to a stupïdity contest and won angry I don't know what u took that makes u so stupeed but the stuff really works. u might think am insulting u.....nope am only describing urself to u

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by candidbabe(f): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Which fed govt. The absentee one or AFONJA.

Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by liftedhigh: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Oh
Re: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr by Cholls(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Greatzeus:
Good.Saturday to Tuesday,yeassss grin
Let me get my Mtn Sims ready for Night browsing cool I could stay up as long as I want these 4 days tongue
R.I.P to Prodigy (of Mobb Deep) cry
my brother after 20years of 2pac's Hit 'em up the guy Don finally die of sickle cell........chai 2pac na prophet o

2023: Why Zoning May Not Work In APC – Ganduje / How Alex Ekwueme Created The Idea Of The South-South Zone. / Buhari Estate Is Our Property, Occupied By Police Officers, Not Armed Men - NPF