Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring (13785 Views)

APC Crisis: 13 Governors Back NWC, 7 Oppose / Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu / Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by emmalexabl(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2017
Like seriously! !

If that news is genuine.,

then nnamdi kanu and Ipob are the true heroes of democracy wink

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:
Before u come here and say u want true federalism ...go and find out what ur state wage bill is ...and whats ur state contribution the money shared in abuja every month

Some state won't be able to pay workers for years
so what happens when crude oil completely losses its value in the future?
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Mujtahida: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2017
No time now for papers and positions and communique and press releases and dossiers. It's time for actualities - set down a time for a round table discussion (with national participation of all citizens through social media), use the 2014 conference recommendation as a template, reassess the recommendations and implement them NOW!

No time to waste!
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Abagworo(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2017
Nwodosis:
If it is true, the credit goes to Nnamdi Kalu and IPOB!

You're wrong as it was in APC agenda but may not be implemented because of the challenges they inherited.
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by chiscodedon(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:
Before u come here and say u want true federalism ...go and find out what ur state wage bill is ...and whats ur state contribution the money shared in abuja every month

Some state won't be able to pay workers for years
Not surprised.. Coming from a lazy Nigerian... And u believe that's the best to go..using state A revenue to pay salaries of state B..don't u know that's the reason why this state governors become lazy,preferred sitting down squandering other states sweat. Through restructuring and federalism would wake them up,every state in Nigerian is blessed with resources, that would make them sit back, restructure on what would boost their revenue be it agriculture, mineral resources mining and co...
It's their duty to strategies on ways to yield fund to pay there workers,carry out developmental projects with fund from there states not waiting on fg to share allocations every month end

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by fiizznation: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2017
Ngokafor:

..Yeah you are in the UK yet vomitting 'October 1 loading'..just like your almajiri brother who issued the declaration is a refugee in Lagos..

..Its no wonder the Whiteman calls blacks savages that behave like animals.

....But be that as it may,your political dominance of this country has come to an end...Its either restructure or out-right secession..period.
Good morning. Who told you I reside in UK? Anyway you see restructuring is a goodthing but nobody have come out till today to tell us the type of restructuring they want. Is it political restructuring or economic restructuring? People just kept on screaming restructure without mapping out solution(s) on how the country should/can be restructured.

Mind you, if the country should ever be restructured in the nearest future, the north will only support an economic restructured Nigeria(and some certain conditions will be set), anything other than that will be a NO NO for the north.

We won't allow/welcome any POLITICAL RESTRUCTURE to affect the unity the northern region enjoys.

P.S - please learn to share your own personal opinion(s) without the insults. You know I can see pass your comments.
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by danderson(f): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2017
sarrki:

grin grin The governors said: “It appears that demands framed by different groups in terms of political restructuring or true federalism can be met through adjustment in Nigeria’s federal system.

These Politicians are funny. Who is talking of adjustment when you can implement full true federalism or best return to 1963 constitution with regionalism.

http://thenationonlineng.net/apc-governors-back-true-federalism-restructuring/
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by CharlotteFlair: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2017
The smart one is the ever increasing almajiris population, ever increasing poverty rate, illiteracy, diseases, boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, a clueless vegetable president, and blood thirsty ruling class up north. @fiizznation
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by CharlotteFlair: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Abagworo:

There cannot be absolute federalism but the power at the center should be reduced with regards to fiscal plans.

www.thetidenewsonline.com/2012/09/14/amaechi-seeks-review-of-nigeria´s-federalism/

dailypost.ng/2013/12/19/nigeria-will-prosper-rapidly-true-federalism-amaechi/

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/amaechi-tasks-govt-on-fiscal-federalism/

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/amaechi-advocates-true-federalism/

