Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? (1233 Views)

Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. / Is There Partiality In The Kingdom Or Is God Unfair? / Is Partiality Found In God? What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by chessito(m): 6:39am On Feb 03, 2007
As i was studying my own life i discovered that there's something called an Holy Partiality,God has been so good to me and i discovered that i has really been partial about me,what some people wont escape when they do it,i escape it! Also my research extends to that of Jacob and Esau, Pharoah of Egypt and Israel etc. Pls what do you think?
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by Alexos(m): 9:53am On Feb 03, 2007
There is nothing like Holy Partiallity, Its called GRACE.

You are just enjoying the grace of God in your life, and please dont let it get into your head just keep praying for more.
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by barikade: 10:34am On Feb 03, 2007
@chessito,

chessito:

God has been so good to me and i discovered that i has really been partial about me,what some people wont escape when they do it,i escape it!

It doesn't work that, because no one escapes judgement if they don't repent. Some may 'do it' and may not escape; others who 'do it' seem to escape for the moment; but one day everyone will be answerable for their deeds.

II Pet. 3:9 - "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by TV01(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2007
chessito:

As i was studying my own life i discovered that there's something called an Holy Partiality,God has been so good to me and i discovered that i has really been partial about me,what some people wont escape when they do it,i escape it!

Hi Chessito, In response to your initiating post, could I say one thing please? Wrong! wrong!! wrong!!!

One of the most oft repeated proclamations in the Bible is God's unwavering partiality. The refrain appears accross both Testaments and I have personally noted around 13 odd verses clearly stating this truth. I post a sample below;

2 Chronicles 19:7 - Now therefore, let the fear of the Lord be upon you; take care and do it, for there is no iniquity with the Lord our God, no partiality, nor taking of bribes."

Job 34:19 - Yet He is not partial to princes, Nor does He regard the rich more than the poor; For they are all the work of His hands.

Acts 10:34 - Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.

Romans 2:11 - For there is no partiality with God.

Ephesians 6:9 - And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master also is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.

1 Peter 1:17 - And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;

And if you think you will escape judgement, please take note;

Colossians 3:25 - But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.

1Timothy 5:24 - Some men's sins are clearly evident, preceding them to judgment, but those of some men follow later.

Alexos:

There is nothing like Holy Partiallity, Its called GRACE.
You are just enjoying the grace of God in your life, and please don't let it get into your head just keep praying for more.

Alexos, please don't be offended, but I feel your response misses the point somewhat.

Grace is an enabler - to do those things that please God - not to be confused with mercy.

One of the wierdest teaching's nowadays is that grace covers or excuses sin, no sir it does not, or at least I don't see the bible teaching such. However, I remain to be corrected.

chessito:

Please what do you think?

Chessito, I suggest you stop counting the Lord as slack or partial and take sharp advantage of His longsuffering. (And study more thoroughly in future shocked)!

God bless

I need to get back to my truth hurts/tough love style of ministering, this softly, softly thing leaves me coldĀ  angry
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by mrpataki(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ TV01,
For once your expositions here, really goes to show the gentleman in you.

God Bless cool
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by chessito(m): 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2007
TV01, don't get me wrong at all, talking about me doing something and getting away with it doesnt necessary means am sinning, ok? am not talking about sin, there are times you travel or take some risk that if other people do, they'll go for it, take for instance,i work round the clock, and they Lord still keep my body intact! I can't remember the last time i took drugs for fever or something all because he is merciful! am not talking about sin at all, thanks God bless you!
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by barikade: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2007
@chessito,

Perhaps you should have clearly stated what you meant from the onset so people would not have misread you. All the same, there's nothing like holy partiality - don't let anyone mislead you, "For there is no respect of persons with God" (Rom. 2:1).
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by lafile(m): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2007
In the context of this thread, What did God mean when he said in Ex 33:19b and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.?
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by chessito(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2007
@lafiya, all what this guys are saying i can not suscribe to it because the truth is that i know that God loves me more than some people and thats the truth!
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by barikade: 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2007
John 15:9 - "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love."
Re: Do You Think There's Holy Partiality? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2011
You reap what you sow buddy, it is not grace - it is just not yet your time wink

(1) (Reply)

Jesus And The Old Laws / Dialogue Between An Atheist And A Theist / Islamic Monotheism Vs. Christian (trinitarian) Polytheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.