Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. (22784 Views)

Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2017
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to Ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.

There was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday, having heard a lot of tales about Ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town I saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market, i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones, I stopped to check some and walked past some.

I went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets, he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k, fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an ATM withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasn't selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .

He gave me back my money n i returned the phone to him, and then i left . i walked a few poles n decided to check my money only for me to discover to my chagrin , what i had was pieces of paper cut to the size of money and folded in a bunch just exactly as my money was.
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked. I went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home, I lost my 20k just like that to an idiot. That bright Saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. Now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.

97 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by debque(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2017
sorry bro... they gave u a welcome gift..........

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by midehi2(f): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2017
Eeyaa!

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by cheapgoals(m): 10:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Welcome to computer village. Otigba gees

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by serverconnect(m): 10:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Eayaa sorry OP, lesson learnt.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by xbaron(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.
there was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday , having heard a lot of tales about ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town i saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market , i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones , i stopped to check some and walked past some. i went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets , he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k , fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an atm withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasnt selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .
He gave me back my money n i returned the phone to him, and then i left . i walked a few poles n decided to check my money only for me to discover to my chagrin , what i had was pieces of paper cut to the size of money and folded in a bunch just exactly as my money was.
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked . i went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home , i lost my 20k just like that to an idiot . that bright saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.

Nah today yarch don dey 4 Back!....e don tey! grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Yuneehk(f): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2017
LOL.. Very funny.
So after hearing so much about Computer Village and being a newbie in town, you decided to explore the market but ended up being exploited. You've surely learnt your lesson.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 23, 2017
life is all about experiences and lessons..
I guess this won't happen in ur life again

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by dotedote: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
It's called Indonesia Money

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by orbgoblin: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
You lost your money, just don't loose the lesson.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
it was really a sad experience for me which took me time to recuperate, this will never happen to me ever again. now i have become one careful and skeptical guy.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Loop1: 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
The truth is there is no one living or born in Lagos that has never been scam .it makes you extra smart .lesson learnt from experience .

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by akaleb2015(m): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
ee - yah sorry oooooo take heart

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by femoboy(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
That's very SAD sadThat's very SAD

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by titosantana(m): 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
So people still fall for this old scam? Were you living in the bush? Anyway sorry OP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by alexxo11(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.
there was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday , having heard a lot of tales about ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town i saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market , i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones , i stopped to check some and walked past some. i went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets , he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k , fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an atm withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasnt selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked . i went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home , i lost my 20k just like that to an idiot . that bright saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.
love how you start your story..."it was a beautiful saturday morning"....people are wicked in this continent...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by donhils: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
Unless they're using charms, otherwise I won't fall for this particular trick cos I've heard so much about it and it even happened to my friend in 2011.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by austinereds(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
very funny. Sorry Op. kpele. just don't forget today's lesson.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Techpaded(f): 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
Buyers of secondhand phones , which a lot of people - majority from the east - call "belgium phones" are classified into two groups; (1) the lucky and (2) the unlucky. Apart from 2nd hand devices being unbelievably cheap and few in good conditions which some lucky buyers pounce on, the unlucky fellows might get a bitter treat.

You may not buy secondhand phones after reading this: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/06/you-may-not-buy-secondhand-phones-again.html
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by chuks013: 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
Exactly same happened to mi.but ddt ws 8 yrs...d same metod...goin 2 bank, d guy not interested in selling aftr collectincollecting moni

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Rule no 1 of buying at Computer Village : Never buy anything from road side sellers, any transaction you have with them surely won't end well. They are all crooks.

21 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by lajoshua: 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
Read on how not to get defrauded again here

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Ajewealth123(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Tips to help you while in computer village.
1) tell them after you've paid,there is nothing like renegotiating or am no longer selling.
Tell them that before you even start pricing or before paying.
2) don't ever return the phone after paying.
Sometimes you loose both your money and phone.
3) be smart and never look like ajebutter
Even in your dealings with them,sound rass,harsh and angry even when not provoked.
4) be the commander,never let them command you and never let their voice be higher than yours.
5) don't follow them to any corner when they tell you police might see them.
Tell them if you aren't doing a shady biz,why do you need to cut corner?
6)take them away from their comfort zone and always make the "EMEKA WHERE UNA DEY CALL,I DEY CORNER( give them ur location)
HOPE SAY UNA NO CARRY THAT IDIOT WEY DEY GYM COME O,I NO WAN WAHALA O

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Baroba(m): 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Sorry bro..life lessons, we live and learn..
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Kylekent59: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
They did the same to my guy,exactly the same technique but when d guy said he isn't selling again,he gave my guy his money back and my guy gave him back his phone too. So my guy was counting d money cus he is very fast in counting money(he starts from the middle first and reshuffles the money ) and discovered d first paper and he immediately gave the guy a dirty slap. We both beat d guy. And we were like taking him to army because we were in our nysc outfit. D guy begged and begged, then we let him go.

My advise is that you shouldn't buy phones along d road side or nearby corner. Buy phones from plaza and legit malls.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by fibonacci2526: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
The part that got me was you when you said you wanted a "high end Android phone" on a budget of 20k. Hian. Sorry sha

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by nnamdiosu(m): 7:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
ProIyke:

Simple rule people fail to follow. DONT EVER PATRONIZE THOSE GUYS SELLUJG STUFFS ON THE ROAD. EVEN IF ITS ETERNAL LIFE THEY ARE SELLING....DONT BUY.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Johnsonifeoluwa(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
Otigba nla

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Homeboiy: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
sorry bro, The more u look, the less u see

We don't do like that at ring road Benin city

BT for ring road, u go buy oi BT na wen u open am, ur eye go clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by OVA200(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
Everyone keep learning every day that's why they say learning never stops. Take heart OP

But can't the government do something to reduce this computer village fraudulent activities because almost all Nigerians know how dangerous that place is they can't tell me they don't know about it.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by udemzyudex(m): 4:35am On Jun 24, 2017
Lol... Each time i read about stories like this i always laugh.

Why will you collect your money without counting it? Tell him to wait and confirm the money first before he leaves.

This one no be charm, I won't say you're greedy, you'l were not smart enough..

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Flash (cwm) On Gioneer Pioneer P2 Without Pc / Mtn Has Introduced #50 Credit / Photos From TECNO Fans Gathering With Johnny Drille

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.