If you like, cite the New York times, if the restructuring is not holistic, you and all those you quoted will still not have peace to keep enjoying your loots.
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by fiizznation: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
The smart one is the ever increasing almajiris population, ever increasing poverty rate, illiteracy, diseases, boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, a clueless vegetable president, and blood thirsty ruling class up north. @fizznation
You see the north is aware of all these things you mentioned, and believe you me, people are working effortlessly and tirelessly to see some of these things you mentioned are curbed. At least we know we have problems but we are way better than people who have mountain everest tons of problems but they still pretend that everything is alright.
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Ngokafor(f): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
Good morning. Who told you I reside in UK? Anyway you see restructuring is a goodthing but nobody have come out till today to tell us the type of restructuring they want. Is it political restructuring or economical restructuring? People just kept on screaming restructure without mapping out solution(s) on how the country should/can be restructured.

Mind you, if the country should ever be restructured in the nearest future, the north will only support an economic restructured Nigeria(and some certain conditions will be set), anything other than that will be a NO NO for the north.

We won't allow/welcome any POLITICAL RESTRUCTURE to affect the unity the northern region enjoys.

P.S - please learn to share your own personal opinion(s) without the indirect insults. You know I can see pass your comments.

...Fizznation,you,fulanimania/quotasystem reside in the UK..I know its a shame for you to admit considering the obvious,but there is no point denying it.

..I wont bother attending to other points you made in your post cos i dont consider them important..but i can assure you that the days of 'north will allow or not allow' blablabla is fast coming to an end...The earlier you all wake up to that fact,the better for you..

..I dont think i insulted you with my comment but you can pass them whenever you wish to,as long as i have passed a message which you get..i honestly care less about that.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Reference(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2017
Acknowledged. To In Tray.

To start with. Good first step. But they must bite the bullet and immediately remove from wherever it is written including in the psyche of some Nigerians this notion of 'one indivisible Nigeria'. Such cannot be written in stone but on paper with a pencil at all times. Nigeria should be a nation held together in a flux....under tension. All its constituents MUST CONSTANTLY, CONSCIOUSLY FEEL the stress of its diversity.

For a vehicle to run smoothly and successfully its tyres must be held tightly and under stress. The moment one of its nuts seeks to relax and loosen up, the whole wheel is in jeopardy. What we have is a Nigeria where everyone thinks everyone else runs at their expense. It is a toxic way to exist as a nation. So when each nut knows that to loosen up means to end the journey we will learn to respect one another and look at our diversity circumspectly.

Then we will be ready to start negotiations. The 'State of the Nation' will never be taken for granted anymore. This country is beyond a creation in any particular ones image. It should be for all.
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by CharlotteFlair: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2017
Abagworo:

You're wrong as it was in APC agenda but may not be implemented because of the challenges they inherited.
Challenges they inherited indeed! Look for another clueless excuse biko. Your paymaster the Roach has turned governance into a family business where all members of his family both competent and outrightly clueless are holding all key positions in IMO state and you are regurgitating as usual. Mtcheew.
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2017
APC governors don't want to lose 2019 elections, hence they want to deceiving their zone bees with restructuring slogans to rig their votes/PVCs.

APC wants to waste another taxpayers money to organise another conference because the 2014 national conference were done by PDP. APC's political rivals.

If APC are talking about inclusiveness in their report above, why are they not implementing 2014 national confab Is it that APC don't heard of continuation of policies

Finally, any restructuring without restoration of Biafra is a waste of resources and energies.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by CharlotteFlair: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
You see the north is aware of all these things you mentioned, and believe you me, people are working effortlessly and tirelessly to see some of these things you mentioned are curbed. At least we know we have problems but we are way better than people who have mountain everest tons of problems but they still pretend that everything is alright.
Are you sure you really are aware of your problems and taking steps to curb them? If true, then you need Nigeria most. I know you are aware of the many sermons of Sanusi of recent on how the north will go under if Easterners are to withdraw their membership. It will take you another 100yrs to make any significant improvement from where you are now if things should fall apart completely. My advice is for you to start from restructuring your repressive religious beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Mujtahida: 9:20am On Jun 23, 2017
hucienda:
lol ... see wetin NK, IPOB, Arewa youths and co don cause. Civil disobedience, agitation and unrest has suddenly increased in the land - coupled with the comedy show currently going on in the presidency and their pathetic maladministration so far especially on the economy. Dem don see say e beta make we do dis tin o - before they unknowingly justify the conviction of the poet:

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world ..."

