Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,113 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong (880 Views)

What's That Misconception That People Have About You? / It Is Totally Wrong To Think Someone Is Below Your Standard / 10 Texting Habits That Should Tell Guys She Is Totally A Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by FitnessDoctor: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello guys, its Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor your favorite health blogger

Seeing someone jogging on the road at 5am in the morning is no longer a new thing. Many more people are becoming focused on their fitness than ever.

Although, there are some certain ideas or beliefs people have about exercises, some even do their exercises according to their beliefs which is just doing the opposite of what exercise is supposed to do.

Here are 3 ideas people have about exercises that are totally wrong

1. You must exercise till you are tired

This is just completely wrong. Some people just think that if you don’t feel tired or sweat hard when or after exercising then you did not do anything.

Exercising is more than just about breathing heavily and sweating. Exercising till your muscles are fatigued is just a good way to waste your time and energy.

There are people who don’t exercise at all, yet they live longer than those who take it upon their heads to exercise their heart out every single day (remember I said that exercising hard is worse than not exercising at all).

I remember when one of my subscribers told me that he was told that you should exercise for hours to get the best out of them.

I completely disagree, the length of your exercise sessions should be based on what you are exercising for and the kind of exercises you are doing

For example, my plank exercise session goes just for 30 seconds per side, two days later it goes for 1 minute and so on.

2. Wake Up and just exercise

Sadly, this is how most Nigerians do their exercises, they just wake up and go with the next thing that come to their mind, which is mostly jogging.

You should understand that exercises serve different purposes and provide different results, also when doing your exercises there are certain rules (like how to breathe during exercise) which should be observed to make sure you get best benefits of exercising.

Did You Know?

Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor exercises just 15 minutes a day and 5 times a week and looks so much better than most Nigerians who do it for 30 minutes every day of the week.

3. Exercise is just for abs or curves

I don’t really blame people for this, because this is what most fitness trainers, celebrities and media personalities advertise and talk about.

Curves and Abs are just one of the physical benefits of exercising and they should not be the main reason you exercise your body, although, this is the easiest way to entice Nigerians into agreeing to exercise.

You will see some people focusing on press ups and crunches just because they want to get abs, and most ladies focusing on squats because they want to increase their butt size.

Exercise should not just build your external system (i.e posture, abs, butt, chest etc), but also affect your internal system (and most importantly your immune system which is one of the reasons many people survive during the Ebola epidemic). This is one of the reasons why Kate Henshaw is looking ever green even at 45 because she took the internal system very seriously.

There are a lot about exercises that you need to know before trying them out and that is why having a handful of information beforehand is necessary. Always remember to follow the right tips and rules when doing your exercises to ensure you get the best out of them.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

source: http://newsphases..com.ng/2017/06/3-ideas-people-have-about-exercise-that.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by RoyalBlak007: 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Níçe
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by FitnessDoctor: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

Níçe

Thank you.

I always wonder why you type in colors and in different text font. Care to share?

Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by RoyalBlak007: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Thank you.

I always wonder why you type in colors and in different text font. Care to share?

Bluë(When i get serious)

Pink & Orange(When I wanna play around)

How many glasses​ of water would you recommend per day?
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by GossipGirl1(f): 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nice post but the wake up and start exercising part is ok for me,it's the only time I have to exercise so I see nothing wrong with it...

Thanks for sharing tho.
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by FitnessDoctor: 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

Bluë(When i get serious)

Pink & Orange(When I wanna play around)

How many glasses​ of water would you recommend per day?

8 - 10 glasses of water a day is good enough.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by vikiylove(f): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for the info..

I will seriously consider no. 1

Fitness doc what exercises are best for flexibility?
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by IwillSucced(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nice post
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by IwillSucced(m): 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
GossipGirl1:
Nice post but the wake up and start exercising part is ok for me,it's the only time I have to exercise so I see nothing wrong with it...

Thanks for sharing tho.

I don't think he meant that there is anything wrong with that, but for those who just wake up and exercise without knowing what they are doing or the right way to go about it.
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by FitnessDoctor: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
vikiylove:
Thanks for the info..

I will seriously consider no. 1

Fitness doc what exercises are best for flexibility?

Stretching exercises

Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by TroubleDude: 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

8 - 10 glasses of water a day is good enough.
how big should the cup be
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by FitnessDoctor: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
TroubleDude:

Medium sized cups which you normally use for drinking is good enough..
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by FitnessDoctor: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
lalasticlala come and see this
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by imma2(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
Exercise helps with depression.
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by marcellmarl: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2022
Many people have the impression that exercising faithfully is more difficult and unpleasant than they had imagined. But a jawline muscle trainer doesn't have to seem so bad! This book is aimed at those who want to improve their health, but don't know how. After reading this book, you'll be able to see that exercise doesn't have to be hard: you can find exercises that you enjoy doing and make progress with these easily.
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by calliking(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2022
5 litres
Re: 3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong by calliking(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2022
TroubleDude:

5 litres

(1) (Reply)

Fibroids Solution / Nurses Reveal The Last Words People Say Before They Die In Hospital / The Peak Dano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.