Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. (2010 Views)

The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. / Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2013
Are the catholics not partial when they use mary the mother of God and fail to use Joseph the father of God in their prayers? Or is Joseph a figurehead in the birth process of Jesus? If they will use mary, while not use Joseph also? Or is Joseph not the earthly father again as mary is the earthly mother of Jesus? The father which is the head is abandoned while the mother is worshipped. Are they not fooling themselve?
The catholic will not cease to amaze me. I just laugh.

1 Like

Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Infomizer(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2013
Ukuts gp: Are the catholics not partial when they use mary the mother of God and fail to use Joseph the father of God in their prayers? Or is Joseph a figurehead in the birth process of Jesus? If they will use mary, while not use Joseph also? Or is Joseph not the earthly father again as mary is the earthly mother of Jesus? The father which is the head is abandoned while the mother is worshipped. Are they not fooling themselve?
The catholic will not cease to amaze me. I just laugh.
Lemme guess why. The 'holy' conception did not involve Joseph! Also, the christian religion will be considered extremely patriarchal if there is no female figure to revere (all male trinity for instance). They had to come up with a female figure and who but the mother of god is better suited to play that role...#Justsaying
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Mary was conceived of the holy spirit while she was still a virgin.. Joseph didn't bed her, hence it was calles the immaculate conception..."The angel gabriel told her, "hail mary, full of grace, the lord is with you"... Also, little was heard of joseph after the birth of christ, it was mary that made jesus christ turn the water to wine at the wedding even when he said his time had not come, d same mary stood at the foot of the cross with peter when he was crucified...

My opinion though..

1 Like

Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2013
njokusboy: Mary was conceived of the holy spirit while she was still a virgin.. Joseph didn't bed her, hence it was calles the immaculate conception..."The angel gabriel told her, "hail mary, full of grace, the lord is with you"... Also, little was heard of joseph after the birth of christ, it was mary that made jesus christ turn the water to wine at the wedding even when he said his time had not come, d same mary stood at the foot of the cross with peter when he was crucified...

My opinion though..

u mean jesus does nt hv a father on earth? U know what those child that does not have a father are called abi.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 26, 2013
If you say Jesus does not have an earthly father then it means he does not belong to the tribe of judea! Moreso he is not a decendant of David!
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
The catholic dnt know what they ar doing
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Rich4god(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
I thought you said you were once a cstholic. If so, the you dont really knw much about the catholic church. We catholics equally pray through Joseph, just like we do ti Mary and other saints. Just that Mary is called the Mother of God because the flesh that Christ took was gotten from her and none from Joseph. Joseph is known as foster father of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by italo: 1:33am On Oct 27, 2013
Prayer to St. Joseph

Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your devine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls - Pray for me.

2 Likes

Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:45am On Oct 27, 2013
Rich4god: I thought you said you were once a cstholic. If so, the you dont really knw much about the catholic church. We catholics equally pray through Joseph, just like we do ti Mary and other saints. Just that Mary is called the Mother of God because the flesh that Christ took was gotten from her and none from Joseph. Joseph is known as foster father of Jesus.
did d bible say that jesus took his flesh from mary. Did u know what was going on in mary' womb at that time? As far as i am concerned, mary is still the foster mother of jesus. By the way, who ask u to pray through mary?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Syncan(m): 8:28am On Oct 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: u mean jesus does nt hv a father on earth? U know what those child that does not have a father are called abi.

It is time you decide what you believe in. If you are a christian, you do not need to ridicule your faith just to get on the Catholics. It's called cutting the nose just to spite the face.

The Bible all Christians read, did not hide the fact that Joseph did not give birth to Jesus in the natural order. Two places were Jesus geneology given in the Bible, take a look at them.

Matt 1:1-17. The narrator was using father begat son, making emphasis on the father eg vs 15,"And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;" However when it came to Jesus, the emphasis was moved to Mary albeit vs 16 "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Lk 3 :23. I do not know which bible you use, but the one I have here now says "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli...". Here you see the "as was supposed" ensuring that the reader understands it in it's rightful term, that it was just a supposition.

So if you are a Christian and you make jest when Catholics believe in the Divinity of Christ, for he was begat of God, then you sure do not know what you're doing.

2 Likes

Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Rich4god(m): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: did d bible say that jesus took his flesh from mary. Did u know what was going on in mary' womb at that time? As far as i am concerned, mary is still the foster mother of jesus. By the way, who ask u to pray through mary?
Na wa you o... did d angel tell Mary dat she will just carry baby Jesus in her womb... or what does concieving mean to you.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Syncan:

It is time you decide what you believe in. If you are a christian, you do not need to ridicule your faith just to get on the Catholics. It's called cutting the nose just to spite the face.

The Bible all Christians read, did not hide the fact that Joseph did not give birth to Jesus in the natural order. Two places were Jesus geneology given in the Bible, take a look at them.