- W.B. Yeats | The Second Coming

Turning and turning in the widening gyre*(agitations, ultimatums, nairaland e-battles, Osinbajo's meetings with ethnic leaders, conferences and calls for restructuring etc)

*The falcon cannot hear the falconer*(our Leaders do not hear our real cries, they are out of touch and blasé)

*Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold*(where is Buhari? Igbos cry the zoo must fall, give us Biafra, the Federal government is too bogus etc)
*Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world*(threat of war, unrest, hate, division, poverty, crime, recession, lack of focus by the government)

*The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere*(war will surely open the floodgates of blood, mayhem and destruction and devastation will be mercilessly unleashed upon all)

*The ceremony of innocence is drowned*(just like the first war in which Nigeria's innocence was violated so shall this one further explode the little of it that remains, people are wiser now too, no ethnic group will be used as proxies to fight and promote the agenda of another group, the children of today will be tainted by the stains of war)

*The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity*(those who call for a solution to the problem, who advocate for peace and unity are mocked and despised while those who advocate hatred are the heroes today, the charlatans and quacks and political jobbers and self seeking wannabes are the ones who are loved and adored, those who appeal to the basest, low and destructive instincts in man, those who Bay for blood and seek to ensure our collective immolation are the ones being cheered on and on)

The Second Coming(second coming of Biafra?) is the poem written by the Irish Poet W.B Yeats and it was from the third line of the poem that Achebe got the title of his classic Novel 'Things Fall Apart'

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by bestpunterever: 9:22am On Jun 23, 2017
Cooly100:
...and yet so many illiterates, mainly the afonjas, on Nairaland will be pointing fingers at IPOB and Kanu...
will u shut up?
Face those dat send u packing.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by ayufun: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2017
Is it only me that notice that, the cursed generation and descendants of the power obsessed group have failed to comment on this one!!!
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by felicitywe(m): 9:26am On Jun 23, 2017
nabiz:
Everybody supporting restructuring, then what is still holding us back? Why are few people holding us back, and who are these few cabal that are are holding us back? Anybody that is agaist this policy is an enemy of nigeris
Yorubas claim to v everything but still kick against restructuring and true federalism.I wonder why?

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by sarrki(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2017
felicitywe:

Yorubas claim to v everything but still kick against restructuring and true federalism.I wonder why?

Ask Google
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by aolawale025: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2017
True Federalism was always in APC manifesto. If buhari hadn't sidelined the parry, things would not have gotten this low
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by tmanuelle(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2017
Cooly100:
...and yet so many illiterates, mainly the afonjas, on Nairaland will be pointing fingers at IPOB and Kanu...

You are wrong man, that guy, Kanu, and his group wants Biafra, not restructuring. Yoruba leaders, especially the Progressives and the so called Awoists have always wanted this and they have been vocal about it because they have always wanted things to go back to the good Awolowo days.

The technicalities and the politics involved in the restructuring is what the FG has not figured out as to whether it is viable or not, maybe for their selfish interests, I do not know.