Matt 1:1-17. The narrator was using father begat son, making emphasis on the father eg vs 15,"And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;" However when it came to Jesus, the emphasis was moved to Mary albeit vs 16 "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Lk 3 :23. I do not know which bible you use, but the one I have here now says "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli...". Here you see the "as was supposed" ensuring that the reader understands it in it's rightful term, that it was just a supposition.

So if you are a Christian and you make jest when Catholics believe in the Divinity of Christ, for he was begat of God, then you sure do not know what you're doing.

now if u believe joseph is d father of jesus, why not use holy joseph father of God in ur prays too. It will nt be wrong then. Unless u are saying joseph is nt d father of jesus. That is my point.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Syncan(m): 10:14am On Oct 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: now if u believe joseph is d father of jesus, why not use holy joseph father of God in ur prays too. It will nt be wrong then. Unless u are saying joseph is nt d father of jesus. That is my point.

What did you make out from my post?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by italo: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2013
Syncan:

What did you make out from my post?

Nothing. Zero.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:03am On Oct 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: now if u believe joseph is d father of jesus, why not use holy joseph father of God in ur prays too. It will nt be wrong then. Unless u are saying joseph is nt d father of jesus. That is my point.
is the above not clear enough 4 u?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Syncan(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: is the above not clear enough 4 u?

To answer your question, "No it is not clear enough to me". Now could you answer mine?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2013

Bros who told you catholics do not ask st Joseph to oray for them? St Joseph alongside thousands of other saints are venerated in the catholic and ortodox churches.

That been stressed let me state here that Joseph did not play any active role in the incarnation.Mary on the otherhand is the source of Jesus's humanity(flesh and blood) and his davidic descent.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by babestell(f): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
This OP is hilarious grin grin grin
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
babestell: This OP is hilarious grin grin grin
why do u think so?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
Rich4god: I thought you said you were once a cstholic. If so, the you dont really knw much about the catholic church. We catholics equally pray through Joseph, just like we do ti Mary and other saints. Just that Mary is called the Mother of God because the flesh that Christ took was gotten from her and none from Joseph. Joseph is known as foster father of Jesus.
who told you that i was once a catholic member?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
babestell: This OP is hilarious grin grin grin
catholics are rather hilarious
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by babestell(f): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ukuts gp: catholics are rather hilarious
I hope you are aware that you are fighting a losing battle. There is no version of this conversation/thread that you will come out tops. The fact that you just seek a rope to hang the Holy Church from is glaring to all, such hate can never result in good/success

Peace

1 Like

Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
babestell:
I hope you are aware that you are fighting a losing battle. There is no version of this conversation/thread that you will come out tops. The fact that you just seek a rope to hang the Holy Church from is glaring to all, such hate can never result in good/success

Peace
i thought u will even thank me for fighting against d false doctrines that d catholic peddles and u ar here speaking otherwise.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by italo: 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ukuts gp: i thought u will even thank me for fighting against d false doctrines that d catholic peddles and u ar here speaking otherwise.

When did God make you an authority to teach the world what is true or false doctrine?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
italo:

When did God make you an authority to teach the world what is true or false doctrine?
i know what is true and what is false from the bible
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by italo: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ukuts gp: i know what is true and what is false from the bible

And you can never possibly be wrong or misinterpret the Bible?

You are perfect and infallible?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by woky: 5:39am On Oct 31, 2013
Ukuts gp: u mean jesus does nt hv a father on earth? U know what those child that does not have a father are called abi.
i thought you are mature.

Am really disapointed.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by woky: 6:51am On Oct 31, 2013
Joseph did not physically begt Jesus. Mary concieved Jesus through divine means.
Joseph agonized over mary's apparently illegitimate pregnancy,
Protected mary and the unborn Jesus by accepting mary as his wife after an angel appeared to him in a dream and directed him to do so.

Although the bible doesn't say much abt Joseph, even his death is not recorded in the bible. He is reported by Luke to stil be alive when jesus was around 12yrs old.

Joseph was only chosen by God to be the foster father of Jesus.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Why are u people nt using joseph the father of God in ur prayers that's all. Stop talking trash. By d way, Why do u people say that mary did nt die?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by italo: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
^^^

The reason has been given you and you call it trash.

Where did we say that Mary didn't die?
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by babestell(f): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
italo: ^^^

Please brother of my, ignore this guy, he has made up his mind, nothing we say can change it. He is just lookibg for your mouth.
Re: Partiality-using Mary The Mother Of God And Not Using Joseph The Father Of God. by babestell(f): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
italo: ^^^

Please brother of mine ignore this guy, he has made up his mind, nothing we say can change it. He is just looking for your mouth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Says Christianity Is Not A Religion? / Ma Letter To Rilwayne Dmail Tartar And Co / PASTOR ORDERS FEMALE MEMBERS TO REMOVE UNDERWEAR SO GOD CAN ENTER THEIR BODIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.