So you are advised to direct your hatred and disappointments appropriately and stop being mischievous.
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by felicitywe(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2017
Abagworo:

APC only used it to campaign to win elections. We v heard PMB,Osibanjo,Tinubu,Rocha's and others kicking against it.In several fora they v said it.Nnamdi KANU,Ipob&d Niger Delta agitators,&Atiku,Okunu,Anyaoku,Ekwerenmadu,Abaribe,Akpabio and a few others v called for restructuring.We need wholist restructuring not half baked.Anything less is not acceptable.All ethnic groups v equal right in a federation.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by sarrki(m): 9:42am On Jun 23, 2017
felicitywe:

APC only used it to campaign to win elections. We v heard PMB,Osibanjo,Tinubu,Rocha's and others kicking against it.In several fora they v said it.Nnamdi KANU,Ipob&d Niger Delta agitators,&Atiku,Okunu,Anyaoku,Ekwerenmadu,Abaribe,Akpabio and a few others v called for restructuring.We need wholist restructuring not half baked.Anything less is not acceptable.All ethnic groups v equal right in a federation.

Then he should be done with maturity

Without bloodshed
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by fiizznation: 9:45am On Jun 23, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Fizznation,you,fulanimania/quotasystem reside in the UK..I know its a shame for you to admit considering the obvious,but there is no point denying it.

..I wont bother attending to other points you made in your post cos i dont consider them important..but i can assure you that the days of 'north will allow or not allow' blablabla is fast coming to an end...The earlier you all wake up to that fact,the better for you..

..I dont think i insulted you with my comment but you can pass them whenever you wish to,as long as i have passed a message which you get..i honestly care less about that.
Well I will tell you again, the north is not afraid of a restructured Nigeria, not yesterday not today and certainly it won't be tomorrow. Like heck, the northerners were even the first people that glamoured for Nigeria to be restructured along economic and political lines after the unfortunate civil war. And if we should even go back around the 1950s, the north never believed in Nigeria as a sovereignty nation. We were forced into Nigeria by the southerners(is a common knowledge).

So saying/thinking the north doesn't want restructuring is laughable. What the north is saying is that, it won't allow itself to be shortchanged through some "very mischievous restructuring". Table it out, tell us how you want Nigeria to be restructed and stop over simplifying the characters of the northerners. Nobody is a fool.

And please I DON'T reside in UK..
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by ayufun: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
Good morning. Who told you I reside in UK? Anyway you see restructuring is a goodthing but nobody have come out till today to tell us the type of restructuring they want. Is it political restructuring or economic restructuring? People just kept on screaming restructure without mapping out solution(s) on how the country should/can be restructured.

P.S - please learn to share your own personal opinion(s) without the insults. You know I can see pass your comments.
Come, to the emboldened 1, Restructuring means, altering a structure! it's when a particular sector of a societal structure is dysfunctional, while others are functioning well, then you can pinpoint. Now, the whole structure is toxic to reasonable living, we need to restructure all sectors.
>>> To the emboldened 2, This is the main reason person like me is sick of your resistance to good development. Any intelligent person can really understand your mind and the mistake of amalgamation in the first place. We're just different sociology species that can't live mutually.
>>> The rest after the emboldened no 3 is just parenthesis, it shows you're not interested in development but leadership and CONFLICT is likely going to be the means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:48am On Jun 23, 2017
DrGraveYardz:
The governors are all sick in the head! Where were they when people were clamoring for it? Is it because of the pressure from different groups that want out of this union? Nobody should take them seriously because they are all bunch of clowns practicing fraud and deceit irrespective of their different political party affiliation!
mugu your opinion is inconsequential
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 23, 2017
Daguccizgreat:
Daguccizgreat:
Daguccizgreat:
Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by Nwodosis(m): 10:13am On Jun 23, 2017
Abagworo:

I score this your defence, zero!

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring by lilytender: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2017
DrGraveYardz:
The governors are all sick in the head! Where were they when people were clamoring for it? Is it because of the pressure from different groups that want out of this union? Nobody should take them seriously because they are all bunch of clowns practicing fraud and deceit irrespective of their different political party affiliation!

The agitators are all mad. Why didn't they tell Goatluck Jonaddaft to restructure when he was there for 6 years looting and sharing our treasury.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ken Nnamani: It May Be Difficult For APC To Get A Candidate Like Buhari In 2023 / October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN / I’m Silent On National Issues Until After Elections – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.